Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

not satisfied with z06 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 06:17 AM
Teching In

Default not satisfied with z06 2007

Iam posting this and still i have no idea why this happened it seems to me its manufactory fault

I bought a z06 2007 with the new 7.0 liter engine , the car was fine till 500 miles , one day i was traviling at crusing speed since the car is still in break-in processes to my chalet which is 70 miles away from my town , suddenly the car started to cut off and i was like "oh it seems there is problem with fuel pump" , i parked the car next to a resturant had dinner when i came back i wanted to start the car the car never starts . dealer came and picked up the car . after they did a full check on engine , i was shocked they sent me a report that says i have the 8 pistons dead and the report says i was using NOS which i was not ! their claim is considered cos they found carbon or something like that in the engine

any how i spoked to my lawyer and when the dealer saw that am serious on f*cking them , they offered for me to fix the engine for free which i didnt accept it . then they asked me if i would accept brand new engine which i didnt too . i wanted new car . any how last week i recieved a new car ! but its for sale now since am not interested any more .

any one faced something similar with the new z06 ?
Old 02-25-2007 | 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Seems there are an unusual amount of catastrophic LS7 Z06 failures..you can read about them over at the Corvettforum. Oil pumps and valvetrains seem to be most prominent...and like yours GM not standing behind their product. This doesnt take into account all the other crap..roof delamination, axle failure..

If GM would just take responsibility for their product people could accept these "growing pains"...but not to warrant engine failure..on a ADVERTISED factory race car is why GM sucks and needs to get their act together. Ford did everything to satisfy GT owners when they made stupid mistakes.

Sorry to hear about your car. I dont blame you one bit for unloading it and/or going after them legally. Keep in mind though...no better bang for the buck out there.
Old 02-25-2007 | 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll give you 2 grand for it.
Old 02-25-2007 | 10:27 AM
Banned

In the end did they tell you what caused the initial problem?
Old 02-25-2007 | 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

$2,001???
Old 02-25-2007 | 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

From: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL

I disagree that they made a spectulation that you did something and had no proof that you did (You using NOS and you did not).

However, it does seem that they did offer a fix, a new engine and finally you got the new car, so honestly, they did (with some threatening) give in to your desires.

Now, I have seen that these new ZO6 had issues with the items listed above as well as the roof coming off (pealing back) and GM has fixed that problem. These are reasons I never buy first flight cars and will wait a couple of years until things are worked out.

Sorry this occurred and good luck with selling.

BTW, I am not defending GM, just pointing things out. I will say this, I have been lucky with dealing with dealerships (GM that is). I had a HUGE blowout with a FORD dealership back in 2002 over a damn $7 key. It was so damn ridiculous.

Micah

Micah
Old 02-25-2007 | 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dealers have told quite a few owners they are not warranting the failures because of abuse...right off the bat..but then the owners press the issue..and then they start trying to fix...the black box data would tell them right off the bat...which they shouldnt even consider because they are selling a race car...but they are making owners upset.

How would a dumbass GM service rep even now what nitrous use looks like? Thats not something you make up. I believe it does happen all the time.
Old 02-25-2007 | 01:21 PM
On The Tree

I would have been satisfied with a new motor.....but I guess there are some people that you can never make happy. I bet your the kind of Z06 owner who will never even see WOT in that car. I agree you should sell it to someone who will appreciate the car instead.
Old 02-25-2007 | 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tripintaz
I would have been satisfied with a new motor.....but I guess there are some people that you can never make happy. I bet your the kind of Z06 owner who will never even see WOT in that car. I agree you should sell it to someone who will appreciate the car instead.
Ok hot shot. After you do settle with the dealer for a new engine, in a nice new car..and the technician installing it does a half assed job and f*cks up half of the car in the process and you would like to take them to court and can't afford to, then come here and post again. I've been the little fly on the end of a GM dealer's swatter. I love my car, but after that absolutely none of my vehicles have been near a dealership for service. He made the right choice in getting a completely different car.
Old 02-25-2007 | 02:30 PM
Banned

And Tripintaz why would you insult someone you don't even know?
Old 02-25-2007 | 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA

And Tripintaz why would you insult someone you don't even know?

pretty shitty. the dude just spent $70k on a car only to have a complete failure 500 miles later. tell me you wouldn't be pissed.

i think i'd hang on to the new one for a while before selling it. i'm sure the experience put a really bad taste in your mouth, but at least give the new car a chance to change your mind.
Old 02-25-2007 | 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

From: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
Dealers have told quite a few owners they are not warranting the failures because of abuse...right off the bat..but then the owners press the issue..and then they start trying to fix...the black box data would tell them right off the bat...which they shouldnt even consider because they are selling a race car...but they are making owners upset.

How would a dumbass GM service rep even now what nitrous use looks like? Thats not something you make up. I believe it does happen all the time.
I see your point and agree on this, but people buy sportscars to drive them, at least I do and I really am not bashing you when I right the following.

I love WOT and do it almost everytime I drive mine, so I would ticked if some ***** came out and said, hey because of your abusive style of driving, I am not going to be able to honor the warranty. I can see if some added some FI to the car, but to say because you added some LTs or a CAI is going to harm the motor is BS. Plus the original poster was accused of running some for of N2O and that was a lie and it seems that it happens alot, not just in the auto business but all over, the customer is never right anymore, no matter what, so we, as customers, are forced into extreme measures and that is "poop!"

Sorry guys, something struck a nerve. I still would have been satisfied with a new car though.
Old 02-25-2007 | 06:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tripintaz

Dear tripintaz,

thanks for your comments and all my respect for your opinion ,
if i dont appriciate the car i wouldnt look at it or buy it .

but just to inform you sir i learned driving when i was 16 years old by a 3.6 twin turbo porsche so now you can guess what WOT means to me . since you dont know me i dont think you have the right to guess something unless
you are sure . but after all , i respect you

The gm dealer thought he has a proof about me using NOS they mentioned that they found carbon on the pistons and i really have no idea what he was talking about

one thing that really made me feel bad , they offered me in the begining to fix the motor actually they forced me to agree , but after i got my new car by forcing them cos i have all the right i was shocked they took my older corvette and they got a new engine to it they even didnt fix it cos they know its not worth fixing ! but for customer yes its worth to fix it for him .

really guys i post this cos i loved the corvette but the dealer made me hate to keep it

Last edited by fairline; 02-25-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Maybe you should keep the new one and give it one more try, especially because you still like the car. Next time, go to another dealer. The one you went to is obviously rediculous. Ask around and see who has a good reputation in your area. A good dealership should not give you that kind of crap. I know it is all their fault, but it is the dealers fault and not GM's fault. I think the car is badass and you shouldn't let one really bad experience ruin it for you. Your new one may not have to go in for warranty service at all. Just my .02.
Old 02-25-2007 | 06:56 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

man that sux. sorry to hear. nice lambo you have there though
Old 02-26-2007 | 11:55 AM
Teching In

thanks pdd , its nice but the cost is not nice lol , i replaced my pcm for 6000 usd and it was made by FORD ! lol
Old 02-26-2007 | 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Before it broke, did you enjoy the car.
Old 02-26-2007 | 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

i would say before you sell it... and to keep you from ay legal action.. take it again to 500 miles before you sell it.. you dont want to sell it and have some guy come back after 500 miles and say you screwed him, then have him sue you...
Old 02-26-2007 | 03:05 PM
Teching In

that sux to hear man. i have a 07z06 and my bro has a 06 z06 and nothing has happened with ours knock on wood. awesome new ride though. congrats on the lambo
Old 02-26-2007 | 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarbonBlackM3
that sux to hear man. i have a 07z06 and my bro has a 06 z06 and nothing has happened with ours knock on wood. awesome new ride though. congrats on the lambo
WOW Thats livin!!! you are very fortunate!

Quick Reply: not satisfied with z06 2007