Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

I just drove a couple C6s at VIR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I just drove a couple C6s at VIR!!!

The dealership where I work elected another salesman and I to go to Corvette school. Each Vette dealer must have at least one sales person that is certified on the new C6, to be able to sell them. The school was held at Virginia International Raceway. We had various workshops/classes that we had to attend, such as a powertrain/chassis work shop. In addition to C6 classes we also had a few classes and an autocross on the LS2 powered SSR (the LS2 really wakes it up!). At the end of our classes we had a "Driving Academy" thats were the fun began! We had the opportunity to drive a couple C6s and some of the competition like the 911Carerra, Boxter S ,and Z4 around VIR. To say the least that track is very difficult. I had the 911 all over the place lol. It felt like we were at a driving school because we had professional racing instructors for various driving schools with us in the cars, giving us pointers. The C6 amazed me in every way! The power was bad *** and it handled like it was on rails! It was leaps and bounds over the competition that we drove. This cars in way more car then the C5 was ,and I think the C5 is one hell of a car. Everything in the car is world class, such as the overall fit and finish, the features, and the interior is just right. I am truly in love with the C6. They had about 10 vettes for us to drive, and one of the Vettes I drove was the Victory Red one that was used in the "Day Dream" commercial with the little boy driving it. I thought that was really cool. Most of the other cars we various press cars, that were used in different magazines. Sometimes I hate my job , but days like yesterday make me love it and make me feel very grateful. This was for sure an experience I will never forget!

Kevin
Old 08-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds awesome!! Did you get some pics??

Old 08-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Teching In

I wanted to take a camera, but I wasnt sure if I was allowed to bring one. It turns out over half of the people there where taking pics left and right.....So I took a few pics on my camera phone. I need to mail them to my computer to see how they turned out. I really cant tell on the little screen on my phone how they look.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds awesome!

Quick Reply: I just drove a couple C6s at VIR!!!