Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Long tubes came in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like with any header install, your write up just proves it's a perfect time to do plugs/wires.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Like with any header install, your write up just proves it's a perfect time to do plugs/wires.

Good idea.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 05-27-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

...The nitrous is NOT wired yet...nor is the rightside bottle in it's proper spot(I need to clock it nozzle outlet faceing down).

Anyways ya'll...i'm out. Heading to orlando right now...some kind of crazy STARS WARS event at MGM.

Triple digits, here I come.

Have a great weekend...peace out.

J
Old 05-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look's good! How much are you gonna be sprayin?
Old 05-27-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Man... Thats a nice looking FRC!

Yeah.. I love LG's... the quality and fitment is one of the best..
Old 05-30-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1rahamay
Look's good! How much are you gonna be sprayin?

Thanks. Gonna start off with a 150 wet shot. Once I decide on the botton end...i'll up it.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
Man... Thats a nice looking FRC!

Yeah.. I love LG's... the quality and fitment is one of the best..

Thanks man. It was a weird day for florida, there wasn't any sun out until about 12:30-1pm on saturday... So, there wasn't any sun out for these pics since we took them at about 11 pm or so.....but, oh well.

Thanks again.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Hey I just noticed.. I got 2 questions for you.

What PCV setup are you running with your FAST. I'm running the stock LS1 setup from the valve covers with a catch can and it seems to work. No oil in the intake, but the can picks up some. Are you running the LS6 from the intake valley? Also, the breather line that went to the stock TB? I ran mine to the air bridge and works ok. I can't tell from the pics.

Also, are those the stock fuel rails that have been polished? They look really good.

Thanks
Steve
Old 05-30-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey I just noticed.. I got 2 questions for you.

What PCV setup are you running with your FAST. I'm running the stock LS1 setup from the valve covers with a catch can and it seems to work. No oil in the intake, but the can picks up some. Are you running the LS6 from the intake valley? Also, the breather line that went to the stock TB? I ran mine to the air bridge and works ok. I can't tell from the pics.

Also, are those the stock fuel rails that have been polished? They look really good.

Thanks
Steve

Good eye Steve. I do use the LS6 intake valley cover. It is/was a recommended setup so, it seems to work. So, from my intake valley cover, direct to the FAST setup, right behind the TB. I think this pic, kinda shows it....
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i8...h/100_2692.jpg
All of my valve covers are capped off.

My fuel rails, are stock. I did, polish them one day, since they were sitting for a while. It was really easy...(i've polished soo many things at work, i'm trying to remember EXACTLY what I used)...

...I think I just used a soft buffing wheel...with the right compound on a high speed drill. Yeah, 99.99% sure thats how I did it. When I was finished, it was like a mirror....really. When I clean them, they come out nice.

I highly recommend anyone doing this...it's very basic,...you could be done in an hour....or two. The hardest part, if you wanna call it hard, was getting by all the corners of the bosses for the injectors, where the injector bosses meat the actual rails.

Thanks man...i'm glad you liked it. Not alot of people seem to notice it. The ones that do, ask if its aftermarket.

peace out steve.

J
Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Cool man I appreciate it.. Thanks for the info. I think I'll try the polishing idea when I get some time.

later
Steve
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool man I appreciate it.. Thanks for the info. I think I'll try the polishing idea when I get some time.

later
Steve

Cool deal.

Let me know if you need a set of rails...I probably have set(s) laying around.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jaime, car's rockin! You're definitely on a roll man! Guess you got the rims off the trashed vette? And also digg'n the license plate...5.0 Killer...Farraris for lunch...Very groovy baby The pimpmeister
Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DocT
Jaime, car's rockin! You're definitely on a roll man! Guess you got the rims off the trashed vette? And also digg'n the license plate...5.0 Killer...Farraris for lunch...Very groovy baby The pimpmeister

lmao. I needed a laugh man. Here I am at work, trying to wire my system so I can make it to the track tomorrow...getting frustrated as hell trying to figure out how I wanna mount the WOT switch. Which, I just figured out, after about an hour of bending the bracket exactly how I wanted it(or the only way it would work). Tired as hell from partying this weekend... I just wanna go home.

But if I don't get it done, if my calcuations are correct, i'd get called a vagina about 150 times tomorrow from various employees/friends, and family members.

Oh...the plate. Lol. I'm bound to go to jail for it for sure. lol. I tried a porsche about as hard as I could yesterday on the highway....he just wouldn't bite. It looked like he was going to....but I cracked it one time...then he drasticaly slowed down.

It's funny...my whole town is covered in exotics.....so, you can imagine the fun, I'm looking forward to having.

Thanks bro...hollar.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

On the WOT switch. I've done 3. Mine and 2 friends c5's. We mounted the microswitch under the upper pedal near the top where it mounts and the spring part is. We fabbed up an "L" bracket that mounted off one of the bolts that the pedal mounts to the body. The metal tab of the switch is hit when it goes to WOT. Kinda hard to explain but it works well.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

On the WOT switch. I've done 3. Mine and 2 friends c5's. We mounted the microswitch under the upper pedal near the top where it mounts and the spring part is. We fabbed up an "L" bracket that mounted off one of the bolts that the pedal mounts to the body. The metal tab of the switch is hit when it goes to WOT. Kinda hard to explain but it works well.

I know exactly where your talking bout. Theres a 13mm nut and bolt,..I just loosened up those, altered my TnT bracket,...bent...altered..and slid it in. Came out good,... bad news is, I just found my WOT switch from my old car. Could have saved an hour of tweaking. Bastard *****.

Thanks for the tip man.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

so you switched over to the LS2-FAST 90/90?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Useing the FAST 90 and factory GM 05 90mm tb that Chris ported here at work. Came out nice. I did, have to buy a harness, which is what took soo long to actually put it on the car.

I like it.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well everyone....the nitrous works.

hehehehheeheeee

Quick Reply: Long tubes came in.