Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

HELP! Bone Stock Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 04:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! Bone Stock Z

Picking up a new addition to the garage next week and already have some mods planned out. I'm bringin home a TR 2003 Z06 with only 13k on the clock. Let me know what you all think of the following:

Intake: Halltech Venom, FAST 90/90
Cam: ?? I've been looking at the Comp XFI series, and the England Green Signature Cams
Heads:?? Need some help matching that up to the cam.. I'm looking at a pretty large cam for a streetable setup. The car will see the track a couple times every few months, and perhaps a road course.
Exhaust: LG Pro lt's, x pipe, Thinking about leaving the stock TI but my dad's planning on buying me a borla cb for christmas
Wheels/Tires: Iforged Aero's, working out a deal with modcity; don't know yet if I want 19/20 or 19/19.. 10"upfront/11.5"inback. Don't know what tires/sizes.. I want a lot of meat in the back
Clutch: Textralia from BYUNSPEED
Shifter: ??
Suspension: Lowered on stock bolts for now
Tune: ?? What all can I do with EFI Live
Gears: Maybe 3.90's later on down the road.

Let me know your thoughts. I'll post some pics up once I pick her up
Old 12-23-2007, 06:53 AM
12 Second Club

I have seen a lot of people having issues with their FAST throttle bodies sticking open. TSP just came out with a 100mm that I am interested in. Weiand is coming out with a new intake manifold that is supposed to outperform the FAST. It might be worth waiting for if you're not in a hurry.

For an off the shelf head/cam combo TSP has some nice head/cam combos for a nice price. I've seen quite a few combos with their MS3 cam and a few of their different heads making 470-480rwhp. I'd give them a call to hook you up. They are pretty busy so if you get a busy signal, just keep tryin, you'll eventually get through.

LG just came out with a 3" fully polished stainless steel catback which would compliment the LG headers. They've seen gains of 10rwhp over the TI catback.

I have 19x10/19x11 wheels. The tire sizes I am running are 295/35/19 and 305/30/19. I currently have Pirelli's, but I am going to give the Nitto Invo's a shot next.

I have a Textralia twin disc clutch/flywheel setup. I like it alot. I have heard good things about the OZ700 single disc clutch though.

I have a Hurst Billet Plus shifter with a Derlin shift ****. I like the combo a lot.

There are tons of different bolt lowering kits out, but you can do a search on here or corvette forum and find out the specs on the longer bolts that you can get at like Lowe's or Home Depot for cheap.

I don't know anything about tuners lol

I don't have any experience with gears either haha

Congrats on the new ride! I am sure you will enjoy it!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

pick out your heads, THEN match a cam to it...
Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys for your responses,

A buddy of mine back home said he'd sell me his ported PRC Stg 1 LS6 heads for $600. I figured with those heads and say a MS4 cam that'd be a pretty cost effective setup. I have however been looking into the TrickFlow 215's over the AFR 205 heads; both are top notch and flow the best from what I've seen. I don't know what cam I'd match up to the heads though.. I'm looking to eventually dip into the 10's with this setup. I want an aggressive cam that with a tune is streetable, and lays down solid numbers/times to compliment the setup. Is anyone running the englandgreen series cams? any suggestions?

Dallas, concerning the 90/90 and intake possiblities; I think I will hold off for a little while and focus on mods elsewhere. The LS6 intake will flow fine for now. I'll defintitely do a search and keep an eye out for the new intake from weiand.

As far as wheels/tires go, I'm working out a deal with Kenneth at ModCity right now. I'm gonna be ordering Iforged Aero's 19x9.5/19x11. They'll be wrapped in Michelin 275/35/19and 315-335/30/19, or Nitto 555r 335's for the rear.

I'll be having a buddy of mine run EFI live on the car after the swap(s) until I get the car to a tuner. I'll be trailering the car back to CA so I may try and contact Andy from aacorvette about a tune later on down the road. This same buddy also has a set of 3.90 gears he's wanting to get rid of.

I'm still undecided about a shifter, I've seen nothing but good things concerning the C6Z06 shifter..

That's all for now, let me know what you all think..
Old 12-25-2007, 02:05 AM
12 Second Club

i have heard nothing but good things about trick flow heads and afrs. from what i have read, the trick flows are preferred over afrs. that goes for the england green cams too. everybody that has them seem to be pleased with them. pretty much any of the aggressive cams are streetable as long as you have a good tune. i dont have any first hand experience with the trick flow heads or the eg cams. its all just what i've read.

my car still has an ls6 intake manifold and a ported throttle body. they seem to flow ok

be sure to post up some pics of those wheels! they will look sick!

you wont be disappointed with the hurst billet plus shifter. everybody that has checked out my car has made a point to compliment it. the billet plus shifter is short, and the derlin **** makes it even shorter.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Launching!

Get Som,

I have a varaam and haltech for sale if you are interested in saving a few bucks. They have only been on my z06 for about 10k miles or less then 6 months.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Update: Ordered a '08 C6 Z06 shifter today, along with a set of CCW 505a's and tires.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Another update: Just got done ordering a set of LG Pro's/x-pipe

Quick Reply: HELP! Bone Stock Z