Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette ECM not have VATS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette ECM not have VATS?

I just picked up a 2000 corvette ECM for my swap. I was talking to a friend (a ASE ceritfied GM mechanic) about getting the VATS removed and he told me he didnt think I'd have to with that ECM. He said that the VATS was controlled by the BCM (body control module) in the vettes, not the ECM.

Can anyone confirm this?

Anyone using a corvette ECM have to fool with the VATS?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your buddy is only partially correct, that being the BCM plays a part in the theft system.

The corvette uses the BCM to talk to the keys, and then it sends a serial message to the PCM to allow the vehicle to start if the message is received. You need to turn off VATS if you are not using the corvette bcm as well.

The 1999-2002 Corvette uses the same hardware as the 99-02 f-cars, and VATS can be turned off with any of the tuning software out there. (HPT, EFI Live, SCT, CATS, Edit...)

Ryan
Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slow
your buddy is only partially correct, that being the BCM plays a part in the theft system.

The corvette uses the BCM to talk to the keys, and then it sends a serial message to the PCM to allow the vehicle to start if the message is received. You need to turn off VATS if you are not using the corvette bcm as well.

The 1999-2002 Corvette uses the same hardware as the 99-02 f-cars, and VATS can be turned off with any of the tuning software out there. (HPT, EFI Live, SCT, CATS, Edit...)

Ryan
thats wierd...cause last year when the Vats system went bad on my 00-fbody we tried going in and disabling it with Edit but couldnt get it to work. dealer charged me up to repair it to the tune of allmost $450.00
Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow

Ryan
Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Corvette ECM not have VATS?