Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Whats a good yr. to buy a zo6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, they are both awesome cars- nobody was debating that. You took this thread personal when you shouldn't have. Agreed?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Yes, they are both awesome cars- nobody was debating that. You took this thread personal when you shouldn't have. Agreed?
Uhm kind of....Dad (just kidding)

Not as a personal attack, but from a financial stanpoint yes, unfortunately a lot of Auto Communities and Forums have condemned the 2001 Z06 as being a Lemon or a vehicle plagued with issues and this could not be further from the truth.

All of this misinformation has directly affected its resale value.

I did not buy this car as an investment, nor am I crying poor however, threads like these wont help the value of my vehicle (which I am not planning on selling for some time) that being said yes I guess I am a little "touchy" on this subject.

You would be as well...Agreed?
Old 07-02-2004, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

I suppose, but I try and seperate valid questions from personal attacks. That being said, enjoy your 4th of July weekend.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wfols1
Ok here it is,I would Seriously buy the 2001 for the following reasons.

If there is an Oil Issue GM will take care of it,they did for me and many others.
In addition the money you save by purchasing the 2001 as opposed to the 2002 (or later) would give you a head start on some Mods.

If you just have to have the HUD and the 20 xtra HP buy a Cam Kit,gut the Pup Cats and buy a used HUD Unit with the money you saved by purchasing the 2001 and you will have a car that makes a lot more power than if you would have bought the 2002.-IMHO.

Again the Cam is the largest difference, change that and it evens the playing field.
No flames, but why would you want to rely on GM to "take care" of something when you can do it yourself by avoiding the model year? Just trying to understand your logic......
Old 07-02-2004, 04:47 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Black00Z
No flames, but why would you want to rely on GM to "take care" of something when you can do it yourself by avoiding the model year? Just trying to understand your logic......
Also by now many 2001s are out of warranty. BTW, I have driven both cars, and you can tell a big differnece in the car. I drove a couple of cars back to back. When you shift to 4th in a 2001, it feels like something is wrong in the car, or you just dropped anchor.

The car just runs out of steam.

I don't think the 2001 is a Lemon, but what is the price delta of a 2001, 2002 and 2003 Z06? If you look at the delta, I'd say a 2002 and up makes more sense at this point.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Black00Z

Maybe its because you cant really afford the difference between an 01 and an 02. Or, the fact that he got a good deal on an 01, instead of an 02. You can make "excuses" all day, but either way, when all is said and done are you not driving around in one of the best all around Corvettes ever?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Maybe its because you cant really afford the difference between an 01 and an 02. Or, the fact that he got a good deal on an 01, instead of an 02. You can make "excuses" all day, but either way, when all is said and done are you not driving around in one of the best all around Corvettes ever?
Maybe you should read my prior posts on this thread to understand my logic, When I bought my 2001 I had to have Yellow and I had to have it rite then, I could not find an Yellow 02 Z06 ANYWHERE and I went all the way to Dallas from St Louis to get it the 01.

As far as the very ignorant guess that the reason I bought the 2001 as opposed to the 2002 all I have to say is that if you can afford a Z06 all years are very similar in price.

I was initially looking at just buying a C5 but as I began looking my opinion changed as my philosophy has always been- when you are spending that much $ what is a few more thousand dollars?.

Since then I have spent about five thousand dollars on Mods and have currently plenty of RWHP and RWTQ so I guess the $ wasnt the reason.

P.S. I give up, SOME of you just dont get it .Have a great day
Old 07-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Go to the for sale section if your ready to buy this week. one of the Z06 owners (2002 ) silver with 6600 miles is contemplating trading in his car for an E55..

34 grand and you get a sweetheart of a deal.

Got two kids and isn't using the car so much..

Next week his MB E55 is coming in so contact him now if you want a nice 6600 mile 2002 Z06

EnzoM is his forum ID.

For sale section.

Good luck and its a nice car.

JB
Old 07-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Also depends on the color you want too. White was only offered on the 01s, same with NBM i believe being in 02 it switched to EBM.

Both can be turned into awesome machines, but i'd probably get an 02+ just for the more initial power.

They never made an NBM Z06.

Quick Reply: Whats a good yr. to buy a zo6?