Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Most current pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Buy a Textralia, they really hold up and the clutch pedal feels like stock on the single.

I run a Textralia twin, a bit of over-kill at the moment until I boost the motor and it locks up like a mo-fu.

Hopefully thats the case with me... just got hooked up by my friend wavrdr with a exo skel. Homeboy hooked me up....a stand up guy. Now if only I could get him to stop stareing at my crotch...lol
Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta say....I love the bulge baby!

Now get that thing fixed up and get the car running!

Take a pic and post it in the tranny section on here for some opinions...

Alan
Old 12-15-2007, 06:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wavrdr
I gotta say....I love the bulge baby!

Now get that thing fixed up and get the car running!

Take a pic and post it in the tranny section on here for some opinions...

Alan

Lol...who doesn't?

hahaha.

Rivets went in today...$20 repair. Awesome. My girlfriend is following me into work riht now, gonna drop off the vette, then go drop her off, and then go back to work....let you know how it goes.

Peace out
Old 12-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride
Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bill K
Nice ride
thank you.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Today...I worked on normal customer cars...then,..smoothly got permission to pull the vette inside later in the day. Started taking down the rear mufflers,...which have two broken/missing hangers. Kinda sucks...but,..i'll have my buddy here at work weld up some new ones come monday. Still sucks they broke.

Started the cars, with long tubes, X-pipe only. Sounded like a nascar at idle.... pretty friggin sick. Revved it very mildly,..just enough to hear it...sounded like a renegade car. Crazy. drew a crowd...and I got the typical your crazy look..... lol.

Figured i'd do a couple of other wanted things. Gonna run wires to move my optima battery to the right rear of the vehicle. Give myself a little better transfer,...and a little more room upfront. Also, going to relocatemy coil packs. I've had harness extensions that we've made now for a while, so all I have to do now, is fit the spark plug wires....and occourse relocate the packs. Thats a mod, that I have been looking forward to now for years. I know it's functional but, I don't like the coil pack on valve cover look. The C6R race cars don't have it....so I don't need it. I'll hide them in a couple of random hidden spots....somewhere close to the firewall.

Soon,...but, not any time soon,..i'll buy some valvecovers. In my mind, should look dope. Haven't decided on what exactly. I like carbon ALOT but,...I also like the new GM valve covers. Soo... maybe some cool paint but, nothing flashy....and those might make it on the car. But,..again, down the road. Thats a 30 second a side mod with no coils...so, it'll be put off for a more needed mod.

I did start to wrap the charge tubes with heat wrapp. igured i'd try something I haven't seen anyone do before. Lol...probably cause it won't work... who knows, we'll see.

....what else... oh, been trying to make another little pod for my PYRO meter....dunno yet. Might fine time for that.

I found the top panel on my trans is leaking,..going to take that apart tomorrow....and reseal that. Fill with some fresh fluid...and rock and rolll. Same goes for the diff. Change fluid... rock and roll(i need an output shaft).

unless i'm missing something....I think thats about it. Oh,... took out my spark plugs, they looked just awesome. Nicely burnt in,...very happy with all 8 of my spark plugs.

Pastvertical helped me a little big ago remove the rear cradle assembly/diff/trans/tube from the car.

So, that did get seperated. Going into work tomorrow....to change clutches...possibly install driveline. If i'm alone,...thne all try and do the coils and stuff but, it's SLIGHTLY hard because I don't have the headers on her but, I guess if need be, I can always bolt them on.

Anyways fella's... sorry for the long winded rant...i'm tired, trippin on red bull, and covered in my cars ****. Peace out...enjoy your weekend.

J
Old 12-15-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

...and if anyone has any battery relocation pictures(not lingenfelters, thanks)...that'd be sweet.

Quick Reply: Most current pictures.