Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Anybody have these headers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marthastewart
Jargan do you have links to any test results? I would not mind seeing them. I wont argue that a 2-3hp might exist, but dont think that the bottom pic will be putting out any great amount compaired to the top pic. Not worth it for the $600+ difference. This is just my opinion though, I would not mind seeing facts. (and not by the company that made them)

Buy a set and let me know how it works out. I know there has been a new version, but I personally had to move my 02 sensors, weld on a bracket for the dipstick tube. Move the egr adapter, and they are not close in length or height. This is REAL WORLD facts. I paid nearly $500 for all these repairs and installation.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marthastewart
Jargan do you have links to any test results? I would not mind seeing them. I wont argue that a 2-3hp might exist, but dont think that the bottom pic will be putting out any great amount compaired to the top pic. Not worth it for the $600+ difference. This is just my opinion though, I would not mind seeing facts. (and not by the company that made them)
Do a search over at corvetteforum. If you think a cheap thrown together header is just as a good as a header designed to make the most power, then wow.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I have worked with this company before as a customer. I have also seen a number of their turbo manifolds crack and their turbo's come apart at the housing. They make their SS products from very thin steel and they do not and never have done any research and developement. Why do you think they can offer a turbo kit for a import for like $1000. Now I have never had these headers so I can not speak on these products but I do know from first hand that some of the other work by this same company was absolute junk and when you have to threaten to damn near bring a company to it's knees before they will stand behind and replace their products I think it is worth paying a little more for a better product.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the the info. After all the stories I have herad about these headers I think Iam going to do Stainlees Steel Works. I can get them for $1300 including the x pipe. Little more then I would like to pay but I only want to do it one time.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Teching In

you can get a set of kooks long tubes and a kooks x pipe for around the same price from MTI
Old 05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

1) American Racing
2) LG Motorsports Pro longtube
3) Kooks
4) etc, etc,etc

I'm getting 1st, 2nd, or bronze.... who cares about 4th place?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 AM
12 Second Club

no one has given me any information on the amercain racing headers. Is there a site werw I can check them out. And also price.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Teching In

I just bought these. Got them in the mail yesterday. Welds look fine to me and they are the same thickness as my old set of headers. Ill report back after they are installed. I got them with Cats and X pipe for 490 shipped new.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Most people that have given negitive feed back on these never owned them. Teddyca, if you read my post prior to your statement you would not be telling me to buy them, you would see that I already did! Now if you have a Vett, I cant comment on the fitment on those. I have a 99Z and I can say first hand that mine fit perfect and I have had 0 problems with them. MY welds were nice, everything is where itneeded to be and has held up for over 7 months so far.

Jargan I am not going to waste my time searching the corvette fourm. If anyone has a dyno sheet proving that X brand headers give you significantly greater HP than these then I would not mind seeing it. I am not claiming this company to be the best in the world and I will not say these are the best headers out there. I am saying that in my opinion they are worth the money I spent on them. When I can have a SS header, cat, y pipe for less than 1/2 the price of Kooks headers, I can not justify spending the extra cash on them.

I dont know if the fitment on Vetts are diff. from my Z and not sure if the headers I have are from a different batch than what everyone else I getting, but I am happy with them. For thoses people who are looking for headers for their vetts, I guess buy the biggest named, most expensive ones you can find, b/c chances are you have the money to afford them. For people that cant spend that kind of cash, like me, these work perfectly.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Am i looking at the wrong website because I see them for $550 plus shipping of $55 dollars. Are you guys call the company. Because the price you guys are getting is not what Iam seeing. And thinks the guy in the pervious therad just help me make up my mind, because Iam one of the guys that can not spend tons of money on a few mods. Worked to dam hard for it.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a set that I had on my car before putting on the TTiX kit- if you want them make me an offer
Old 06-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Just finished installing mine. THey sound awsome. Alignment is fine. I had to wrestle them a bit to get the cats and xpipe perfect But it wasnt bad. I did them by myself and it took me around 10 hours from start to finish. I wasnt in a rush and took breaks constantly. They slip right in without remvoing the steering arm and they bolt up and seal fine. I have no codes. I would recommend them. To get them for less than 550 you have to go through tstar on CF.

Id recommend these. I didnt install the air tubes because the fittings arent on these headers and I havent had them welded on. SO far it doesnt seem to matter. No codes and nothing bad. I think im just going to remove the AIR system all together.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

link removed by Admin
Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98vert6spd
Just finished installing mine. THey sound awsome. Alignment is fine. I had to wrestle them a bit to get the cats and xpipe perfect But it wasnt bad. I did them by myself and it took me around 10 hours from start to finish. I wasnt in a rush and took breaks constantly. They slip right in without remvoing the steering arm and they bolt up and seal fine. I have no codes. I would recommend them. To get them for less than 550 you have to go through tstar on CF.

Id recommend these. I didnt install the air tubes because the fittings arent on these headers and I havent had them welded on. SO far it doesnt seem to matter. No codes and nothing bad. I think im just going to remove the AIR system all together.
Thaks for your input.
anyway to get some pictures of them?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

I finally got these i pick up from 1aplay great seller by the way. I brought the Borla x-pipe for Speed inc. i will be installing them on Friday and i will let you guys know how it went. Also I will post up pictures of the install and if I figure out how to post up a sound clip will do that also. So you guys can see what it sounds let with a A&A moded stock exhaust.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Launching!

I heard texas speed also sells headers for around the price of these ssautochrome...anyone have experience with them here is the website http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=657
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

guys, please do not post links or pricing to non-sponsoring vendors like SSauto. Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Launching!

The cat placement on the AR's makes a lot of sense imo............got'em, love'em
Old 06-16-2007, 06:40 AM
12 Second Club

Finaaly install the headers and x-pipe it, took about 7 hours. It took that long because I had to make a trip to the muffler shop to get pipe extension because I brought a Bola x-pipe and I had to add the mid pipes. But it's all good now. They soung great exspecially because I have a A&A modit exhaust. May a can get a sound clip up. Will try later today.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vetred
and he,......"NAILS IT"!!! Check out, "American racing headers"
Yep!!

Quick Reply: Anybody have these headers???