Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LG Motorsports Long Tube Pro header install results

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Motorsports Long Tube Pro header install results

FINALLY got my LGM LT pro headers installed and back home. Getting them was quite the fiasco and took me 6 weeks from the time of placing the order to getting them on my front porch. Had the system (except the cats) Jet Hot coated, so that contributed to the delay, plus there were some snafus at LGM that I think they could have avoided with a little bit more attention to details.

Anyway, before taking my 2002 Z06 to get the headers installed (had the local Chevy place do it), I did a video strip with the stock exhaust system. Then after the install I did another one so I could do a head to head comparison of the different in tone from the exhaust. I kept the stock titanium mufflers, so the difference is in the headers, high flow catalytic converters, and X-pipe.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...hread.php?t=34

Offhand, the new system sounds deeper and much "balsier".

At the same time I had the spark plugs replaced with those E3 spark plugs, new MSD ignition wires, new front O2 sensors, and a new fuel filter.

I have only driven it from the dealership back home, about 20 miles, and the general feeling is that the engine pulls a lot harder. I haven't done any hard runs with it, but it seems that I am using only a fraction of the accelerator pedal that I used before the header install in normal driving.

Oh yeah, I am getting a "service engine soon" light, so I need to check to see what that is all about. Probably the rear O2 sensors, since Anthony at LGM told me that might happen. But I just haven't had a chance to check on it yet.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice man. Great comparison! Definitely sounds more "throaty" and stronger.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

i agree sounds good sounds meanier for sure i had slow responding 02s code when i got my headers installed im sure its nothing to hard to fix good luck
Old 04-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Well I took a look at the codes that were set, and here's what I got:

P0153 HC - HO2S Slow Response
P1637 H - Generator L - Terminal Circuit

Now I kind of expected the O2 sensor error, but what the heck is that "generator" one about?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
9 Second Club

I just put On LG headers without cats. I got the same p1053hc code as you. I manually turned it off and it has not come back on after 200 miles or so. I was told some oil or something on the inside of the headers hit he o2 sensor and caused it.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Well I'm not too concerned about the O2 sensor code, but the generator one does worry me. I got a couple of other indicators that my alternator/generator is going on the fritz. Got a CHARGE SYSTEM FAULT yesterday when I started it up. That and during a short trip on Sunday, the voltmeter mysteriously dropped down to slightly below 12 volts. So something is up. Might be a plug on the alternator being bummed from the header install, but a visual inspection doesn't show anything. Taking it to the shop tomorrow to have them take a look at it for me.