Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Someone introduced a Key to my Vette Saturday nite!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007 | 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

In considerate people ! Sorry to hear, I can't imagine your pain! I know the puke feeling you get.
Old 04-27-2007 | 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about this .

It seems like everytime I wash the car I find a new 4-5" scratch. Its pretty frustrating. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have your car keyed.

Ryan
Old 04-27-2007 | 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

That blows man, and I had a similar incident last weekend with my GF's jaguar x-type. I usually leave the g35x and x-type at home and take my 01 expedition out when we go out because the areas around the bars/clubs in my area arent that nice. Well we were out already in the jaguar so we go tot he bar and only stay for 45 mins and when we come out to the lot someone had ripped the jaguar leaping cat emblem right off the front of the hood. Called the dealer and they want $400 for a new one...not as expensive as your incident but I know how you feel.
Old 04-27-2007 | 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

Thats fucked... what kind of pos does that?
Old 04-28-2007 | 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its a real shame when someone does something so selfish like that. As if there is nothing else they could be doing. I was very lucky on the other hand with my incident. I caught one of the three kids that were spray painting my truck and T.P.ing my house. The laws of the land prohibit me from posting details but needless to say I found out the name of the other 2 guys with him and proceeded to their houses with the police to ID and arrest them. The 2 that ran got jail time and restitution, the one I caught was given probation for snitching.
Old 04-28-2007 | 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Zturd
I get there at 9:30pm and some people come out cause and see the car cause i dont take it to work. So we all chat listen to how loud it is and go in
Important details.

1. Was this part in a residential area or apartment?
2. "How loud it is" at 9:30 pm could **** off someone pretty badly.

In other words, that person's neighbor could have done the deed if you were out there at 10pm showing people how loud your car is. It isn't right that someone fucked up your car, but you also gotta ask yourself if you didn't help invite the possibility of it happening.
Old 04-28-2007 | 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea mine got keyed also. New paint at 8400miles. had it block sanded and is better than factory, but did cost 7k. Have the whole car redone, a good shop can do it where no one will be able to tell it's a repaint, no one has ever noticed on my car. Sorry to hear this and do know the pain you feel.
Robert
Old 04-28-2007 | 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Important details.

1. Was this part in a residential area or apartment?
2. "How loud it is" at 9:30 pm could **** off someone pretty badly.

In other words, that person's neighbor could have done the deed if you were out there at 10pm showing people how loud your car is. It isn't right that someone fucked up your car, but you also gotta ask yourself if you didn't help invite the possibility of it happening.

Thanks for the insight.... however this was in a row apartment area and the end apartments are empty and the neighbor on the otherside was at the party. I wasn't there revving the car up just sitting and idling. I think the Harleys that were there were considerably louder.
Old 04-28-2007 | 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just get her fixed and keep her garaged so no one can **** with it. Good luck on the next go around. Haters are everywhere. After she comes back from the paint shop make sure she's out of harms way so the haters can't get at you again by scratching up your trophy car. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2007 | 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I absolutely LOVE how some ******** in this world think that because they cannot afford or have something they have to ruin it for those who can. God have mercy on the soul of anyone who I find messing with my car, for I assure you I will not.
Old 04-29-2007 | 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Angry

Dude, that's horrible.
Some people are just jealous and don't like it when other people have nice stuff.
Hope all goes well in the repair stage. GOOD LUCK!!