Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Vette might be too low...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette might be too low...

HELP!!! Does anyone have any tips or know of something I can build to help get my car onto a drive on lift? I've removed the front torsion bolts and lowered the back with some lowering bolts. It looks freakin' awesome, but I don't think it'll clear the lift. Thanks fellas!
Old 01-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Launching!

just put some boards down on the ramps of the lift... or, if u have a 4 post lift, then put some boards down in front of the tires and drive up on them, enough to get clearance so u can put the lifting pucks under... my car is slammed pretty well too, and all i need is one 2x6 sized board to get it high enough to put the jack/lift pucks under...
Aj
Old 01-30-2006, 05:04 AM
Launching!

I slightly lowered mine 4 years ago.Same as above,make homemade ramps.I have to go in stages,first i lay down my 2 x 6's,that i cut to wedges,i drive up on to the 2 x 6's,then repeat this step but add another 2 x 6 to get a little higher,then i can get the low profile jack under it.I lowered mine 4 inchs.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Same here. I just drive my car up on 2x6s and up it goes from there.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Teching In

hmmm, lot of texas guys on here.
i bought my car from shawn high (i'm sure some of you know him) and this car is freakin' low. in fact, my new tuner lifted it up about an inch in the front - when he put the 408 in there, it droped the front fenders over the tire - couldn't even get my fingers between them!
i don't know how he's getting it on a lift, but i haven't had the car in my posession long enough to try a jack or anything.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I jack up mine at the rear end, about a foot off the ground, then place my jack pucks in there slots, then place the lift under the car.

No problems ever. Just gotta chack both sides to make sure shes not on the body.

Done.

Drive on lift?.....alot of boards, over a long distance, or your s.o.l.'d
Old 02-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Togo
hmmm, lot of texas guys on here.
i bought my car from shawn high (i'm sure some of you know him) and this car is freakin' low. in fact, my new tuner lifted it up about an inch in the front - when he put the 408 in there, it droped the front fenders over the tire - couldn't even get my fingers between them!
i don't know how he's getting it on a lift, but i haven't had the car in my posession long enough to try a jack or anything.
It's tuff bro,i can squeeze one finger (stock size z tires),between,barely.Dude it sucks jacking up the car,takes me about 20 minutes to do the front with my "stepped" homemade ramps...But i'll never raise it up..

Quick Reply: Vette might be too low...