Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Loud - Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud - Video

I bought an SLP Loudmouth exhaust from and older gentlemen who had them on his car when he purchased it. Nevertheless he said he couldn’t stand how loud they were.
Long story short I gave him $80.00 for them and I was surprised how new they looked.
I didn’t rip him off because I told him how much they were worth and he didn’t care. He just wanted to get rid of them or he was going to throw them out. “I wish he had a supercharger too”.

I took off my corsa exhaust and exchanged them for the SLP’s. I also took a comparison video before and after. I’ve seen many of these exhaust videos and thought, that’s not loud but, I can assure you……. what you hear on the videos is nothing and can’t compare to what it really sounds like live. I watched my vids and it sounded like all the rest of the vids “not loud”. But in real life IT’S WAY LOUD! I love loud but man. It reminded me of my old 68 Camaro which was built from top to bottom.

I would have to say that the SLP exhaust is around 3 – 5 times louder then my corsa exhaust. I forgot to add….. I mounted it to my stock H pipe M6 FRC.

From 1st to 4th gear at 2600 rpms shifts you can hear the echo inside the car. Once you hit 5th gear it’s goes away, however, if you shift from 1st though 4th at 2000 rpm there’s no echo inside the car. You can play around with it so there’s no echo.
The SLP exhaust spits out some pops when you let off the gas in any gear at any RPM over 1000. They also pop every time you shift between 2600 – 3200 RMP’s
But man, when you get on it it sounds like you skipped four play and went for the goal.

No joke. When I was taking the video inside my garage with a quick stomp on the gas I took it up to 4800 RPM’s and backed off immediately. My neighbor from 8 houses down came over to see if I fired up my 1970 911S wide body. The houses in our neighbor are small so it’s a good ways away and he said he was inside the house when he heard it. “I don’t known if he was or not but 8 houses down d-ham I didn’t think it would be that loud”.

I’m still debating if I’m going to keep the SLP’s on or not. They do sound bad arss and I do like waking my neighbors up with my rice burner (I’m half Japanese so I can say that). Maybe I can do the same with my car now. Heee heee.

Moral of the story is…… if you get a Loudmouth exhausts prepare yourself for the rumble because I found out they don’t call it LOUDMOUTH for nothing.

Here’s the vid. I hope it works and enjoy.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/ae78e...37fe6ee3da.htm
Old 07-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet! I'm glad you like it man! Now it's time to post some WOT runs
Old 07-16-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was thinkin of getting that catback for my Z06. i want something loud just untill i get a set of headers. had it in my old ls1 camaro. i liked it, but when u put some headers on its more raspy than an exhaust note.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Teching In

I got to really drive my vette yesterday. I drove with 22 other vettes on a cruse. They all loved the sound. On my way there I just had a big grin on my face and was thinking to myself….. I’m keeping them on the car.

Do any of you out there have the SLP Loudmouth? Do you love it or hate it?

I LOVE IT !!!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

You might also like the B&B bullets.
Its almost as loud but more refined and much deeper
Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Now add a set of LT's and ORX to the Loudmouth. That will give a new meaning to loud.

Chris
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

now i want to get that catback. like i said i had it for the camaro and it was pretty raspy, but i had no cats. I hear them on vettes all the time and it does sound wicked!! can anyone tell me or get a sound clip with headers (perfer LG) with cats and loudmouth?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

I have a vid of LT's and no cats if you are intrested. PM me your e-mail and I will send it that way.

Chris