Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Best Bolt ons for 2006 C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Bolt ons for 2006 C6

Give me you opions guys... I have been searching trying to find the best bang for the buck...

Catback?
Tune?
Airbox?

Any tips or info would be great!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

get a good cold air, obviously a tune and cat back, I would consider a cam too if you are mechanically inclined its only 400
Old 07-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ICULOKN
Give me you opions guys... I have been searching trying to find the best bang for the buck...

Catback?
Tune?
Airbox?

Any tips or info would be great!
Best bang for the buck is the tune (you can lose some of the torque management, and it will drive like a different car - unless you have an A6, then it's a little less likely to improve dramatically), then LT headers, CAI, catback...with respect to performance anyway. I always go catback first thing, but that's a sound thing, not a performance thing.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, it is a A6 car so the big gains in tranny wont be there. We can get the TQ management down. I dont want to build this car up terribly, just hoping to maybe hit high 11's one day. We have plenty of race cars.

Is this HPTuner the way to go? Or is there something better?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

I would recommend HPTuners. We have had excellent luck with their tuning. Also they come out with updates on a regular basis. The best bang for intakes would be the Donaldson Blackwing. The best bang for exhaust is Borla Stingers or GHL Exhasut.

Chad
Old 07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm..

I highly recommend stepping over the bs,...and buying yourself a set of long tube headers, which ever brand you prefer, I like LG's, get yourself a FAST 90mm intake, keep your stock TB, port it, if you can. Your stock exhaust is good, however, a set of free flowing ones will go well with the long tubes. I also like B&B, as I think they sound amazing on my car, and damn near better on my friends C6 with B&B bullets. Get yourself a tune...and you should be at right around 400rwhp, and with an airbox for a C6, like a vararam, or the factory looking lingenfelter, you'll be at somewhere around 400 to 407ish rwhp.

....if you want to make a point,...get yourself a good set of heads, for example, AFR's....and a well thought out camshaft....you'll be at over 470 rwhp.

Those are all modest boltons. If your really on a budget,...long tubes and a tune. If you have extra, the FAST, after that, an airbox,...then catback.

Ofcourse,....there's always the tie breaker....nitrous.

J
Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ICULOKN
Thanks guys, it is a A6 car so the big gains in tranny wont be there. We can get the TQ management down. I dont want to build this car up terribly, just hoping to maybe hit high 11's one day. We have plenty of race cars.

Is this HPTuner the way to go? Or is there something better?
No prob. HP Tuner is more flexible than LS2 Edit. Guy over on Corvette Forum hit 12.4 bone stock with an A6, so it won't take too much (depending on track/weather conditions, and his weren't ideal, like 90 deg 2000da) to get you to 11.9.

Quick Reply: Best Bolt ons for 2006 C6