Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

First Test Drive of a C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First Test Drive of a C6

Got to drive an 05 C6 Convertible 6 speed today. It's been on our lot for a little while now and just took it out to make sure everything was ok. I was impressed. I didn't really get all over it, but I ran through 1st to 3rd pretty good. Definitely seems to pull a little harder than my SS and alot more stable. I didn't care for all the electronic door latches and the starting process. They should just do like our Audi's and have a smart key where it can be in your pocket. Anyway, nice car, if anyone is interested, it's for sale. 2005 Silver C6 Convertible, 6 speed. send me an email at rscaggsjr@hotmail.com.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01SSRMS
Got to drive an 05 C6 Convertible 6 speed today. It's been on our lot for a little while now and just took it out to make sure everything was ok. I was impressed. I didn't really get all over it, but I ran through 1st to 3rd pretty good. Definitely seems to pull a little harder than my SS and alot more stable. I didn't care for all the electronic door latches and the starting process. They should just do like our Audi's and have a smart key where it can be in your pocket. Anyway, nice car, if anyone is interested, it's for sale. 2005 Silver C6 Convertible, 6 speed. send me an email at rscaggsjr@hotmail.com.
Huh? It has a smart key that "can just be in your pocket" Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?
Old 03-14-2006, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Well then maybe you can clear it up. I was told by the Sales Manager that you had to open the glove box and stick it in the slot there to start it, then you could take it out. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong on that and I hope so.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Probably a bluetooth system that enables the starting system when you are within range of the car. When you get in, just press the start button to fire it up? Something like that?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, no need to stick the thing in the glove box at all. That where you re-program them. Just walk up to the car and it unlocks. Sit down and push the dash button. Walk away 10' or so and it locks her up automatically.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

Ah, it is the same as the Audi's then. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

As long as the fob is within a foot or two of the start button the car will be allowed to start. No need to put it in the glove box. Its an awesome feature i think. and the electronic doors are for a reason. It has to do with weight reduction. If its electric like this it removes the need for the old school linkage. Everything is done for a reason on the C6. Very refined car.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by marcus769
As long as the fob is within a foot or two of the start button the car will be allowed to start. No need to put it in the glove box. Its an awesome feature i think. and the electronic doors are for a reason. It has to do with weight reduction. If its electric like this it removes the need for the old school linkage. Everything is done for a reason on the C6. Very refined car.
So true. I'm gonna hate to see the day when all of these little goodie start to go out. It's going to cost an and a leg.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zulater
So true. I'm gonna hate to see the day when all of these little goodie start to go out. It's going to cost an and a leg.
Right on!

Quick Reply: First Test Drive of a C6