custom air to air custom cold side/hotside tubing w aluminum exhaust,
magnafuel 4303 fuel pump
TR6060 with tilton triple carbon clutch,
all solid bushings,
drm coilover suspension,
mini tub,
fikse wheels,
2013 Z06 brakes and a handful OF
has gone through many changes here and there.

Only thing that hasn't changed is that when it goes back together, something else happens, which results in long down time and it coming back apart again. Last status update of car was, installed holley dominator, in testing, tuner had all safety nets all off, vehicle overboosted, and everything else, broke a water jacket on its very 1st 149mph test pass. Engine was done in an instant. Mild cylinder head damage. Borrowed billet wilson manifold is fine minus some metal rolling around inside of it. SO basically I need another engine block. Then time to install everything again.

I came across a damaged LSA block, had a damaged cylinder. So i purchased the long block, repaired the LSA, and now I am currently trying to build that engine, to the hilt. Plans are to destroke the engine, and rev it to the mood using my Trick Flow/TEA/Tooley235s, and wilson billet manifold. Likely staying hydraulic roller but, will decide that later. Billet rods, unknown crank at this time. In that time of build, testing, breaking and job changing, I have purchased my first house, which has caused the C5 to go back on the back burner. In the meantime of the engine being down again, the corvette NEEDING ANOTHER part, again, plus the house just now taking #1 priority, I honestly needed a break from the car. From the car constantly outgrowing its parts list, to me trying to "upgrade" before I was ever done with previous upgrades. Anyways, I was loosing my mind. That said, I needed a hobby.

I have always been into road racing, auto cross, or and obviously street/road and half mile racing. Unfortunately, they all require a car. I have been fortunate to drive a LOT of other peoples cars at tracks but, not the same. Plus even if MY car is 100% up and running, I still have to get the car to the track/trailer/travel/hours of operation or time of day/weather, etc. So, what did I do,..... I built a bad *** DRIVING SIMULATOR. I needed something I could blow off steam myself at any time of day or night, as well as let others drive. It's provided a great mental escape, as well as core therapy for post spine surgery. I gotta tell you, it is pretty amazing. Anyways, that is a new outlet for me, and a fun one.

The engine today: It is still in the machine shop, waiting on me to dump a truckload of money off to continue the build. Work is good but, the car can't be #1 anymore so, it will wait a little while longer until I have SPARE funds to throw at the engine, again. So, I happen to have another aluminum block 6.0 liter laying around. An L76 out of a G8. It is a short block but, we're going through it to make sure I don't have any surprises before I install it. Likely will do all new bearings and such. I do not have cylinder heads for it at moment, as I do not want to use my TRICK FLOWS for my LSA I am hoping to build, that way I can have little downtime, and I am not swapping or sharing parts from one engine to the next other that some accessories. The L76 is at my work, we'll start going through it this week I hope. My plans are to install a good, fun stock engine save for cam, and valvetrain, and of course turbos and whatever heads that are going on it. If all goes well, I will rock this motor for as long as possible, while the race motor is being built, again. At that time, I will re-evaluate when the vehicle is working again if I will keep it, or sell that, and my tahoe, and get something new all together. Hard to say after all of these years and tears but, still here and trying. Its a never ending expense, and honestly, I am getting tired of it. Granted, I have no enjoyment out of it so, hence me being tired of spending and no return but, lets see how it goes this last go around.

Anyways, in the end, just saying hello to some old friends, if their still around.

-J

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...ld-update.html
Old 01-23-2020, 11:34 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to be so late on posting, but first I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I was also looking through your clutch photos and noticed you welded up the flywheel. I was just wondering if you were trying to add mass, or what eh reason was for all the welding on the flywheel?
Old 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Sorry to be so late on posting, but first I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I was also looking through your clutch photos and noticed you welded up the flywheel. I was just wondering if you were trying to add mass, or what eh reason was for all the welding on the flywheel?

All good man.

Good eye, common question.

The tilton carbon clutches are so small, they have nearly no weight(carbon discs and titanium components), they are so light, they have no inertia or moving mass when you let your foot off the clutch. For example, a nice heavy clutch assembly, let your foot off clutch, little throttle input if any, and you are off with little or no bucking, because that heavy clutch assembly had that rotating mass to have the weight to move the vehicle forward.

The lightweight flywheel and clutch in my car, is so light that the moment you tap the throttle, it will rev to the moon, yet it will also fall right back on its face. So you have to get crafty JUST to get the car rolling, and use LOTS of throttle input to get the car to roll. Think road race cars leaving pit lane. So by adding weigh to that area, gave the clutch JUST a little more weight for that rotating energy to get the car to roll.

A;luminum flywheel vs steel flywheel, same concept, just more extreme in my case.
Old 12-25-2023, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had seen this years ago. I’ve had an 80% finished PTK TT, forged LS2, 99 FRC. I’m going to try to finish it by the end of 2024.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome build. Hope to be like you one day

Quick Reply: 00 FRC PTK TR6060 E85 Dominator build-update