Old 02-12-2006, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a spectre werkes one on my c5

http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroavatar/6972
Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Teching In

I was gonna get a c5 myself but then i decided that i'm 18 and i have plenty of time in the future to get one. anyways here's a decent lookin' body however i hadn't seen alot of the above kits and they were all pretty damn nice.

http://www.greenwoodvette.com/c5rpage2.htm
Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Launching!

To each's own, I say.

To me, the whole thought that you shouldn't/can't do body mods is the same as saying you can't/shouldn't change the car from stock AT ALL.

What's the difference between putting non-stock wheels on?

What about all these "practical" performance mods?!? Doesn't the car come "good enough"? That's why the guys at AMG told me, when I asked what mods were available for the wife's Benz. (Like *they* are gonna stop me).

I personally LOVE the Tigershark and love to see C5's that look a bit "different". Yes, the car looks great as is, but there's no harm in "enhancing".
Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well so far my favorite is the german widebody.; a link to their stuff is here www.extremecorvette.com they build a 15 inch wide body kit for c5's andit looks amazing when you use specter werks c5r headlights with it! I dont know wabout the $11,000 price tag though.After this kit,the only original body peices are the hood(but probably not for long), and the deck lid. I think its beutiful.I wish i could design my own and have it custom made. Thanks for the pics guys! very helpfull
Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 530transam
well so far my favorite is the german widebody.; a link to their stuff is here www.extremecorvette.com they build a 15 inch wide body kit for c5's andit looks amazing when you use specter werks c5r headlights with it! I dont know wabout the $11,000 price tag though.After this kit,the only original body peices are the hood(but probably not for long), and the deck lid. I think its beutiful.I wish i could design my own and have it custom made. Thanks for the pics guys! very helpfull

think your link is wacky bro. Doesn't work.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

whoopsy i forgot the all important hyphin. www.extreme-corvette.com is the correct url.I cant get the gallery to open but id love to see pics.It also says they have an interior kit for c5's.Let me know....
Old 02-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Mine doesn't have a complete body kit on it, just the parts that I liked. I put the Carvaggio rear spoiler on it, because it doesn't wreck the lines of the car at all. I put the Motor City Molds Magnuson Supercharger, carbon fiber hood on because it looks nice, and lastly, I put the C5R lights on it (with HID's because the stock lights aren't the greatest). If you want a body kit on your car, and it makes you happy, then by all means you should do it!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, that thing is YELLOW. Very clean car man. I dig the hood and lights, which I need to buy the housings. ALready have the HID's, which your right, they're badass!

Like Hi DEF through your front windsheild.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Wow, that thing is YELLOW. Very clean car man. I dig the hood and lights, which I need to buy the housings. ALready have the HID's, which your right, they're badass!

Like Hi DEF through your front windsheild.
Thanks for the compliments! I agree that it's pretty bright, and you either like the M/Y or you hate it! It's not one of those, "It's alright" colors. As you can tell, I'm definitely in the Like it crowd. Inside the car has a whole bunch of Vette Essentials stuff, so you never get away from yellow.

I use to follow the "leave the car alone, it's a Corvette" line of thinking (before I bought one of my own), but grew tired of driving by cars that looked just like mine. I think modding your car, and making it different from everyone elses is important. It personalizes it and makes it yours.

You can put the HID's in the stock housings, but if you did that, you'd be much better off buying the T84 glass Euro spec housings because they give a better light/cutoff pattern for the HID's. What Kelvin temperature are your bulbs? Mine are 6k's and I wish that I'd have gotten the 4.3k's, because they are the brightest and mine shine a little bluish, but are still bright as he11!

I never noticed that in the pic, it does look high def. That's pretty Cool!

Have a Great Day!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Thanks for the compliments! I agree that it's pretty bright, and you either like the M/Y or you hate it! It's not one of those, "It's alright" colors. As you can tell, I'm definitely in the Like it crowd. Inside the car has a whole bunch of Vette Essentials stuff, so you never get away from yellow.

I use to follow the "leave the car alone, it's a Corvette" line of thinking (before I bought one of my own), but grew tired of driving by cars that looked just like mine. I think modding your car, and making it different from everyone elses is important. It personalizes it and makes it yours.

You can put the HID's in the stock housings, but if you did that, you'd be much better off buying the T84 glass Euro spec housings because they give a better light/cutoff pattern for the HID's. What Kelvin temperature are your bulbs? Mine are 6k's and I wish that I'd have gotten the 4.3k's, because they are the brightest and mine shine a little bluish, but are still bright as he11!

I never noticed that in the pic, it does look high def. That's pretty Cool!

Have a Great Day!

Stock, is never a stopping point for me. The only car I think out there, that doesn't need anything lookswise, aside from wheels, is the WS6. Everything else, is an open subject.

More into the power thing man, for now. When I HAVE the money for apperance, I'll do it. Has to be functional for me though.

As far as my HID's,...lol. Couldn't tell you. Thery're factory GM Escalade units.

You can make ANY HID kit, work on ANY car, from what we've learned here at work.

I think every car and bike here, has them.

It's great to have a body shop.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Mine doesn't have a complete body kit on it, just the parts that I liked. I put the Carvaggio rear spoiler on it, because it doesn't wreck the lines of the car at all. I put the Motor City Molds Magnuson Supercharger, carbon fiber hood on because it looks nice, and lastly, I put the C5R lights on it (with HID's because the stock lights aren't the greatest). If you want a body kit on your car, and it makes you happy, then by all means you should do it!

I'm definitely not one to shout from the roof tops to remove your BSM but I really think it would make it little cleaner. Don't get me wrong, I love your car the way it sits.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tech
I'm definitely not one to shout from the roof tops to remove your BSM but I really think it would make it little cleaner. Don't get me wrong, I love your car the way it sits.
Thanks for the props! They're always nice to hear!

Here's some PhotoChops of my car without the BSM's, and while I respect your opinion, I like it better with them.

Quick Reply: Corvette body kit?