Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 Z06 vs LS3??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBSSCEDC5
You know Evil, You have made it your business to dog me from one forum to the next about the videos I put up. You seem to have a real problem with the different girls I put in there for fun. It really makes me start to wonder if there is some other reason you don't like seeing pretty women on the net...
I think you lose all crediblity as a vendor,sponsor,etc, when you have to use someone's libido as the driving force to buy a product other than sexually related items (KY manlube, in your case). Questioning my sexuality is pretty petty, but hey, it's not as bad as bringing in henchmen to gang up on forum members who actually know what they're talking about everywhere you go. You and ol' cat in the hat are some spoiled little kids with nice rides you can't even figure out how to properly handle so you stage races and lie your asses off about mods and numbers ...all to do what? Impress nameless,faceless entities on the internet? You gonna be famous from the crap you put on here,boys? I think not. As far as seeing "pretty women on the net"...ya know, some of us only have to go into our living rooms or bedrooms to see pretty women in the flesh, not wack it to some paid "model" who wouldn't spit in your direction unless you paid her to.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Evilways
Impress nameless,faceless entities on the internet? You gonna be famous from the crap you put on here,boys?

Listen Junior,

Trader Rating:
1 (100% positive)
Date of Birth:
January 18, 1975

I was racing my car while you were still pissing your pants...

I am primarily a Torco user, not a seller. I've been one for over five years. I've never made up a single thing on the net about my cars or mods!!!

I drive the hell out of them both, and do it for fun! I like to video tape some of it and share it with guys who appreciate it.
Just like TV, if you don't like what's on, TURN THE F...KING CHANNEL, and quite your childish whining!

You should talk about posting videos...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

man that guy sure hates ls3's
Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fastvet
Hey, I am interested in TORCO, what does it do????
Torco is one way of raising your octane. I run it in both my vettes, and have been running it in every tank in my Blown C5 for over 5 years.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

I can out shift your *** anyday in a M6
hahahahaha, okay bitch box boy. Now go run along and push the "go" pedal and preach to everyone about how hard it is to launch lol.

I said it in a previous post, find these other threads where I am bashing LS2's and saying they are worthless POS's....you did a nice job of side stepping it.

Now respond back telling me you grew up driving manual tranny's and how you are soooo good at them and you are a direct descendant from Michael Schumacher and "oh boy, if you ever saw me drive, you would be so mad crazy impressed you would implode". I am done with this thread, you bore me now. For the record, I graduated from the University of Auburn in Mechanical Eng. with a business minor and bought my vette BY MYSELF. Don't be jealous at other peoples success at a younger age than yourself.

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-12-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hybreeder
What's wrong with a girl that has big ****?
I missed that!! WTH is the girl with BIG **** !!??
Old 02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking

You're just reaching now....stop trying to get me pissed by talking **** about my tranny choice. I can out shift your *** anyday in a M6 and my A6 is more consistant and shifts faster than any manual I've ever driven(which is quite a few, wise ***).
What kinda girly-man posts all this Rhetoric then buys and drives a CORVETTE with an A6?? WTF?? This car better be your DD and you live in a major metro area. A6 in a Vette..sacrilegious IMHO. Just go get a Prius for ****** sake.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by 1.8t
....THIS MEANS GOODBYE LS2 WHEN IT COMES TO A ROLL RACE. The end. No more winning or complaining because your down 30hp and mad that GM put the LS3 in the 08's. Thats the cold hard truth. Every peron with an LS2 would be FASTER if they had 30 more hp....they may not be QUICKER, but they would be faster(aka - more mph). If a stock LS2 and a I/H/E LS2 were to race, who would win and by how much(from a roll)? The outcome would be the exact way a stock LS2 vs a stock LS3 would turn out in regards to a roll on.
Roll racing? What, are we driving Turbo Toyotas here?
When my local strip adds roll racing to the roster I'll be sure to let ya know.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

I think you are wrong..... or deluded.

How is a stock C5Z - with what 355 RWHP - going to do anything with an LS3 that handily has 25-35 RWHP and Torque over it? You must have a C5.
1) I don't have a C5, I do have a C6 that has recorded the quickest bone stock 1/4 mile time published on the internet or in magazines so far though.
2) Not sure how but yes, a stock C5 Z06 DOES IN FACT do plenty to a stock C6 LS3 (and C6 LS2)...try 11.7/11.8 second 1/4 mile passes with trap speeds over 118mph (even saw an 119 once) in some cases. No stock LS3 (or LS2) has even come remotely close to that ET though some have matched the trap speeds in their more aerodynamic cars that also make over 35rwhp/rwtq more at the wheels.
Perhaps you should read up on these things a little more before spouting off inaccurate/false info...or maybe you're the one who is deluded?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

lol it looks like the topic strayed off course, my opinion was in the market 2 months ago for a vette, my budget was 35k cash, i was either going to buy a C5 Z06, an 06Z51 M6, or put a huge down payment on a brand new LS3. The first car i drove was an 06 LS2 Z51 1LT M6 car black with a little over 3k on it, i felt the car had plenty of pull, the rear end gearing i didnt really feel to be a huge noticeable difference in the Z51 over a nonZ51 C6. I did, however, feel the car lagged 3rd gear out but seemed to redeem its self a bit through 4th and 5th. The LS3 was a certain slight improvement, there was a special factory equipment exhaust that made the car really sound alive but it wasnt night and day performance difference from LS2 and LS3 very slight at most. I drove these cars both at the same dealer the same day, dry roads maybe 45ish degrees out........at another local sports car dealer (superior auto) there sat a bright red 02 Z06 which obviously i drove. The car was red with crome Z06s (which slightly dissapointed me for the fact that i want the special grey rims but whatever) the car was beautiful with only 9800miles on it. he was stuk at 35800$ for the car wich rightfully so it was a beautiful car!! so n e way jsut like the magazines say, juice the gas in an LS6 and it just leaps to 5grand!!!! It just felt like the damn thing was pulling so hard through every gear but before i even remembered......it hit me when i hit 5th gear!!! lol it dropped off like 350 rpm !!WOAH!!! THE INFAMOUS M12!! that effin car got to 150MPH like it was its job!! Not to mention the looks of a C5 frc Z06 car cannot be beat but im keeping that out of question to be fair on both cars and compare the 3 stock for stock performance. I guess bottom line the C5Z06 is a race car, its gearing is crazy! They pull like raped animals! My personal opinion the only car thats going to beat a quality running 02^ Z06 is an 05^Z06.............BTW the car i ended up getting was an 03 50th anniversary Z06 in quicksilver metallic with a touch over 30k on it for 31k and sum change after tax. Its all stock except for the Bassani after cat exhaust system......it was the fastest almost stock vette i have been in so far, i love it! haha its my garage queen! or king however u wanna look at it
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Question

I don't give a f*ck what LS1LT1 ran, he doesn't run at my track under the same conditions as me, so I could care less to compare.....see the "mineshaft DA's @ the best tracks in the country" comment previously posted.
And the LS3s that HAVE run in good air (like the A6 LS3 I saw at the track in December running 12.6s at 114 in 42 degree temps), what's their excuse?

Listen, I am not refuting the improvements made to the Corvette and the motor in general, they ARE improvements/true power increases and I would (and might some day) be elated to own an LS3 Corvette and I too know that in time a bone stock LS3 will run quicker than a 12.21...but in order for any of these crazy high dyno numbers to make sense the car should really be running substantially quicker than the LS2s, and they aren't.
Just curious if people still think that a bone stock LS3 will go 11s.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Of course the LS3's whip on the LS2's. Open your eyes and mind, man.
On the highway or at THE END of a 1/4 mile maybe but if you'd truly like to show/prove just how the LS3s whip on the LS2s I'm listening.
The term whip might imply that one car obliterates another, if the LS3 is faster at all it is only barely so, no whipping or obliterating going on here, just a slightly faster car.
Open your eyes and mind, man.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

hahahahaha, okay bitch box boy. Now go run along and push the "go" pedal and preach to everyone about how hard it is to launch lol.

I said it in a previous post, find these other threads where I am bashing LS2's and saying they are worthless POS's....you did a nice job of side stepping it.

Now respond back telling me you grew up driving manual tranny's and how you are soooo good at them and you are a direct descendant from Michael Schumacher and "oh boy, if you ever saw me drive, you would be so mad crazy impressed you would implode". I am done with this thread, you bore me now. For the record, I graduated from the University of Auburn in Mechanical Eng. with a business minor and bought my vette BY MYSELF. Don't be jealous at other peoples success at a younger age than yourself.

lol...I'm 33, been retired for over a year, have paid for all the cars in the driveway and garage (SRT8 Charger,Z51 Vette,Avalanche), own my home and land, and have nothing better to do than drive my C6, sit on here, laugh at your dumb ***, talk to REAL drivers, like LS1 LT1, Dennis,Unit, etc..about the cars and racing,go to the track and run, go get tattooed, spend time with my wife...who...ummm has a Doctorate and can still out drive your punk bitch *** at the track anyday, and pet my Pit Bull, who can also out drive and out shift your bitch ***. I guess driving a 66 Mustang, a 68 Mustang GT350 (father in law's cars),a 64 Triumph TR-4, my former 79 TA with 383 stroker , all being manual trannied cars, doesn't count since they're not C6s. I thinnk they're a bit dicier to drive than the new stuff, personally, especailly with manual brakes and steering.FWIW , I also have a motorcycle endorsement...ya don't need to now how to shift manually with a bike, huh??..Yeah..I'm jeolous...lol...the only success you've had is making me chuckle at what a moron you are. Your Mech. Eng. degree and $5.75 will get you a small coffee at starbucks, bitch. Your business minor may get you a cashier's job at Wally World. Maybe you can impress the stock clerks there with your driving prowess....pushing shopping carts.

Last edited by Evilways; 02-12-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

lol...I'm 33, been retired for over a year, have paid for all the cars in the driveway and garage, own my home and land, and have nothing better to do than drive my C6
Nice, same here (I think I was 34 when I retired a few years back though ), good feeling huh?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

lol...I'm 33, been retired for over a year, have paid for all the cars in the driveway and garage (SRT8 Charger,Z51 Vette,Avalanche), own my home and land, and have nothing better to do than drive my C6, sit on here, laugh at your dumb ***, talk to REAL drivers, like LS1 LT1, Dennis,Unit, etc..about the cars and racing,go to the track and run, go get tattooed, spend time with my wife...who...ummm has a Doctorate and can still out drive your punk bitch *** at the track anyday, and pet my Pit Bull, who can also out drive and out shift your bitch ***. I guess driving a 66 Mustang, a 68 Mustang GT350 (father in law's cars),a 64 Triumph TR-4, my former 79 TA with 383 stroker , all being manual trannied cars, doesn't count since they're not C6s. I thinnk they're a bit dicier to drive than the new stuff, personally, especailly with manual brakes and steering.FWIW , I also have a motorcycle endorsement...ya don't need to now how to shift manually with a bike, huh??..Yeah..I'm jeolous...lol...the only success you've had is making me chuckle at what a moron you are. Your Mech. Eng. degree and $5.75 will get you a small coffee at starbucks, bitch. Your business minor may get you a cashier's job at Wally World. Maybe you can impress the stock clerks there with your driving prowess....pushing shopping carts.

LMAO, calm down guys! Lets just enjoy the rides. If we are going to dog anyone, why not FORD!

:l ock::chu g:
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Why don't we meet up to see if you can run that big mouth of yours in person like you do on the internet. Come on **** face, your in NC, I am in Ga. I am just a little nerdy Engineer that should have worked at starbucks, what threat could I be?? I am sure there is a track in SC we could meet at.

BTW, true to form, you responded with all of your manaul tranny driving prowess. You are so ******* pathetic and predictable. Your next response is how big and strong you are and how you would wring my little neck in person and blah blah blah. This would be the SECOND time I have met a internet ******** in the person, wonder how this one will go down lol.

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-12-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Didn't have time to read the thread but C5Z's have torque management too,(as does almost every car) but it seems like the obsession with TM seemed to surface with the c6 platform.
c6 Z06's in stock form seemed to run just fine as TM may have actually helped et. And people cried about having it without much knowledge of how it affected their car, if if it did.
I still think the Ls3's need more time to put up some numbers.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

LMAO congrats on your "accomplishments" marriage boy

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1890682

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
lol it looks like the topic strayed off course, my opinion was in the market 2 months ago for a vette, my budget was 35k cash, i was either going to buy a C5 Z06, an 06Z51 M6, or put a huge down payment on a brand new LS3. The first car i drove was an 06 LS2 Z51 1LT M6 car black with a little over 3k on it, i felt the car had plenty of pull, the rear end gearing i didnt really feel to be a huge noticeable difference in the Z51 over a nonZ51 C6. I did, however, feel the car lagged 3rd gear out but seemed to redeem its self a bit through 4th and 5th. The LS3 was a certain slight improvement, there was a special factory equipment exhaust that made the car really sound alive but it wasnt night and day performance difference from LS2 and LS3 very slight at most. I drove these cars both at the same dealer the same day, dry roads maybe 45ish degrees out........at another local sports car dealer (superior auto) there sat a bright red 02 Z06 which obviously i drove. The car was red with crome Z06s (which slightly dissapointed me for the fact that i want the special grey rims but whatever) the car was beautiful with only 9800miles on it. he was stuk at 35800$ for the car wich rightfully so it was a beautiful car!! so n e way jsut like the magazines say, juice the gas in an LS6 and it just leaps to 5grand!!!! It just felt like the damn thing was pulling so hard through every gear but before i even remembered......it hit me when i hit 5th gear!!! lol it dropped off like 350 rpm !!WOAH!!! THE INFAMOUS M12!! that effin car got to 150MPH like it was its job!! Not to mention the looks of a C5 frc Z06 car cannot be beat but im keeping that out of question to be fair on both cars and compare the 3 stock for stock performance. I guess bottom line the C5Z06 is a race car, its gearing is crazy! They pull like raped animals! My personal opinion the only car thats going to beat a quality running 02^ Z06 is an 05^Z06.............BTW the car i ended up getting was an 03 50th anniversary Z06 in quicksilver metallic with a touch over 30k on it for 31k and sum change after tax. Its all stock except for the Bassani after cat exhaust system......it was the fastest almost stock vette i have been in so far, i love it! haha its my garage queen! or king however u wanna look at it

Congrate on the purchase. Nice to hear your take on the three cars, plus having driven all 3 of them.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Teching In

I think you are wrong..... or deluded.

How is a stock C5Z - with what 355 RWHP - going to do anything with an LS3 that handily has 25-35 RWHP and Torque over it? You must have a C5.
Gearing. Lighter vehicle. No Torque Management (to the extent the C6 does).

I have yet to hear of an LS3 (or LS2 for that matter) running an 11.7x quarter-mile pass BONE STOCK, which a C5Z has done.

A C5Z will trap anywhere from 112 ('01) to 119. Average traps are 115/116. RWHP is anywhere from 340 to 370+.

Last edited by 05WhiteSRT4; 02-12-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 vs LS3??