Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

ow big a job to go from Auto to manual?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ow big a job to go from Auto to manual?

OK bear with me on this...
I'm in the UK so we have limited options when buying cars..

I've got a 99 vert auto.. which I actually really like, mail order tune various mods etc.. LS1 with Z06 intake, CAI , SS full exhaust, upgrade throttle body etc..
Now I have a chance of getting a C5 Z06 engine, gearbox and I think maybe a diff ( not sure on last bit) engine is 40k miles less than mine and off course .. out of the blocks this engine is + 50HP on mine.. but also I believe the gearing in the Z06 box is pretty awesome giving it much better acceleration... in principal sounds good.. have got some guys over here with Talent to do the swap.. however just wondering how big a job we are looking at.. in case the labor bill runs off into space!!
is it virtually plug and play.. would all of the DIC bits work OK etc..

thanks
Old 05-18-2017, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

I'm in the process of converting my z06 to auto. Going from auto to 6speed should be easier. You can get a transmission harness from a standard and it will be very straight forward. The clutch pedal isn't even that bad to install.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Hi Matt..
Missed out on the Z box.... But still looking at going manual if it isn't too big a job... Engine is getting cam upgrade and 243 heads.. So effectively a Z engine..
Box worries me with the electrical side working ok? Would love to try to get a Z box.. As believe gearing is better for accelerating particularly in 2nd

Quick Reply: ow big a job to go from Auto to manual?