Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

what other sites

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want accurate, technical data and for that my vote goes to LS1TECH. All you need to know is on this forum somewhere. And they have a great supporting vendor backing.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joegrunt
I joined up here first so this will always be the best for me. I went to CF and only found a few posts that caught my eye. I think the best one was some guys from SoCal are doing a run to the local Veterans home on Veterans day.
But for the best help and answers to all my dumb *** questions, this forum works the best for me.
Just thought I would update my belief that this is the best site. I was just at CF and found a thread that disturbed me. It was full of politics and religon, things that push people apart. What is needed is a board like we have here, one that brings us together to talk about cars. Thanks for listening....like always!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

thanks for all the help guys.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
I do agree that CF is the biggest, but theres alot of douchebags and tools over there. There are some that know, but too many "know it alls" who really dont know ****. lots of

Plus the worst part about CF, is you can't call BS on anyone there or speak your mind about something. The BIG **** happy moderators will delete or edit your thread when a douchebag complains. They like to do that... especially the "famous people over there"
Thats for sure, especially that douchebag moderator grumpy
Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

I think the Corvette Action Center is the best http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
One thing about corvetteforum that is starting to REALLY **** me off. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!!!! post about going even ONE ******* MILE PER HOUR over the speed limit, cause they'll lock your thread!

Thats damn crazy!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Av8ter
Thats for sure, especially that douchebag moderator grumpy
You got that right!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
There are several guys with heavily modded C5/C6 Vettes there, but hardly any of them did the work themselves. That makes the technical discussion a little light.

That irritates me more then anything on cf. I can think of one in particular that probably cant even change his own oil but hes an "internet expert" on just about everything.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
That irritates me more then anything on cf. I can think of one in particular that probably cant even change his own oil but hes an "internet expert" on just about everything.
Oh yeahhhhh,,,,,,ALOT of that over there.

Originally Posted by Dave00C5
One thing about corvetteforum that is starting to REALLY **** me off. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!!!! post about going even ONE ******* MILE PER HOUR over the speed limit, cause they'll lock your thread!

Many good people over there that have done their own work have left because they are tired of the rediculous "utopia" dreamworld dictatorship. Welcome to reality where most people actually go more than 1 mph over the limit, do a little hit of the throttle from time to time on the street, etc etc,,,
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Personally I like the Corvette Forum. Its a cool place to just kinda "Surf"
But is itj ust me, when I say they are getting a little ridiculous in Moderating the threads?? Over the last year its gotten REALLY BAD.
I mean, Your literally treated like a bunch of 10 year olds. Its almost like a bunch of 75 year old men who do nothing but polish their car, got together and decided to lock down the forum.
I have been loosing more and more intrest over there just due to the fact that you cant speak your mind.

DigitalCorvettes.com is about as boring as they come..
Same with Z06vette.com
Old 10-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Teching In

another forum I came across was LS7POWER.com its much smaller than CF but they seem to be a lot cooler than the old timers on CF.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DR.Evil
another forum I came across was LS7POWER.com its much smaller than CF but they seem to be a lot cooler than the old timers on CF.
that domain was available to buy not but 2 months ago, i almost bought it lol
Old 02-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Teching In

The vast majority of LS1Tech folks spin their own wrenches, and learn what's good and bad and share it. Crossedflags is quite good and run by a famous Corvette Forum personality. Digitalcorvettes is boring. Z06vette is slow. I agree with all of those comments.

Corvetteforum? Interesting place if you are interested in actually meeting people face to face and not just being an internet keyboard commando.

If you are looking for technical information or any hardcore information, CF is probably not the place to go find it. Most people there cut checks and become instant experts. There are also an awful lot of opinionated idiots there that want nothing better than to bash anyone doing anything different. And a massive amount of ignorance.

Is CF heavily moderated? Yup - and for good reason. The CF is a commercial entity, and if you want to drive revenue, you have to appeal to the broadest spectrum of people - and - to corporations. The CF rules that everyone complains about here make perfect sense if you look at the CF as a business - no cursing, no bashing, no street racing, no personal attacks etc. The last thing that the CF wants is to be blocked by corporations web filters (as LS1Tech is in some places because of language, BTW) or perceived as condoning any illegal activity (street racing etc.). Just because you are not allowed to discuss street racing there does not mean that it does not go on.

All forums have pros and cons. LS1Tech is great for hardcore technical information. CF is great from a social aspect outside of the world of the internet.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a guy over on CF who was run out of Connecticut and now lives in Florida. He's got his vette in a million pieces and keeps posting about how he's putting it back together. Everyone there knows it will never run again. Every time he get's close he adds more stuff.

If he ever does get it back together it should be a beast.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WKMCD
There's a guy over on CF who was run out of Connecticut and now lives in Florida. He's got his vette in a million pieces and keeps posting about how he's putting it back together. Everyone there knows it will never run again. Every time he get's close he adds more stuff.

If he ever does get it back together it should be a beast.
I wonder who that is???

Old 02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
The last thing that the CF wants is to be blocked by corporations web filters (as LS1Tech is in some places because of language, BTW)
In the five years this site has been operational, we have never had a single person report it being blocked due to language. Just about every major automotive industry person and manufacturer involved with the LSX engine hangs out on this site, and we have never heard that before. You state it as fact, but that remains to be seen.

I've seen more profanity on oil/gas industry internal emails than what is seen on this site, those do not get blocked either.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
I wonder who that is???

Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Very good discussion , use LS1 tech to get information mostly read here , appreciate what i have learned, turn my own wrenches, am now building my backup engine for the track vette. ( yes have blown up a couple so want to have one available for a quick swap)

on CF only hang out in the autoX and roadracing forum, have met many of the posters there at various tracks in the southeast , overall a very active bunch and lots of them do their own work, David farmer has posted one of the most complete sections of information on tracking your vette that i've come across http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/

am very active with http://peachstateposse.com/ a geogia local group , we have everything from the gearheads to the waxers.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon

I agree 200%.

Fucked up website.

In the end, there is no place like LS1tech. I rep this site hard to as many people as possible however, I do post on corvette forum and Z06vette.com(under different names).

This is the best place for random corvette conversations. YOU CAN find good information on corvette forum and z06vette but, like big ron and others said, you gotta make sure you know who your talking too....but like they also said, that goes for ANY internet website.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DR.Evil

I'm a mEmber there too. John runs that site.....cool dude.