C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette 1%er

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by Todd157k
I've been looking into getting a trunk/bike rack for the back of my Corvette as well, where can I get one like that?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1290
IMO the C5 tech section is going down hill. Most questions are now 'How do I install my steering wheel decals?', 'HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! How do I change my right turn signal bulb?', and the now classic 'Which intake should I buy?'.

Keith
That reminds me.. I have yet to find steering wheel decals that will fit my C5 Z...

..any one have any ideas..

As a definate 1%er I have nothing against the polishers and waxers// I just chuckle (thats when I can even hear what they are saying over my Borla XR straight pipe longtubed lumpy cammed noise polluter..)

Just leave the posers be, it's no tlike we are modding our cars to impress others... are we???

Because if we are modding them in anticipation of continued praises.. then we as 1%ers are no different to the attention whoring polishers.... heheh
Old 07-29-2007, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by valdeztke
So you assume that any man that drives a C4 and is in his 50's "doesn't have a clue"? What if the gentlemen was an avid collector of cars, ran a multi-million dollar company, and just so happened wanted to take one from his collection out for a drive......What then? Is he less cool in your book?

I know what would happen then, you'd in turn be rude to him, "hating" if you will, for the simple fact that he had what you didn't.

Do you think he is really "hating" on you?

Come on man.
Read what I said again please. He's not clueless for driving a C4...hell I'd love to own a ZR1. He's clueless for being a douche nozzle towards me because I modded my C5. This was AFTER I politely said hi to him. Maybe he's just an agrry person, maybe he was having a bad day. Who knows, who cares. He was an *** and got put in his place. I'm not trying to be Mr. Badass or anything but Jesus Christ...when someone says hi to you don't go on a tangent about modding a car

Was I wrong for firing back? Probably but no one disrespects me like that for no reason.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

You werent wrong my friend for firing back. I agree with you he was being a dick and maybe he was having a bad day but that doesnt mean you have to have one too lol. Who cares what that guy thinks anyway chances are you will never see him again, and if you do maybe he will be in a better mood and not such an ***.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I've been looking into getting a trunk/bike rack for the back of my Corvette as well, where can I get one like that?
If she gets cold enough, she can hold up a bicycle... without using her hands.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

My three most popular web sites, in no picticular order:

1. LS1 Tech... best source for LSX engine info

2. Corvette Forum... general info in the Z06 section & some Good info in the Autocross & Roadrace sections

3. Rennlist... a Porsche site with very good info in the racing & drivers ed section

You gotta read carefully in all three forums... some gems of widsom hidden amongst a lot of "personal opinions".
Old 07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trumperZ06
My three most popular web sites, in no picticular order:

1. LS1 Tech... best source for LSX engine info

2. Corvette Forum... general info in the Z06 section & some Good info in the Autocross & Roadrace sections

3. Rennlist... a Porsche site with very good info in the racing & drivers ed section

You gotta read carefully in all three forums... some gems of widsom hidden amongst a lot of "personal opinions".
WOW.. Looks like I'm 3 for 3.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

I was a fan of pelicanparts boards. Miss the hell out of my 911
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Teching In

This thread is almost a month old but I have "lurked" it couple of times and find the perspective on members of CF very interesting.

I guess you can say I am in the "happy medium" when it comes to modding. I have a '04 Vette Coupe that I can't wait to get back to when I come back from Iraq this year. I have a Corsa Touring Catback, and plan to have Lingenfelter do their thing in September '08.

I am not a "motorhead" or a hardcore performance enthusiast, and I would be just as content to leave my Vette "as is" as I would be to have Lingenfelter mod it for me. I admit to not having the technical know-how nor the desire to do the work right myself. I certainly admire those that can work on these technological marvels themselves which is why I am member of this forum, CF and DC. Lot of good (and bad) ideas to build a knowledge base from. I learned in the limited time I get to spend on the net between these forums that the aftermarket will sell you ANYTHING on the promise of more HP. My own research and these forums (you 1%ers) helped me to separate the good info from the bad.

For the record, the only "frustration" (for want of a better word) that I might have with a 1%er on a forum is when they come on a forum (CF mostly) and complain about having a warranty voided by GM and trying to scheme a way to get around paying to have work done on a modded car. Nothing wrong with modding your car, but don't come on a forum and cry foul at GM or your dealership because you want to have your cake and eat it too. If you don't care about your warranty when you crack that motor open or remove the cats or fry the PCM with some cheap (always cheap) mod that your little brother's best friend's dad told you about, don't cry about the bill or the $$$$ you shelled out to mod the car in the first place. Take responsibility (like you guys do) and accept the fact that you are on your own. You play, you pay.

Just my .02

Last edited by Chemdawg99; 08-23-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Hey Chemdawg,

Nice post... hope you get back to the World... soon !!!

Have you taken your Vette to D E Events... on a road course. This is the best way to learn what your Vette can do !!! It will also improve your driving abilities... great stuff.

Ligenfelter does Good Work... and can set up and modify your car for the track.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trumperZ06
Hey Chemdawg,

Nice post... hope you get back to the World... soon !!!

Have you taken your Vette to D E Events... on a road course. This is the best way to learn what your Vette can do !!! It will also improve your driving abilities... great stuff.

Ligenfelter does Good Work... and can set up and modify your car for the track.
Thanks trumperZ06,

I don't like it when guys on that forum flame someone for making their car the way they want it to be. Just not right.

As for your question, no, I haven't really had an opportunity to run the Vette on a road course. I bought my current Vette a couple of months before I came over here so I have a lot to catch up on when I get back

It is also my daily driver, so I really don't want to run her too hard just yet. But you are on point about learning how to REALLY handle the power of the Vette. The most important mod of all is the driver
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 AM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Location: Tinker till it blows, then back it off a notch, maybe!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fall into a small group with OFS...(old fart sydrome)...if you've seen me in my car, I probably didn't wave, because most every time I drive it, I'm either tuning it or just finished modding something and looking at all the gauges while hoping that I don't blow it up.

I can be found almost exclusively in the C5 FI area, either re-inventing the wheel or generally making an azz out of myself...but all in good fun.

I come over here to see what's realy going on with the tech stuff, but strangely I hardly ever get answers to my questions????

I must have 5 or 10 threads that no one answered...and not ones that people ignore because it's been asked every day.

It's tough being mid fifties and looking for 800 rwhp out of a yellow c5 z06...we're a dieing breed , I think.

btw: when I run into other old guys in a gas station, they have no clue as to what to say or do with me....if I have the hood open, they won't come within 50 feet of my car......ya it's kind of nasty all around...just the way i like it.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
I always love the look on their face when they ask me who I had do all this work to my car and I respond "me". It's priceless.
Thats what im thinking

Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Im glad to see im not the only one who thinks this. Im the one who originally posted the message about "Rogers Corvette" and I got banned from corvetteforum. Long story short, I had a old buzzard get his diaper in a mess cause I was busting on his boy Roger from Rogers Corvette about his shitty attitude. He was a moderator, therefore he banned me for life.....I just got another log-in name, haha ..now I dont even care to go back there :/

Corvetteforums.com..... BOOOO!!!
Rogers Corvette ........ BOOOO!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Most CF members would rather buy an appearance than a performance mod-as that is the demograhphic which buys the most Corvettes. Probably less than 5% of owners add a power adder, crack open the motor, or swap the motor. I am not sure of the most likely/common Corvette buyer, but it is probably something like, 50+ years old, desires automatic tranny, upgrades car every three years and has never been to a dragstrip or race track. Many C6Z owners will never mod their cars, and trade them in for another Corvette before the warranty expires. I, on the other hand, figure life is too damn short not to mod the hell out of one's car (see my signature). My Caddy had the motor pulled after 15 months of ownership, even though the warranty is good for four years.
To each their own. Some CF members like myself are a little off the deep end while others are like appearance mods. Not everybody is a drag racer and when your stock car goes 175 + how much more do you need.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

I don't get it...been lurking on this thread at some of the posts for a while and there sure is alot of "hate" for the 50+ age group. I'm 55 yrs "young" and have been driving performance cars since the sixties. (ya' I know , before some of you were born) I'm not interested in being in a 1%, 50% or 99% club and really don't give a damn if another Vette owner waves to me or not...lol. I mod my ride for my own personal enjoyment and really don't give a **** what anyone thinks about my ride or how I drive it.

Thanks...I feel better now.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

anyone know what the best cold air is that wont void my warranty???
Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
anyone know what the best cold air is that wont void my warranty???

Quick Reply: Corvette 1%er