Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New C7 Z06 w/700HP N/A!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
I just read that magazine last night. It says the regular vette is going to stay naturally aspirated and the new zo6( blue devil) will be around a 6.2 with a blower similar to what the supercharged cadillacs run making 700. I know those cadillacs make 469hp with a 4.6 northstar and that blower so i dont think that 700 from a blown 6.2 would be too much of a stretch. The regular vette is going to stay na, not the 2010 zo6. They also said they were playing around with weight in different places to try and put all of the power to the ground.

The Z06 will continue to be produced in N/A...the blue devil, SS, Sting Ray or whet ever they call it car is not the replacemnt for the Z06...they will continue to build 7000 Z06 Corvettes a year..the super vette is going to be $100K + car and with markup at the dealer level you may see them being sold for twice that..

Last edited by slt200mph; 05-01-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC5
How is it possible for GM to crank out CLOSE to 700 hp with out going boosted... A friend of mine and I were talking and wondered on an all motor car how would you pass emissions... What engine size is it going to be to put down close to 650+ hp to say, and stay under the epa limits Im sure with a nasty cam and head work it can be done and then your gonna let the car leave the dealership with a lopey *** cam???

No one On this site more than me would like to see GM do it without boost and shove it right up fords *** but please explain to me HOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THOSE NUMBERS ALL MOTOR.....

If someone would like to take the time and explain it to me WITHOUT trying to bash me Id appreciate it...

Nick
Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pakisho
Blah.

The vette has all the electronic nannies and all that will happen is that people will turn off traction control and THEN kill themselves when the car goes sideways at 80mph. Basically the same crap that people have been doing in vipers for years. And you dont see anyone bitching about the viper.

some funny *** **** here!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by germeezy1
What the hell am I going to have to do to keep up? 486 ci LSX with a 150 shot to spool twin turbos????
6xx@ the wheels and 31xx lbs???

I guess it's time for me to go bigger fuel system and a couple of 67mm Turbos. I'm gonna have to run c-16 and 24lbs just to keep up.

Way to go GM, if they pull it off, and its emissions legal, this thing will be probably one of the fastest production cars in the world.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GhostC5
How is it possible for GM to crank out CLOSE to 700 hp with out going boosted... A friend of mine and I were talking and wondered on an all motor car how would you pass emissions... What engine size is it going to be to put down close to 650+ hp to say, and stay under the epa limits Im sure with a nasty cam and head work it can be done and then your gonna let the car leave the dealership with a lopey *** cam???

No one On this site more than me would like to see GM do it without boost and shove it right up fords *** but please explain to me HOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THOSE NUMBERS ALL MOTOR.....

If someone would like to take the time and explain it to me WITHOUT trying to bash me Id appreciate it...

Nick
My LS7 self-design produces 707+ HP now, normally aspirated, not F/I, which I road race at VIR, if anyone has seen me there. Yes, it would take a lot of time to explain the engine build. Basically, micromanage every single component, and assembly tolerance, to defy those who said it can't be done. Also redlines at 8,300. Suspension, brakes, etc to match. So there is plenty of room left for the C7 Z06 @600 HP without getting very elaborate.

Here's another article about the C7, not sure of the date:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...corvette.shtml

Another application of the LS7 600 HP motor in production - Hulme F1. Nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNO4_FAJaBg

Last edited by kelp; 05-05-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

old thread if you havent noticed
Old 05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kelp
My LS7 self-design produces 707+ HP now, normally aspirated, not F/I, which I road race at VIR, if anyone has seen me there. Yes, it would take a lot of time to explain the engine build. Basically, micromanage every single component, and assembly tolerance, to defy those who said it can't be done. Also redlines at 8,300. Suspension, brakes, etc to match. So there is plenty of room left for the C7 Z06 @600 HP without getting very elaborate.

Here's another article about the C7, not sure of the date:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...corvette.shtml

Another application of the LS7 600 HP motor in production - Hulme F1. Nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNO4_FAJaBg
707fwhp or rwhp?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Either way,..possible... however,...from 07- to 11..a lot has changed.

I don't doubt the ability of the car but,..I sure would like to see some in car videos of that thing skipping around a race track @ 8300 rpms though...no cause I don't believe,...just cause I wanna appreciate the sound.

Would rather see a vid of that then some concept car...

Quick Reply: New C7 Z06 w/700HP N/A!