Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

02-04 Z06 vs. C6

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless you get an 08 C6 and put LT's on it and run him his ET's will be the same if not lower that LS3 is a much better motor and for ride and drive qualitly the C6 if far better i have a C5 and i've drove a number of C6's they ride alot better.... plus i think they look better but the my own .02..... but performance wise you role up on an 08 and you'll have your hands full!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

I used to have a c6 and it was a great car had to get rid of it because of some problems just bought a 03 z06 and it definetly a better car not only power wise but it is much more comfortable. so definetly go with z06
Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black Bullet 1
I used to have a c6 and it was a great car had to get rid of it because of some problems just bought a 03 z06 and it definetly a better car not only power wise but it is much more comfortable. so definetly go with z06
I don't know about the power part man, the 08's are laying down some insane numbers with intake, headers, and tune! If I get one, it'll be an 08 M6 Z51...probably white, or the orange.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

can't pull your own codes on c6's fellas, it makes for easy diagnostic work. c5's will tell you EXACTLY what's wrong so I vote c5 z06. That reason alone is important to me.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
can't pull your own codes on c6's fellas, it makes for easy diagnostic work. c5's will tell you EXACTLY what's wrong so I vote c5 z06. That reason alone is important to me.
Really, Is this true???? Or is it that no one has figured out how to get to the codes? If this is true, that kinda sucks!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

it's true
Old 10-28-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Handheld tuners are able to read the codes though, right??? Please tell me they can!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd go with the C6, but thats just my preference. The main reason is for looks, not speed. I do like the newer style and interior. Also, if you plan on modding it pretty good, stock performance is close enough to where it shouldn't matter too much.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Like has been discussed above, the C6 to me is more refined and has a much better interior. The C5Z06 has a crappy stereo (the C5 coupe's is even better) and not as many "luxury" options...not even the air pressure sensors. (which can be added and using a Tech tool can be turned on from what I hear)...but the Z was made for performance. I had the C5 coupe first, then went with a C5Z (huge power and handling difference, but was dissapointed in how I had to give up many coupe options for it), then bought a C6... needless to say, I had the C6 looking nice (iForged, headers, etc...) but it was no C5Z06. I sold it and just bought a C5Z06 again. 2004 model with 10,900 miles, bone stock. Wow, I can feel the difference already. I initially bought this car to resale, but I'm really thinking about keeping it. I'll post it for sale soon...either way, it'll be a win win for me. Oh, if it does sell...I'll probably still buy another C5Z06 until the C6Z06 comes closer to the $45k range.

Good luck with your decision. Hope all these opinions help out.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

I personally cant stand the way the C5s look but to each his own I guess.

I traded in my C5Z for my C6 and I could not be happier.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that the LS3 has been introduced it's a whole new ballgame. The LS3 will make the C6 a better all around car because of the power potential.
As soon as you start to mod a C5Z or a C6 the cars are going to change and you will have exactly what you want. If you say the C5Z out handles the C6 you can put on new shocks, springs and bars. Now your C6 will out handle a C5Z. If you say the C6 is slower in the 1/4 then you throw on (your perfered mod here) and the C6 will be faster.
You can **** on eachothers feet all day saying this car is faster stock, this car is faster for the money, etc. Both cars have the same potential, if you want 800 hp you can find a way to get there with either model. If you want it to handle you will get pretty close to the same performance with either model. What it comes down to is which one can you afford to hit your goals.

Sure I'd love an 08 C6, I'd head and cam it, put on LT headers and go through the suspension (the same way I would on a C5Z), and install some StopTechs (the same ones I'd put on a C5Z). I'd have a near 500 whp road racer that would fly at the track. For about $55k.
But I can't afford to do it so I will start with a 99-00 FRC and install an LS2 stroker and do the same suspension and brake mods as I would to a C6. I'd have about $30-$35k in my 500 whp kick *** road racer that would fly at the track.
Personally I like the C5, I've worked on more of them and find that they are easier to work on than the C6, but the power potential of the C6 would be hard to ignore, with the HD rear end, further beefed up 6 spd box, more cubes, better heads, and a Nav system in case I get lost on the track.
"Hello On-star how can I get this f-ing Porsche to give me a point by?"

That's just my opinion I could be wrong!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT-4Play
Now that the LS3 has been introduced it's a whole new ballgame. The LS3 will make the C6 a better all around car because of the power potential.
As soon as you start to mod a C5Z or a C6 the cars are going to change and you will have exactly what you want. If you say the C5Z out handles the C6 you can put on new shocks, springs and bars. Now your C6 will out handle a C5Z. If you say the C6 is slower in the 1/4 then you throw on (your perfered mod here) and the C6 will be faster.
You can **** on eachothers feet all day saying this car is faster stock, this car is faster for the money, etc. Both cars have the same potential, if you want 800 hp you can find a way to get there with either model. If you want it to handle you will get pretty close to the same performance with either model. What it comes down to is which one can you afford to hit your goals.

Sure I'd love an 08 C6, I'd head and cam it, put on LT headers and go through the suspension (the same way I would on a C5Z), and install some StopTechs (the same ones I'd put on a C5Z). I'd have a near 500 whp road racer that would fly at the track. For about $55k.
But I can't afford to do it so I will start with a 99-00 FRC and install an LS2 stroker and do the same suspension and brake mods as I would to a C6. I'd have about $30-$35k in my 500 whp kick *** road racer that would fly at the track.
Personally I like the C5, I've worked on more of them and find that they are easier to work on than the C6, but the power potential of the C6 would be hard to ignore, with the HD rear end, further beefed up 6 spd box, more cubes, better heads, and a Nav system in case I get lost on the track.
"Hello On-star how can I get this f-ing Porsche to give me a point by?"

That's just my opinion I could be wrong!

Good write up. I really think my goal is to get into an 08 coupe, and do simple mods, like LG headers, intake and tune; and call it a day. I'd hate to lose the 5yr/100K warranty they come with now! The power they're putting down with those simple mods are incredible. I'm strongly preferring that over a C5Z now, whereas before, it was C5Z all the way. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved my Z, but if I get into another C5Z, I'll always be wondering what that C6 would've looked like in my garage. Know what I mean. My main goal is not to have a super modded beast, because I want that warranty, so with the power potential of the LS3's, it's difficult to pass up.

RT

Quick Reply: 02-04 Z06 vs. C6