Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5/Z06 Vortech supercharger coming soon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5/Z06 Vortech supercharger coming soon!

Vortech will soon have a kit available for the C5 and Z06. This kit will include an Aftercooler, upgraded injectors (either 38 or 42#), upgraded programming and everything that will be needed for a top quality install. They are planning on using either a V1 or V2 SQ head unit that will produce about 8# of boost. This kit is in the final stages of development and there is a 2002 Z06 running around with one of the prototypes. I've been told that the car is a blast to drive. More details will be posted on our website as they are available. We are also taking names of people that are interested in getting one of the first kits when they become available. This can be done by e-mailing tbyrne@tbyrne.com. We will provide you with introductory pricing when it's available.

Have a good day,
Tom
Old 06-26-2002, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: C5/Z06 Vortech supercharger coming soon!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tbyrne:
<strong>... using either a V1 or V2 SQ head unit that will produce about 8# of boost.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The LS1 Fbody units are V1's right? What's the real difference? How do they compare to S/T/Y trims on LT1's?

I'm thinking about the ability to run low compression and lots of boost (and how the current fbody V9-G trims won't support the boost a lot of people are looking for).

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong> and there is a 2002 Z06 running around with one of the prototypes. I've been told that the car is a blast to drive.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bet!!!! I'll send you an email to get on the pricing list.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2002, 12:00 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

So this will fit under the stock hood?
Old 07-01-2002, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So this will fit under the stock hood? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good question... I'll have to find out about this. I'm 99% sure it will but will have to find out for sure.

The LS1 f-body uses the V9 that is designed to fit in tight locations. Some specs for the different blowers are -

V1 S-trim -
Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 680 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI *
Maximum impeller speed: 50,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 72% **
Available with straight or curved discharge and clockwise or counterclockwise rotation

V1 T-Trim -
Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 825 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 1,200 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 26 PSI *
Maximum impeller speed: 55,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 73% **
Available with straight or curved discharge and clockwise or counterclockwise rotation

V9 G-trim -
Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 575 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 800 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI *
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 65,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 72% **
Available with straight discharge in clockwise or counterclockwise rotation

Tom
www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Quick Reply: C5/Z06 Vortech supercharger coming soon!