Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Tech 2 read my tune. Is it stock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech 2 read my tune. Is it stock?

Hello. My first post! I had my PCM read with a Tech 2 recently to see if it was stock. I am unable to determine if it is and would have to pay a dealer just to tell me. I have a printout and the current tune reads the following:

PCM/VCM 1 *9378021 12584929 New software to address customer complaints of erratic fuel gauge, DTC P1431 and spark

As info I have never had the car to a GM dealer for service, have owned if for over ten years and have never put a tune in it. I was told that the asterisk prevents me from reflashing it to ensure stock without getting a code from the dealer and it is also possible the tune in it is not stock. But by the description it doesn't sound like anything aftermarket. The Tech 2 was used by a qualified person but not a Corvette Tech. That is why he was unsure as we were not at a dealership to get a code from tech support to reflash it. That would require a service ticket being written up. Can anybody help?
Old 09-07-2016, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The tech II will display multiple calibrations, on one screen. You should be able to look at that screen....and see which one, if any, are different appearing. That, would be the one that would make it a custom tune. I haven't worked at gm for years so, no idea what the cal would look like unless I can see an oem one next to it.

Suggestion... post this in the scan and tune section.

Quick Reply: Tech 2 read my tune. Is it stock?