Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help Seeking a Lingenfelter 540 Big Block C4.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Seeking a Lingenfelter 540 Big Block C4.

Thanks for your attention. I think I'm looking for my last car. Lingenfelter did some of these in the 90's, I think most came with a 540 BBC installed & I think they mostly were on the standard C4 Platform. I would probably consider pretty much any condition including crashed cars. Please fellow members....keep this in mind & let me know if you run across a ad or one. I have the money in the bank. Please PM me & I will call or give you my contact. Thanks very much! Tim
alnukem is online now Report Post
Old 11-30-2021, 05:53 AM
Staging Lane

I am still looking for my "mythical beast", please let me know if anyone finds one. I know of one for sure. Geeze, this makes finding "sasquatch" like shooting fish in a barrel! Thanks.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:51 AM
Teching In

My last C4 had a pretty stout 383, a 540” BB must be insane.
Good luck with the search.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:26 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A friend of mine had John build him a C4 in 1988, his car was featured in a story on LPE, and he stayed in contact with LPE over the years as they did work on his car from time to time over the years. We discussed LPE on numerous occasions, but I never heard of a C4 with a BBC. I know they did the 383 cars, they did some 415 ZR1's, and they even did a handful of 415 twin turbo zr1's. I've never heard of a BBC car.

I know LPE did a 605 BBC in some Suburbans that went overseas (there is an article on those). I have seen a lot of LPE produced cars, but I have never seen or heard of them doing a c4 with a BBC. That is not to say they didn't do one. But most of the "cool" stuff LPE did has at least some documentation on it. Are there any print articles on a C4 with a BBC built by LPE? I'm just trying to understand if there is more to this story than just myth and folklore.

Quick Reply: Help Seeking a Lingenfelter 540 Big Block C4.