Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette 1%er

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette 1%er

Ok, I know some of you guys hang out on the crovetteforum too so I won't be too offensive. But, many, many of the people over there are a bunch of midlife crisis, suit wearing, can't change their friggin oil, worried about warranty, cold air thinking its the ****, non wrenching jerk offs I've had the dis-priviledge of talking to. Over here you get much more tech and better questions. I'm sick to damn death of listening to these not hot rodding people.

Anyway, I was just told that people who mod C6s are, "like 1%" of the population and it was intended to be an insult.

Coming from the Harley world that kinda struck me as cool. I'm a Corvette 1%er. I mod my crap and don't care. I don't want GM fixing my car unless its something like a door lock. Old guys coming from the country club in their tricked out mid-life crisis C6 look at me and sneer. My car shakes and lopes and smells bad and sounds like a sewing machine. I'm proud, I like it. I think we should start a club, who's in? I nominate me President of the Corvette 1%er club. I think this could go someplace. We would have rules, like if you ask what cold air intake is the best we get to kick you in the coin purse. If you ask what is the best cam in the world without giving us intended purpose or motor, or weights, or tranny we get to kick you in the jimmy sack and you get banned. I'm changing my sig right now~!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Lol, welcome to the side that tears the motor apart first and thinks of the warranty last

I dont know why it is that a lot, i dunno about 99%, dont mod their vettes. It is very true though. Guy down the street from me says hes gonna mod it, but its in too good of shape. he says once its beat up he will mod it. At least he takes it to the track. Hes a nice guy tho, not one of those "midlife crisis, suit wearing, can't change their friggin oil, worried about warranty, cold air thinking its the ****, non wrenching jerk offs"
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

There are alot of great people over there. Some own vettes and want to keep them stock. That is their preference. Thats ok !! Myself - i like going faster and faster. Yes, i tore out my airbag last week to save 6 pounds !!
the corvette forum is a great place for corvette owners to gather info and discuss.........
ls1tech is geared more towards tech..
I like the corvette forum. But, come here as well
Old 07-13-2007, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

I agree 100%

Last edited by kcmags; 07-18-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 123sugey
There are alot of great people over there. Some own vettes and want to keep them stock. That is their preference. Thats ok !! Myself - i like going faster and faster. Yes, i tore out my airbag last week to save 6 pounds !!
the corvette forum is a great place for corvette owners to gather info and discuss.........
ls1tech is geared more towards tech..
I like the corvette forum. But, come here as well
You might hang out in the C5 section. COMPLETELY differnet story. Go look in the C6 section for a week. You'll see what I mean. I have all the respect in the world for somebody that wants to keep their car stock. But don't call me a dirtbag for modding mine.

Also, after a while you start to see personalities behind the screen names. They want attention so they drive the newest vette ask questions they don't want answers to, and spout dis-information about stuff "some guy's brother" showed them. How many times can you ask which cold air is better? When people get sick of it, they change the wording so its, what's the best way to put in a cold air. They are all excited and want the world to know they have acold air on their car. They don't care about the answers, they just find new ways to talk about themselves in the TECH SECTION. Go there and listen.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

KC, I'll watch it tonight work won't allow me to do anything cool. I swear I'm going to start a website lol. C'mon who's in?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Amen.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

I got your point.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Yea, I dont know why anyone would want to mod their Vette, completely stock is cool . But seriously, Ive never been to the C6 section, but the C5 section is pretty good, and there are a lot of people that know what they are talking about on there and actually have modded cars.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

My god, you mean you voided your warranty?!? I've lurked the C5 section. That crowd is cool. There are some cool C6 folks but its a minority. It will change in a few years but right now its unbearable.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

The Forced Induction area is loaded with our kinda peeps.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most CF members would rather buy an appearance than a performance mod-as that is the demograhphic which buys the most Corvettes. Probably less than 5% of owners add a power adder, crack open the motor, or swap the motor. I am not sure of the most likely/common Corvette buyer, but it is probably something like, 50+ years old, desires automatic tranny, upgrades car every three years and has never been to a dragstrip or race track. Many C6Z owners will never mod their cars, and trade them in for another Corvette before the warranty expires. I, on the other hand, figure life is too damn short not to mod the hell out of one's car (see my signature). My Caddy had the motor pulled after 15 months of ownership, even though the warranty is good for four years.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Amen.
Stop playing us, your car is bone, very boney, stock!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I, on the other hand, figure life is too damn short not to mod the hell out of one's car (see my signature). My Caddy had the motor pulled after 15 months of ownership, even though the warranty is good for four years.
Yeah, but nobody ever said you were sane...
Old 07-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AintQik
,,,But, many, many of the people over there are a bunch of midlife crisis, suit wearing, can't change their friggin oil, worried about warranty, cold air thinking its the ****, non wrenching jerk offs I've had the dis-priviledge of talking to.
No one is going to get your point if you sugar coat it like this

C6 = new owners not willing to risk warranty

C5 = go fast guys

C4 = HELP.. they're falling to pieces

C3 = How can we make these things worth something???

C2/C1 = Where the heck can I find THAT part???
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AintQik
Ok, I know some of you guys hang out on the crovetteforum too so I won't be too offensive. But, many, many of the people over there are a bunch of midlife crisis, suit wearing, can't change their friggin oil, worried about warranty, cold air thinking its the ****, non wrenching jerk offs I've had the dis-priviledge of talking to. Over here you get much more tech and better questions. I'm sick to damn death of listening to these not hot rodding people.

Anyway, I was just told that people who mod C6s are, "like 1%" of the population and it was intended to be an insult.

Coming from the Harley world that kinda struck me as cool. I'm a Corvette 1%er. I mod my crap and don't care. I don't want GM fixing my car unless its something like a door lock. Old guys coming from the country club in their tricked out mid-life crisis C6 look at me and sneer. My car shakes and lopes and smells bad and sounds like a sewing machine. I'm proud, I like it. I think we should start a club, who's in? I nominate me President of the Corvette 1%er club. I think this could go someplace. We would have rules, like if you ask what cold air intake is the best we get to kick you in the coin purse. If you ask what is the best cam in the world without giving us intended purpose or motor, or weights, or tranny we get to kick you in the jimmy sack and you get banned. I'm changing my sig right now~!
come on, tell us how you really feel. Dont hold back
Old 07-13-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

lol, I know, I know. Now everybody that responded to this thread go add 1%er to your sig.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the C5 tech section is going down hill. Most questions are now 'How do I install my steering wheel decals?', 'HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! How do I change my right turn signal bulb?', and the now classic 'Which intake should I buy?'.

Keith
Old 07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always love the look on their face when they ask me who I had do all this work to my car and I respond "me". It's priceless.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Go over to the C3 section some time. A lot of the people in that area are the modify it, build it and make it faster crew. I know more than a few of them now like me who bought C5s. Probably why the C5 section is such gear heads we all moved from or still continue to frequent the C3 section

Quick Reply: Corvette 1%er