Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

F-Body owners that have gone to Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill put in my 2 cents too. I've had my C5Z for almost three months now, and when I had to drive my trans am the other day, I remembered why I bought the Z.the vette is so much more refined than the fbody is it is unreal. I would recommened it to anyone who wants to do it, plus it helps that only doing full exhaust can get you to 400rw, well i hope anyways. i'll find out next weekend.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

I have both. Ive got a 98 C5 and a 99 SS.

I would trade the SS for another vette in a heartbeat but the wife drives the SS and wants a back seat.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Had both, have both and love both.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Teching In

I just bought a Z06... I should be getting it in about a week or so...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Teching In

I'm going to end up putting my Firehawk up for sale.... I think I should be pretty happy with the Z06 as a daily...
Old 07-22-2011, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Going thru the same thing myself. I've put so much blood, sweat and tears along with an empty wallet now that I'm very torn. I had a guy offer me 20k for my one of two rare SS vert with 51k miles on it. I will kick myself in the *** in 20 years if it turns out this car is worth big bucks cause it's rare, but on the other side of that if I keep it and 15 years from now it's not worth the 20 the guy offered me and I never got my Z then I'm gonna be pissed. So what do you guys think? Rare convertible that has about everything done under the sun or find a EB Z?
Old 07-22-2011, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmatt98
Going thru the same thing myself. I've put so much blood, sweat and tears along with an empty wallet now that I'm very torn. I had a guy offer me 20k for my one of two rare SS vert with 51k miles on it. I will kick myself in the *** in 20 years if it turns out this car is worth big bucks cause it's rare, but on the other side of that if I keep it and 15 years from now it's not worth the 20 the guy offered me and I never got my Z then I'm gonna be pissed. So what do you guys think? Rare convertible that has about everything done under the sun or find a EB Z?
EB Z
Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had/have both. They are almost apples to oranges...
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by [Firehawk]-[#530]
I'm going to end up putting my Firehawk up for sale.... I think I should be pretty happy with the Z06 as a daily...
I know I am! Daily driving a race car is the greatest feeling.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
It seems like the cost of modding the f body to be much faster than the vette would be cheaper than buying a vette no? ....
No. There is absolutely nothing you can do to an F-body that will make it handle like a Vette. 1/4 mile? Different story, but you're talking apples and oranges.

Interesting seeing this 6 year old thread. Haven't seen it since I had my C5Z.

Well, I have upgraded again in the last couple of years.

Completely and utterly forgot what having the Trans Am was like, other than "slow".
Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still have both. My 99 twin turbo ta and my stock 2008 z06. Both great cars in their own ways. The vette has amazing handling,braking, great quality and is pretty fast out of the box mostly due to being so light..around 3100 pounds. It has a nice exotic look to it and get lots of complements on it.

The 99TT has decent braking and handling after the mods put into it and of course has tons and tons of power ,more than could ever realistically use . I still kick around selling the 99TT but only for a happy price of 40k and if it does go it just means will buy my next planned stable car a snakeskin green vert viper a bit sooner .
My new plan is to buy and keep stock supercars getting away from the modding thing. Must be getting old. But will keep the 99TT if don't get price I want . Also still keeping one or two modded talons around for fun ,one is my dedicated race car.

But the plan was vette, then viper,then likely ford GT 40, then probably porsche awd Twin turbo and then last maybe 458 Italia. The last one is way down the road. And the new secret is to buy them used and save tons on someone elses depreciation Got my z06 for a great price compared to new and it had only 6000 miles on the clock. And got it from GM dealer so got extended warranties for pretty cheap as well.
So almost like buying brand new car.
Only complaint is its pretty hilly where moved to out here in BC so starting to like autos more and manuals less especially when in heavy traffic on hills.
But currently of course they don't offer vipers in auto or z06 or zr1 and don't think ford gt40 either. I guess could convert my z06 but so far living with it and do like manual cars. I converted my 99TT to auto it was factory six speed. And maybe should have left it stock in hindsight. Oh well water under the bridge.
The c5 are also pretty nice especially in z06 form. The c6 z06 are really a bit jump up over the c5 though in terms of power stock for stock and further refinement.I really really love my 427 z06.

Quick Reply: F-Body owners that have gone to Corvettes