Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 Active Handling and Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks.
but now can you set the car to be off or in cd mod all the time or do you have to do it everytime you start the car.
In my T/A I have a SLP thing that turns it off everytime youy start the car and to have it on i have to turn it on when you want it.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You have to reset it after you turn off the car
Old 09-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the inputs. I'm still leaning towards installing the system on my car.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots a luck with that one..it might be less expensive and a whole lot less hassle to attend a driving school than to try and mix technology three decades apart.. ..first thing that I do when I get in the car is turn the whole thing off..
Old 04-26-2014, 08:19 PM

Default Active handling

Scary, that is what I think,I have a procharged 98 convertible e-85, headers, Bullets. Hit 2nd gear hard at 25 mph, I blew the tires off,back end started coming around, I let off the gas, the car wanted to go straight but it was sideways, had it fully coutersteered, nailed the brakes should have killed it. No brakes, no steering when it stopped sliding sideways it hooked up and I met the transformer sitting beside the road and did a 360 after I hit it. With my brakes fully applied. Basically I had no steering to correct and once it was sideways I had no steering no brakes and no control. I also had it do something similar when the road was wet and before I modified the car, didnt hit anything and was not even on the gas just turning from one road to another. I like the traction control however, after modifying the car it does not react if the tires are going to break loose a lot however it does work if you are barely breaking the tires loose, tried it on the same road with it on and then off. With it off the tires break lose through second with it on it hooks up better.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Teching In

nearly totaled my car in a ditch b/c of active handing in the rain.... car barely hydroplaned and it got really out of control

Quick Reply: C5 Active Handling and Traction Control