Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

c5 loudmouth and intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c5 loudmouth and intake

i have a corsa touring on my c5 right now. its not loud enough for me. i heard the slp loudmouth and like it but how is it performance wise? also intake hows the breathless performance ram box?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Teching In

The SLP loud mouth is very loud if thats what your looking for that would be the one for you. As far as intakes go check out the Raptor XXL. All the ram air units add some horsepower but to think that by driving down the road that it will produce any more power with its "ram air" effect can start a war on the forum. Fact is if you cant see it on a dyno its hard to prove. I have never had another intake produce more power on a dyno than the Raptor. Also it shows in the mph on the track. Hope this helps......Tune is the other important thing.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Teching In

thanks....il take a look at the raptor....but do you know how the loudmouth is performance wise? what would you recomend...ive heard people tell me stingers are good and the b&b
Old 10-26-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I run the raptor XXL on my 03 Z06. I highly recommend it. This thing is HUGE. you can hear all the air getting sucked into it. lol I love it. As far as the exhaust, the loudmouth is very LOUD and sometimes can get raspy with a set of LT's. It does give out a nice performance gain just like the borla's or B&B. The best bet is try goin with the Bullets from B&B. Thats what my setup is gonna be along with some LG' headers. no rasp, just nice loud exhaust. Sounds great either way, with or without headers. Good luck with what ever you do. I would just say stay away from the SLP loudmouth, my self and lots of people say it just kills the name of the corvette by putting that thing on there.... and I agree. These cars are a fine spectacular sports car. people just throw the loudmouth on just do it can be really loud...
Old 10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help. Is the raptor xxl only available at the z06 shop? Do you have the air brige they sell it with also or a different one?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Teching In

I know Turbozone has some in stock thats where I got mine call Doug or John @ 315 345 2100 or 315 395 6525. I think the SLP Loud Mouth ws good for around 15-20rwhp on the last LS1 I saw tested. I have a carbon fiber Raptor airbridge it was only good fow a few ponies. I dont know if I would have spent the cash to just pick up 2 or 3 hp but it looks cool.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Raptor XXL's we got'em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!