Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C1232 H C DIC code currently..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C1232 H C DIC code currently..

After getting everything button'd up after a clutch install I am getting this code. I tried to clear it, but it would not go away. I hold down the reset and that sucker will not go away. I disconnected the battery and waiting 10 minutes and it came right back. I jacked the car up and checked the connector and made sure it was snug and it was not loose. I checked the connector closer to the engine and it was tight as well. Is there another connection? I doubt the sensor went bad just sitting there. I am thinking I somehow disconnected something else and forgot to connect it. Any suggestions would help..
Old 01-30-2005, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vince, did you check LF wheel speed sensor, lubricate weatherpac connections with dielectric grease, needed with our florida weather
Old 01-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aloha,
this code is for the LF wheel sensor.There is no wiring harness to it.
Scroll thru the DIC with the options button.When you come to the "tire training",follow the steps,you'll need a large magnet to put on the valve stem of the wheels as you re-train them..If that doesn't work,maybe the sensor went bad.This should happen when the battery is disconnected for a while,as well as the radio,key FOB and memory package need to be reset.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by H-5-L
Aloha,
this code is for the LF wheel sensor.There is no wiring harness to it.
Scroll thru the DIC with the options button.When you come to the "tire training",follow the steps,you'll need a large magnet to put on the valve stem of the wheels as you re-train them..If that doesn't work,maybe the sensor went bad.This should happen when the battery is disconnected for a while,as well as the radio,key FOB and memory package need to be reset.
C1232 LF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted

There is a connector not attached. I will find it tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Not sure if you know this already,the wheel sensor is inside the tire,connected to the valve stem.There battery life is estimated at 3 plus years.
Laterz...
Old 01-31-2005, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by H-5-L
Not sure if you know this already,the wheel sensor is inside the tire,connected to the valve stem.There battery life is estimated at 3 plus years.
Laterz...
Tire pressure sensor is inside wheel, no wires. ( C1232 LF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted ) Wheel speed sensor is not in wheel and has wires including plugs. Apparently the left front got pinched or pulled.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

If all else fails check the ground connector on the left side, sits just behind the headlight and is the gremlin on many electrical problems, while you're at it check the right side too. They get corroded and can create havoc!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Shorty Director

I was going to check everything today, but did not have time. I will try check each suggestion.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Purrvert
Tire pressure sensor is inside wheel, no wires. ( C1232 LF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted ) Wheel speed sensor is not in wheel and has wires including plugs. Apparently the left front got pinched or pulled.
Your right,my bad...
For some reason i was crossing this with the tire pressure sensor. Doh
The grounds were good advise if you can't find a loose connector.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Shorty Director

Ok guys.. I fixed the problem. During the clutch swap I must have pinched a wire somewhere because I was not getting any power at all to the sensor. I traced the wire back until I could not see it anymore and there was no power at that point. I went near the battery where the connector is and pulled out the wires going to the LF wheel. Wallah!! Power! I decided to splice into that wire and run a temporary all the way over to the wheel sensor connector and splice into that wire. Guess what? The code went away and all the DIC's went away. Well I decided to make a permanent connection instead of pulling the car apart to find the break. I now have no codes whatsoever. We have BUSH!!! It took me 2.5 hours to accomplish this wire tracing task. I even changed my oil while I was at it.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VINCE
Ok guys.. I fixed the problem. During the clutch swap I must have pinched a wire somewhere because I was not getting any power at all to the sensor. I traced the wire back until I could not see it anymore and there was no power at that point. I went near the battery where the connector is and pulled out the wires going to the LF wheel. Wallah!! Power! I decided to splice into that wire and run a temporary all the way over to the wheel sensor connector and splice into that wire. Guess what? The code went away and all the DIC's went away. Well I decided to make a permanent connection instead of pulling the car apart to find the break. I now have no codes whatsoever. We have BUSH!!! It took me 2.5 hours to accomplish this wire tracing task. I even changed my oil while I was at it.
Glad it was simple.

Quick Reply: C1232 H C DIC code currently..