Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New Vette or new Cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 04:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Vette or new Cobra.

In addition to what Chris said, there's also the factor that there are TONS of mustanges on the road! I like the 99 idea.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,006 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DG Gordon:
<strong>I have a 2000 SS and am really wanting to up date How do the new 02 vettes run as compared the 2000 model. I drove a 2000 and a 1999 and neither was as fast as my 2000 SS.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like you've got some $$$ to spend if your ready to trade cars and have a 2000 SS. If I were you I'd talk to MTI or GTP or TEA and do a nice heads and cam package for the SS or a Big Bore 382 or something similar. For a fraction of the $$$ of a new Cobra or new Vette, you'll be much faster than either.

In fact the depreciation you'll lose the first year with the Cobra or Vette would pay for about all the mod's you'd do to the 2000 SS.

Have fun.

<small>[ May 05, 2002, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: 99 Black Bird T/A ]</small>
Old 05-07-2002, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your contemplating a Corvette or Mustang...you probably don't belong in a Corvette. The biggest point I can express is that the SVT Cobra is blown to its max potential, while the corvette is a N/A beast that isnt close to its potential. As far as a Cobra beating a C5 on a road course that is BS. If your just into going fast and drag racing dont buy a Vette. If you like the total package (HANDELING, speed, design, class...) buy a Corvette. If your not interested in any of that, just throw a Supercharger on your SS and save some money. my 2cents

Quick Reply: New Vette or new Cobra.