Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 Z06 vs LS3??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
1) I don't have a C5, I do have a C6 that has recorded the quickest bone stock 1/4 mile time published on the internet or in magazines so far though.
2) Not sure how but yes, a stock C5 Z06 DOES IN FACT do plenty to a stock C6 LS3 (and C6 LS2)...try 11.7/11.8 second 1/4 mile passes with trap speeds over 118mph (even saw an 119 once) in some cases. No stock LS3 (or LS2) has even come remotely close to that ET though some have matched the trap speeds in their more aerodynamic cars that also make over 35rwhp/rwtq more at the wheels.
Perhaps you should read up on these things a little more before spouting off inaccurate/false info...or maybe you're the one who is deluded?
LoL I agree with you. A properly driven stock Z will beat a stock LS2 or LS3 from a dig and around a track.

Nice to see someone join Feb 2008 just to defend their car though LoL.

Hybreeder
Old 02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Roll racing? What, are we driving Turbo Toyotas here?
When my local strip adds roll racing to the roster I'll be sure to let ya know.
Dude, come on, are you going to start this too??? Has this thread not been referencing roll racing since like page 2(post # 25 and again in #38)??? I did not bring it up, it was the scenario the other posters asked about. My DA on my stock time was +500. Not all of us get to run at one of the fastest tracks in the country(ATCO) and you "cannot" deny that as it is common knowledge.

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-12-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well this thread was very interesting. A little off track but interesting none the less. Well some of you may have seen my post in the Gen Lsx where I bought my C5 Z two weeks ago. I had a 30k budget and found my Z with 9k on it for 30k. I absolutely fell in love with this car, it is a complete machine made for one thing. As previously stated, like all the magazines say you lay into the throttle and you are almost instantly at redline. The gears fly by with now drop in power, the handling is flawless, the looks of the hard top are unbeatable. The C5 Z is a true factory race car. Since I have had it I have ran with two C6's both Ls2 powered and had no trouble with either. Both drivers where older than me (I am 22) and so I figure they where more experienced (not to say I have none, before my z I drove my H/C/I 445wrhp T/A) and still pulled them. I have not had a chance to run a Ls3 yet. But from my reading and understanding of what is going on here is my take. The C5 Z takes the Ls2 in stock form. The Ls3 in stock form has 30 more hp, but also much more TM to protect the same powertrain. So the Ls3 being more restricted than the ls2 if every car where in stock form I say the C5 Z will win.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Well this thread was very interesting. A little off track but interesting none the less. Well some of you may have seen my post in the Gen Lsx where I bought my C5 Z two weeks ago. I had a 30k budget and found my Z with 9k on it for 30k. I absolutely fell in love with this car, it is a complete machine made for one thing. As previously stated, like all the magazines say you lay into the throttle and you are almost instantly at redline. The gears fly by with now drop in power, the handling is flawless, the looks of the hard top are unbeatable. The C5 Z is a true factory race car. Since I have had it I have ran with two C6's both Ls2 powered and had no trouble with either. Both drivers where older than me (I am 22) and so I figure they where more experienced (not to say I have none, before my z I drove my H/C/I 445wrhp T/A) and still pulled them. I have not had a chance to run a Ls3 yet. But from my reading and understanding of what is going on here is my take. The C5 Z takes the Ls2 in stock form. The Ls3 in stock form has 30 more hp, but also much more TM to protect the same powertrain. So the Ls3 being more restricted than the ls2 if every car where in stock form I say the C5 Z will win.
the man makes alot of sense

I'd love to see a shootout ,same track, same day, between a C5Z,LS2 and LS3 C6, all with the tune changed to maximize the car's potentials and that being the only mod.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1.8t
LMAO congrats on your "accomplishments" marriage boy

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1890682

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahaha hell....lol....it's an OT section of that Forum...people get bored and post up crazy "what if "**** all the time. HYPOTHETICAL questions....you know...MAKE BELIVE.Glad you like me so much you dug up some old post to try and assume you know something about me. BTW, you said you want to meet up....something about another meeting you had with someone else over the internet....dude, I don't swing that way. Go try some rest stop stalls down there in GA, man.....

Last edited by Evilways; 02-12-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Evilways
hahahahahahaha hell....lol....it's an OT section of that Forum...people get bored and post up crazy "what if "**** all the time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Man, I sure wish I could marry into money and then go around acting like I was a self made man at 33. LMAO, this **** is just getting good
Old 02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

the man makes alot of sense

I'd love to see a shootout ,same track, same day, between a C5Z,LS2 and LS3 C6, all with the tune changed to maximize the car's potentials and that being the only mod.
I think it will happen soon. i have a feeling GMHTP magazine may do that.
the best all stock then tune the cars and see what happens.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by scramblerman
I think it will happen soon. i have a feeling GMHTP magazine may do that.
the best all stock then tune the cars and see what happens.
I think Ranger had a track rental and the LS2, LS3, C6Z and C5Z , all stock, ready to go , but I don't know if it fell through. I'd be nice to see GMHTP do this shootout
Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

hahahahahahaha hell....lol....it's an OT section of that Forum...people get bored and post up crazy "what if "**** all the time. HYPOTHETICAL questions....you know...MAKE BELIVE.Glad you like me so much you dug up some old post to try and assume you know something about me. BTW, you said you want to meet up....something about another meeting you had with someone else over the internet....dude, I don't swing that way. Go try some rest stop stalls down there in GA, man.....
Uh oh, I saw your previously edited post.........your starting to back pedal LLLOLOLOLOOLOL. I never said anything about fighting, I am a 24yr old Engineer, what do I know about fighting?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1.8t
. I never said anything about fighting, I am a 24yr old Engineer, what do I know about fighting?
now who's starting to back pedal....looks to be you.... why not give it up and let the adults carry on a conversation about cars, junior?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

now who's starting to back pedal....looks to be you.... why not give it up and let the adults carry on a conversation about cars, junior?

Lol, ok, just tell me if your wife has a sister, I wanna marry a sugar momma as well so I can act tough on the internet forums and tell people how successful I am LOLLOLOLO!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

3 month ban for 1.8 for making personal comments over and over.

This thread is now polluted, and will be locked. Grow up guys.

ADMIN

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 vs LS3??