Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 04:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette body kit?

hey everyones whats up?Im preparing to buy a c5 here in the next few months.Or sooner.I was approved th eother day for a 2001 z06 at a local dealership but i think $36,000 is a lot to swallow at the age of 20.im in the market for a c5 targa with hud and a six speed.Anyway-i was really surprised at the aftermarket following for thses cars i never realized it was so big.So my question is-what are some of the nicest body kits out there?I have only seen a few but so far i really like the rksport sides and rear and the tiger shark front.But i keep hearing about a geiger kit and a c5r kit.I want to see everything available on real cars not those model cars on the sites.I also want to install a pioneer avic-d1 or d2.Any pictures are much appreciated!!!! oh by the way something funny-i got approved for the 01 z06 with 37000 miles and its that sebring silver color with darker rims.Right down the street at another dealer they have an 03 Z06 an exact duplicate same colors for $34,000 but i couldnt get aproved.Isn't that bullshit?
Old 02-05-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

I personally don’t like any aftermarket body kits or wings on vettes. IMO they look great right from the factory.

36k is ALOT of money for an 01Z. If I were you I would go for the targa top that way you could have mod money once the bug hits you. You may also want to take a look into insurance as most companies wouldn’t insure me for less then 500 per month when I was 20

Having the place run your credit multiple times may be why you couldn’t get financing on the newer/cheaper vette. Number of hard inquiries is one of the deciding factors of your credit score. They can remain on your report for as much as 2 years.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For body kits,...cava..something. Cavalerro?...can't remember. Thats one.

Specter werks seems to make the only one that "I" like...which is the same natural lines as the vette but, buldged or flared fenders.

Looks hot but,...get ready to spend some money man. As I wouldn't imagine a kit like that being less the 5K.....not to mention the custom wheels you would need to buy because of it.

Your better off buying the vette,...and modding the **** outta it.

"I" will however, at SOMEPOINT but the roadrace front end....to help glue the car to the road at HIGH speeds.....and maybe,..maybe maybe maybe....if it looks low, and clean....I may have to get a spoiler at some point as well but, not soo much for looks,..for downforce.

Again, not a spoiler person but, they are functional,...and again, it would have to be SUPER clean. Get that aluminum walmart idea outta your heads fella's....i'm thinking low, maybe a couple of inches off the decklid,...and ALL carbon.

Not for a long time though,...more important things to do first.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i found a 2001 black on black 6 spd targa for $21,000.It has a rip in the drivers seat and needs the rear drivers side tire pressure sensor but the guy said hes knock off a grand and i think i can get him to take off another.This is what i was looking for this is my dream vette and it doesnt feel much slower than the z06 maybee becuase it has blackwing intake and a chip.The zo6 didnt feel much tighter either in fact the z06 had a rattle and the targa coupes tight. As far as the mod bug goes i cant wait to build this car i want twin turbos and a cam right off the back maybee a lingenfelter set up.As far as spoilers go-the only spoiler i would ever consider for a c5 is a wraparound nascar style.Ive only seen one and if i get it i plan on molding it to the body so itll just look like an extension of the rear dechlid type of deal.Anything that stands off these cars looks aweful and out of place. Anyone have any pics of corvettes with exterior mods? Oh yea i wanted to say i dont mind the rip in the seat because i want to two tone the interior black and red leather with red leather racing seats.Any pictures much appreciated!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh come on guys i know theres plenty of them out there lets see some pics!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^You need to do a whole bunch more research as it seems that you are fairly new at this. **** man, I am only 21 and I have my C5. Make sure that you can afford your insurance. And if you can't tell the difference between the C5 and the Z06 then that's just weird. The Z06 in all practical matters is THE better car, even the 01's. Better brakes, suspension, lighter, better engine, etc etc.

Also saying that you are gonna get a "cam and twinturbos maybe lingenfelter set-up". You say that 36,000 is a lot to swallow, it's a LOT easier to finance 36,000 than to actually pay cash for those mods. A twin-turbo set-up is gonna cost you an easy 6g+ minimum to do it right. From the sounds of it you will need someone to install it for you as well, so add even more.

I suggest doing more research on everything and cars in general. Also, thank god, but most people have 0 exterior mods on there cars, especially body kits. This isn't SRTforums, or Clubrsx. Body mods are usually the LAST thing anyone does to Vette's unless it's FUNCTIONAL ie: for road racing.

Just my .02...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...t=widebody+kit
Old 02-10-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Thats the ONLY body kit ive seen that I like.. But I couldnt guess how much he spent on it.. $$$ money on mods
Old 02-10-2006, 07:25 AM
12 Second Club

Yea u NEED to do a couple of searches and learn more about corvette's before u buy one. If u are willing to pay $36,000 for a 2001 Z06 i have one forsale for u then it has 30,000 mile and i just put a 150 shot of NOS on it and i will only charge you $35,000.....

Never be in a hurry to buy a car, take ur time. You will always find the best deal on cars when u are not "looking" to buy one!

Good luck!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Default do this

here this is badddd
Attached Thumbnails Corvette body kit?-zo6_14.jpg  
Old 02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

This one is in production now I believe.

The tigershark is always a classic.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMHO, I think they look the best stock. The body kits are nice but they are on the verge of being a little ricey.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

I think the best kits out there would be the
Tigershark - http://www.tigersharkcorvette.com/
Carvaggio/Skunkwerks - http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/DEV/exteriors1.html
Specter Werkes - http://www.spectergtr.com/corvette/index.html

All great vendors and quality work!

Last edited by red98ls1; 02-10-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Come on guys--it isnt an NSX. Leave well enough alone unless you road race. Mod the car, enjoy the styling, but if you want to body mod a car, get something else. These are too pretty.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by theroad64
Come on guys--it isnt an NSX. Leave well enough alone unless you road race. Mod the car, enjoy the styling, but if you want to body mod a car, get something else. These are too pretty.
Like we're going to let your opinion influence what we want to do to our own cars. Personally I like the nose of the first one I posted, and I love the tiger shark vette. Who are you to tell me what I can or can't put on my car?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He is voicing an opinion...chill out.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
He is voicing an opinion...chill out.

Originally Posted by theroad64
if you want to body mod a car, get something else.
He's not voicing an opinion, he's trashing other peoples opinions. If he were voicing his opinion he would have said, "they aren't my thing", or "I don't really like the way they look." But to say "if you put one on your car you should be driving something else" is a bit arrogant. That's the part I had a problem with. I don't care if he likes them or not, I just don't want to be told if I choose to put one on my car then I shouldn't be driving a Vette.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Heres the ones from Germany....I personally like the speckter works chop top,just wish they could do it to a coupe.I want my ride to look like the last photochop

Old 02-12-2006, 10:03 AM
9 Second Club

I've never been a fan of body kit' on a vette... every penny I've spent on my car has been functional to make it faster... IMO the best looking vette's are just dropped an inch and have a nice set of wheels.... Aside from a bulgeing hood to hide a roots blower... I'd never modify the body of my car. Although some of the styles posed above aren't bad... I've just never seen a vette as a car you do that too....
Old 02-12-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by madradvette00
here this is badddd

who's kit is that?

Badass

Quick Reply: Corvette body kit?