Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol if modding is a sin i must be satan himself
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess that I am part of that performance modding 1%. My warranty was history before the car had 2000 miles on it...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Banned

I've gone waayyyy overboard in the past.

The sig pics are real..
Old 07-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Teching In

Just for the record... I bought my 07' C6 in October. By the first week of December it was dropped off at MTI for the H/C package. Best part about it was the car had not even broke 500 miles on the odometer before voiding the warranty. I bought the car to enjoy it... not park it in the garage and look at it. For christs sakes... it's just a car - drive the damn thing!!!!

MTI Stage 2E heads
MTI X1 Cam
MTI CAI
Fast 90
1-7/8 Kooks LT
Hi-flo cats
Corsa sports
Underdrive pulley
160 thermostat

Last edited by conkrete21; 07-14-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Corvette Forum sux big time..been a menber for 6 years and have 3 posts..too many tight *** people over there that are interested in warranties, floor mats and BS apearance crap that they hang all over their cars..every time I log on I am ready to .. .. in 5 minutes..Tech is the place..Z06vette.com is a good site .. gearheads rule ... I like the one percenter concept ..
Old 07-14-2007, 11:50 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

RJ,
Hey you wanna come over this weekend? We're modding a new C6... OPTIMA RED TOP BAYBEE!
Phil
Old 07-14-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

The vettes stock run good and the C5Z06 and the C6Z06 are very impressive cars stock, more so the C6 Z06. Then again I must make the car faster. After a while the speed wears off and is not as much fun anymore. To each his own I guess.
I wave to a lot of the C5 guys/woman and they wave back, but do not get a lot of the waves back from C6 owners. Oh well I guess. LOL
Old 07-14-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by conkrete21
Just for the record... I bought my 07' C6 in October. By the first week of December it was dropped off at MTI for the H/C package. Best part about it was the car had not even broke 500 miles on the odometer [B]before voiding the warranty. I bought the car to enjoy it... not park it in the garage and look at it. For christs sakes... it's just a car - drive the damn thing!!!!

MTI Stage 2E heads
MTI X1 Cam
MTI CAI
Fast 90
1-7/8 Kooks LT
Hi-flo cats
Corsa sports
Underdrive pulley
160 thermostat

Could not of said it any better myself!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Launching!

My last c5 the 98 in my sig still has 110k on it sitting in our garage my dad bought it back and we drive the **** outa that car, F corvette forum i have been kicked off 3 times what a waste of time. I actually wrote a paper for a english class in college explaning the different types of corvette owners out there. No one on corvette forum liked me when i joined and just bought my car at the ripe age of 18, i spend time on there looking for cars to buy but wont spend a moment in any other part of that forum. I will be purchasing a 01 or 02 z06 or a FRC in the next couple of months and you wont see me back on CF, i have been offended by many of "older" corvette owners asking me if daddy knows his car is out of the garage. I always replied nope and the 100k corvette i have here will still kick your cars *** so lets go. Sorry i got into a little rant on CF this board is the **** hands down and hopefully in another couple months i will be a c5 owner again its been way too long
Old 07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
I always love the look on their face when they ask me who I had do all this work to my car and I respond "me". It's priceless.
HAHA-me too
Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car is far from stock but i'll post up a question in the tech section of CF/c5 and get all the results i could ever want. If you talk about things such as street racing you might as well put on flame suit but otherwise i really enjoy the site and the individuals on there. Ya, there are a handful of old farts on ther but for the most part there are plenty there that could probably qualify for a midlife cris. that are running 9's 10's you name it.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
I always love the look on their face when they ask me who I had do all this work to my car and I respond "me". It's priceless.
Oh yeah.

I don't think I can count the number of times someone over there has asked me how much the install was for my KB.

Number of people who asked on LS1Tech... 2, maybe 3.

Look on local fbody clubs and you see all sorts of threads where people are looking for someone to come over on the weekend and split a case of beer and install some headers. You don't see that much at all on Vette forums.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

C5 forced induction is where it's at!!!

Currently RJW has a few threads going about fitting a massive 3.3 whipple under his maggie hood. he's also working on some cooling upgrades/changes to be able to hopefuuly fit the kit under a stock hood.

There's always something crazy going on ove there.

Last edited by will82; 07-15-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling !!!
Old 07-15-2007, 05:42 PM
King of the radial tires

Pretty lame to be throwing stones and invectives at the Corvetteforum. Big tent over there. More than 100K members. And they include a broad range of ages and income brackets.

In fact, CF is home to the fastest Corvettes and Corvette drivers on the web.

A lot of the adverse comments on this thread are wide of the mark. In the last analysis CF members, like members here, are car guys and gals, choosing to spend some of their limited personal time sharing experiences with fellow members.

I respond each week to many PMs and emails from members of LS1tech and CF. From that sampling, I sure don't agree with the notion that all the knowledgeable Corvette owners and enthusiasts congregate here.

This is a great forum with many talented and knowledgeable members. But that doesn't mean it has a monopoly on such folks.

Ranger
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,135 Likes on 739 Posts

There are a lot of Corvette guys who are into power that shuttle back and forth between both sites. It is the case that a lot of those guys are not into hard core performance, but that's no big deal, it's a different community.

I've kept my 02 Z06 stock because frankly my 98 Formula is so modded that it became unreliable. Hopefully my Formy will be more reliable in a week or two.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

I think you guys are missing the point. Its not about modding the car per say, its about hating people who do and making them feel like they are red headed step children. I respect guys who don't know how, or what to mod the cars. To each their own. Guy like Ranger have my respect, drive like hell, try to help others, kind of keep an even keel. But hopw many times has he had to repeat over and over, "change your clutch fluid". I've seen folks argue with him after he gives them hard data. It costs little, and might just fix a problem but they are too pig headed to listen.

It kinda got off topic a little talking about the guys who want to toot their horns with weak mods but the original thing that started this was the purist guys who try and make me feel like a tard cause I tear my car apart.

And, its not in the C5 section. Those guys are cool. The new C6 guys are still learning.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

When I put the supercharger, cam, headers in my brand new C6, a lot of guys on Corvetteforum sent me hate mail and made snooty remarks about "ruining a Corvette". That made it even more enjoyable to do so! I don't rag on guys for choosing to keep a Corvette stock, so I found it highly ignorant for those same guys to complain about what I do with my own car.

Then you have to realize that some of these guys who come off like jerks had to work for 50 years to save up for their first Corvette, and that they consider it perfection as-is and place it on a pedestal. Those are the ones that get annoyed the most about modifying a 'work of art'.

But, I also found several guys on Corvetteforum who enjoy modifying and racing cars. Overall, it is the best Corvette site on the net. Gotta take the bad with the good.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Bad with the good..................amehn
With what I do to my C5s...............wait till I get the next new one
I am converting a few of my fellow racers to buying vettes and beating the hell out of them
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Todd157k
No one is going to get your point if you sugar coat it like this

C6 = new owners not willing to risk warranty

C5 = go fast guys

C4 = HELP.. they're falling to pieces

C3 = How can we make these things worth something???

C2/C1 = Where the heck can I find THAT part???
Good correlation
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
When I put the supercharger, cam, headers in my brand new C6, a lot of guys on Corvetteforum sent me hate mail and made snooty remarks about "ruining a Corvette". That made it even more enjoyable to do so! I don't rag on guys for choosing to keep a Corvette stock, so I found it highly ignorant for those same guys to complain about what I do with my own car.

Then you have to realize that some of these guys who come off like jerks had to work for 50 years to save up for their first Corvette, and that they consider it perfection as-is and place it on a pedestal. Those are the ones that get annoyed the most about modifying a 'work of art'.

But, I also found several guys on Corvetteforum who enjoy modifying and racing cars. Overall, it is the best Corvette site on the net. Gotta take the bad with the good.

I hear ya on that one..Those are the same assclowns that don't do anything but spend all their time shinning their car and then sit around alook at it and drool on themselves..their afraid to put any miles on the darn thing..I always tell them them that they must be saving it for the next owner..drive the thing often and drive it like you stole it regularly if you want it to run right.. after all its not really a sports car it is a hot rod that goes around corners pretty good...

Quick Reply: Corvette 1%er