Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Best part of Corvette ownership?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best part of Corvette ownership?

Just for kicks, tell your favorite thing about being a vette owner. I enjoy having the best bang for the buck sports car in America, the c5 corvette. And looking at it. I also enjoy the response from people when you tell them you have a vette, they always want to ask about how fast I have had it up to, how much did I pay for it, have I raced somebody......It's a little bit of celebrity and notoriety that follow the Corvette.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
Just for kicks, tell your favorite thing about being a vette owner. I enjoy having the best bang for the buck sports car in America, the c5 corvette. And looking at it. I also enjoy the response from people when you tell them you have a vette, they always want to ask about how fast I have had it up to, how much did I pay for it, have I raced somebody......It's a little bit of celebrity and notoriety that follow the Corvette.
I agree, just telling people im looking at getting a corvette is making them drool....women want rides in a car i dont even own lol...but as for the real vette owners, please post this is a great question
Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96-speed
"Yes, my ******* is huge too"

Haha, well I guess some guys need it for a personality extension but Im already a sex-machine (married too) so I don't really think of it like that. I enjoy having a bad-*** car tho and am interested in hearing some more, so keep em coming.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:34 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just love the looks on people's faces when I go flying past them at WOT.

Maybe they think the world is coming to an end.
I had the hot chick before I got my ZO6 and I get laid even more since I got a C5 for her.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, bro nice cars!!! My wife has an 02 Mustang Gt. She loves her Stang and doesn't care about all the obvious reasons to upgrade. With a blower tho, we could make her car a contender. Damn, again I love that pic. I bet your wife drives her *** off, lol.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like cruising. I don't care who looks at me, or what they think. When I am on that back road on a sunny day, ripping up the streets with the targa top off....it's honestly one of the most relaxing/surreal moments ever. And then I think, I am only 22, what a wonderful life.

I am like most of you already had the woman (fiancee) in the bag before I bought the Vette, so everything now is just icing on the cake.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Small block, high rpm capability, high speed stability, and capability.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best part of owning a Corvette for me is......

Finally owning a Corvette.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Best part of owning a Corvette for me is......

Finally owning a Corvette.

I'll drink to that. For me, it's a lifelong dream.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Bang for the buck power.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

The best part is showing other Corvette owners how these cars are meant to be driven, not just waxed

Tony
Old 05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The best part is showing other Corvette owners how these cars are meant to be driven, not just waxed

Tony
I would bet 80% would be sick about you cracking your rear end. I do know many who simply like to leave them in the garage and wipe them with a diaper 10 months out of the year. They would also be sick about me scraping up the factory paint a week after I bought the new C6. I think it boils down to how much money you can throw away and not lose sleep over. I paid cash to have the paint fixed on the C6. 10 years ago, that same cash would've been the rent money and I would've been hurting (or wouldn't have fixed it right away). Being able to walk into a dealer and drive out in a brand new Corvette with no money down and a great interest rate is something that took me 20 years of hard work to be able to achieve. This one car cost more than my Trans Am and pickup combined back in 1999 (when I had a 1998 Chevy C1500 2WD). What does owning a Vette mean to me? Mission accomplished, even though it was a compromise (I was really after a C6 Z06, but that wasn't going to happen with the new house payment and the crazy inflated prices). Now on to the next goal - a swimming pool.

Incidentally, anyone know a place in Houston where I can get used cloth diapers?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:48 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Tony

Come on Tony you don't have 200+ coats of Zaino on that thing yet?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree!

I love the looks on people's faces when I tell them I drive mine everyday, in rush hour, and in winter (including snowy days) and that I also take it down the quarter mile quite often too. A lot of Corvette owners keep these things in the garage and will only bring them out when the atmospheric conditions are 100% perfect.

For me I just have always loved Corvettes, so owning one has just been amazing. One of my favorite things for sure, is when you're driving it and you see another Corvette and you wave to each other. I've always found that to be very cool.

I will always own a Corvette from this point on, I'm already thinking ahead to my next one, which will be a C6. I'm hoping to get one in about 5 or 6 years.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I like the performance and handling of the car, but other than that I did not go through a transformation. My Formula is more impressive to me for obvious reasons.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Teching In

I truely love the way the car looks just washed waxed, targa top off, on a warm Florida evening, just when the sun is going down. Having my fiancee (who drives a S 2000) next to me in the car. thats the best part of owning a vette.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vette LS-1
I truely love the way the car looks just washed waxed, targa top off, on a warm Florida evening, just when the sun is going down. Having my fiancee (who drives a S 2000) next to me in the car. thats the best part of owning a vette.
By the way, you spelled Corvette wrong in your sig.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
mine is putting out more than 700 rwhp and you can drive like a stock vette
Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

The best part is the huge erection that never goes away.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I enjoy the fun factor ... every time i get in it.

Quick Reply: Best part of Corvette ownership?