Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 Z06 vs LS3??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel044
Well I got a roll race in with a LS3 and with my mods we were door to door. The LS3 had Intake & Exhaust. My mods are intake,exhaust,cam. We went from 40 roll and there was no winner. The LS3 is very quick. Suprised me. Also he had the weight advantage as I had a passenger and he did not. I would like to run again 1 on 1.
If we were closer, I'd be happy to run for fun.

While my supercharged 98 is stupid fast, a few mods on this LS3, make it a pretty fast car!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

So far, my car when it was bone stock out E.T.'d and OUT MPH'ED 2 intake/header/exhaust C5Z's at my local track where both of them ran. All of this crap about E.T. and what not, when referring to roll on races, take the best E.T.'s for LS2's and LS3's and throw them out of the window. The only thing that can be pulled from 1/4 mile times in regards to roll on races is the trap speed, which shows how much power the car is making. To date, the FASTEST TRAPS BELONG TO THE LS3'S....THIS MEANS GOODBYE LS2 WHEN IT COMES TO A ROLL RACE. The end. No more winning or complaining because your down 30hp and mad that GM put the LS3 in the 08's. Thats the cold hard truth. Every peron with an LS2 would be FASTER if they had 30 more hp....they may not be QUICKER, but they would be faster(aka - more mph). If a stock LS2 and a I/H/E LS2 were to race, who would win and by how much(from a roll)? The outcome would be the exact way a stock LS2 vs a stock LS3 would turn out in regards to a roll on. TM does not hinder you NEARLY as much from a roll on. To date, I have yet to see any stock C5Z go faster than 113mph at my track.

For the record, the LS2's still hold the quickest 1/4 ET's bone stock. That WILL fall, its only a matter of time. Unlike the uneducated among the LS2 crowd, I know that a test sample of LS3 track times not even 6 months after its release is not enough to conclude jack diddly.

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-11-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
11 Second Club

Hey, I am interested in TORCO, what does it do????
Old 02-11-2008, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1.8t
So far, my car when it was bone stock out E.T.'d and OUT MPH'ED 2 intake/header/exhaust C5Z's at my local track where both of them ran. All of this crap about E.T. and what not, when referring to roll on races, take the best E.T.'s for LS2's and LS3's and throw them out of the window. The only thing that can be pulled from 1/4 mile times in regards to roll on races is the trap speed, which shows how much power the car is making. To date, the FASTEST TRAPS BELONG TO THE LS3'S....THIS MEANS GOODBYE LS2 WHEN IT COMES TO A ROLL RACE. The end. No more winning or complaining because your down 30hp and mad that GM put the LS3 in the 08's. Thats the cold hard truth. Every peron with an LS2 would be FASTER if they had 30 more hp....they may not be QUICKER, but they would be faster(aka - more mph). If a stock LS2 and a I/H/E LS2 were to race, who would win and by how much(from a roll)? The outcome would be the exact way a stock LS2 vs a stock LS3 would turn out in regards to a roll on. TM does not hinder you NEARLY as much from a roll on. To date, I have yet to see any stock C5Z go faster than 113mph at my track.

For the record, the LS2's still hold the quickest 1/4 ET's bone stock. That WILL fall, its only a matter of time. Unlike the uneducated among the LS2 crowd, I know that a test sample of LS3 track times not even 6 months after its release is not enough to conclude jack diddly.
Good gawd....write a book, why don't ya? Got some built up angst agaisnt the LS2 for some reason, huh....guess one burned your *** down on the hwy or track at some point, or maybe you just have nothing better to do than talk **** about another engine in the same frickin' car . They're both Vettes, both GM products, both fast, but without modification(tune,bolt ons,tires,etc..) an LS3 will not out run a stock LS2 at the track with the driver varible being equal.On the HWY, I'd say the LS3 may pull on the LS2 a little, but by 140-150, you're gonna be door to door again. Get over your damned ranting about the LS3 being sooooo superior.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

I have not lost to another corvette.....periode. Why write a book, because you LS2 boys just don't get it. Give credit where credit is due!

How can you honestly sit there and say 2 identical cars, one with 30 MORE hp AND with a better powerband, is barely faster than the other?? How on gods green earth can you honestly sit there and say that? Are you that ignorant? You think 30 MORE hp only equals 1 car length...LMAO. Not to mention, most LS3's are dyno'ing 40+hp more, so its even more than the "ratings" suggest.

Answer me this, when you were stock, you had a good idea of how fast your car was correct? Ok, now when you had an intake, headers, exhaust, and a tune, your telling me that your car was barely a car faster than it was before. Well hell, guess there is no point in doing all of that because your only going to drop a tenth or 2 and add 1~2mph with all of those mods right?

Look what my car did with 30 more hp and 40 more wtq. I picked up almost 1/2 a second and 4.5mph from this phatom whp in MUCH worse weather than my bone stock run. Yes, TM was deleted, but since you are referencing a roll on race, TM is almost a non-exsistent intrustion. The fact is, you guys are trying to feel like your motors aren't obsolete and worthless. Well, they are not, they are great motors. However, they ARE slower than LS3's....and its much more than a car lengths difference regardless of what you think.

Now you will respond with links to "the list" on CF showing how some LS2's ran in some mineshaft DA's @ some of the best tracks in the country and cite how that is the "norm" from the LS2. I can't wait until I can pull up all of these posts after these LS3's have marinated at the tracks for a couple of years and shredded the stock times list.

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-11-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Now you will respond with links to "the list" on CF showing how some LS2's ran in some mineshaft DA's @ some of the best tracks in the country and cite how that is the "norm" from the LS2. I can't wait until I can pull up all of these posts after these LS3's have marinated at the tracks for a couple of years and shredded the stock times list.
No...actually, I'm gonna respond with this....STFU, goob.
You try and start some sort of LS2 vs LS3 thing every forum you get on. What a sad little existance, to live vicariously through a specific motor's placement on a list on a forum. Look, for the last time, according to hundreds of runs by both LS2 and LS3 cars(many LS3 haven't even scratched the "list" so that why they're not as represented) the LS2 has shown to be equal or better in every catagory than the LS3. Yes, someone may come along and knock the LS2 off the list at some point, but just the same, a stock LS2 may roll up to the line one day and throw a 12.0 at your ***. No one thought 10's were possible for a stock LS7 Z, it took a few years and then..it happened. Grow up, driving is for big people and you , my not-so-friend, sit at the kiddy's table.

Last edited by Evilways; 02-11-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

LMAO, ok pal, your right. Hey everyone, GM acutally downgraded with their new "upgrades." The LS3 is infact weaker than the LS2, all of the dyno's that have been posted are rigged and even GM's own test numbers showing it burning the LS2 are in fact, false. All because Evilways doesn't have the the brain power to see that two identical cars in every way, the one with 30+hp more is faster lol. Thank you for exposing the truth Evilways, now I am seeing more clearly. Anyone wanna trade my LS3 for an LS2, I need 30 less hp so I can lay down some sick et's and mph.

BTW, I find it hilarous that you completely side step my whole post and go straight to the "end." Stop being a hater and give credit where it is due....or are you pissed because an LS3 with an intake and DR's(mcv) has run almost as fast as your car when you had to spend all of that money

BTW, you might wanna check registration dates before calling someone a newb lol. I have been here a LOT LONGER than your ***. Now side step the part of his post that makes you look like an idiot and only quote the parts where you can call me a kiddy lol. Oh, and do point to where I have started this argument elsewhere...

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-11-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

LMAO, ok pal, your right. Hey everyone, GM acutally downgraded with their new "upgrades." The LS3 is infact weaker than the LS2, all of the dyno's that have been posted are rigged and even GM's own test numbers showing it burning the LS2 are in fact, false. All because Evilways doesn't have the the brain power to see that two identical cars in every way, the one with 30+hp more is faster lol. Thank you for exposing the truth Evilways, now I am seeing more clearly. Anyone wanna trade my LS3 for an LS2, I need 30 less hp so I can lay down some sick et's and mph.

BTW, I find it hilarous that you completely side step my whole post and go straight to the "end." Stop being a hater and give credit where it is due....or are you pissed because an LS3 with an intake and DR's(mcv) has run as fast as your car when you had to spend all of that money

BTW, you might wanna check registration dates before calling someone a newb lol. I have been here a LOT LONGER than your ***. I hope you haven't been into cars for very long because you are making a fool of yourself.
I didn't actually call you a newb, I called you a goob...I should just call you a ****ing dumba$$. I never said the LS3 wasn't more powerful, nor did I say the LS3 wouldn't pull on an LS2 at some point in the MPH range. I also never stated the LS3 didn't dyno higher than the LS2. WHAT I DID SAY WAS THAT WITH STOCK PROGRAMMING, THE LS2 IS QUICKER THAN THE LS3 DUE TO THE LS3 BEING MORE RESTRICTED BY TM. With a tune removing the TM, the LS3 should be a little quicker in the 1/4. I could care less what the mcv car did. If I was a vendor pitching a product, I'd say that my car had phenominal results form my product as well.It's always nice to see, as well, one good run and a ton of not so good runs by the exact same car, same day, same mods...hmmmm.I run pretty consistant, between 11.4 and 11.5 all day long and on factory street tires, which are less predictable than stickier rubber. As for money, I bet you spend more on cat food in a week than I have on the mods on the vette. I have less than $5k invested, parts and labor, and if you count in that I sold off the older parts, I have less than $2900.00 in it. I could care less about how long you've been a member wherever it may be, because you've been a "member" (*****, for those who are slow) since you've been born.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I have $2500 in my vette, including the tune. I do all my own work, so thats just what parts cost me and I have no desire to tune this car as I had enough of that from my last car. As for penises, keep that to yourself buddy. You may portray the steretype, but some of us are more gifted than others. BTW, nice to see your punkass getting pissy on an internet forum, I love hypocrites lol.

I am sure we can get a thread lock in 3....2.....1....

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

wow...$2500 bucks huh...I was hitting 12.0's flat back when I had a $450 cam and a tune two Jan.s ago. LS1LT1, in his LS2 C6 hit 12.2's without ANY mods.....deal with it.

wait a minute...I just figured out why you give me sooo much grief...I've got the same heads and intake from the LS3 (actually, Holden,Aussie plant) and the LS2 I have responded better to them than your LS3 does, and they came stock on yours....lol. Lets see..The LS3 has bigger displacement,better cai,better exhaust,more aggressive cam,better flowing heads and intake...yet....still not on top of any "lists" are ya.....and to rub some salt in, I, Evilways, have taken your heads and intake , along with some headers,a cai,an exhaust,a cam,and tune,AND running on stock tires, and have hit mid 11's consistantly. The LS3 has everything I mentioned except the custom tune and it has bigger displacement than my LS2. That means that a tune only LS3 should turn mid 11's on street tires....but...nope.....

I only say these things for two reasons:
1) they're true
2) to **** you off

I love that there's an LS3 out there, without it , we wouldn't be getting the ZR1 . There's no friction between the LS2/LS3 owners outside of a handful of jerks like ol "cat in the hat" here"1.8"...they're both great motors,and are in America's greatest sports car, the Vette.

Last edited by Evilways; 02-11-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

Lol are you seriously trying to compare you cam'ed LS3 headed LS2 to my intake, exhaust(no hp gain), header, and tune LS3. Honestly, I am flattered lol. I don't give a f*ck what LS1LT1 ran, he doesn't run at my track under the same conditions as me, so I could care less to compare.....see the "mineshaft DA's @ the best tracks in the country" comment previously posted. As for you, do some more crying and come up with some more outlandish stories of your friends cars E.T.'ing so well and how your head swap/cam'ed LS2 is so much better than my leasly bolt on LS3. You are worth your weight in gold for comedic value...I don't think I have ever run into a bigger tool lol.

Edit: I have DR's for the next trip to the track, I will report back how deep in the 11's I get with my oh so heavily modded car lol

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-11-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah...125MPH is trapping like ****....lol....gawd you're pathetic.....

lol...you changed your post...guess you saw the trap speed...lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

I was referring to your god LS1LT1's trap speed, not yours. I edited to include my little comment about the track hotshot

Btw, here is this monster cam the LS3 supposedly comes with in comparison to the LS2 spec wise. http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/2008...rvette/229001/

Let me tell you, an LS2 w/ this cam might make 500hp lol. Lets save the rest of the smack talk for after my DR passes. Street tires can be tough to launch with a 6MT, especially with the stock C6 clutch and clutch spring. Oh wait, you wouldn't know anything about those with the "easy way out" automatic lol. I will give you props though, at least you got the color right and it sounds good. My Rt. 66 seems to be too quiet, I may have to grab some bullets

Last edited by 1.8t; 02-11-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

You're just reaching now....stop trying to get me pissed by talking **** about my tranny choice. I can out shift your *** anyday in a M6 and my A6 is more consistant and shifts faster than any manual I've ever driven(which is quite a few, wise ***).
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
While I do for the most part agree, I think the 'from a roll' race might yield different results, I think from a roll the stock LS3 might take the stock C5 Z06, even if only by a little bit.
I think you are wrong..... or deluded.

How is a stock C5Z - with what 355 RWHP - going to do anything with an LS3 that handily has 25-35 RWHP and Torque over it? You must have a C5.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
That makes total sense and I do agree ...but please explain why the quickest of the stock LS3s has yet to post an ET beating the quickest of the stock LS2s. And I'm just looking for it to beat it of course, but honestly, based on the dyno numbers the LS3 should ANNIHILATE the LS2 in stock trim.
Yet it doesn't.
Of course the LS3's whip on the LS2's. Open your eyes and mind, man.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JBSSCEDC5
You know Evil, You have made it your business to dog me from one forum to the next about the videos I put up. You seem to have a real problem with the different girls I put in there for fun. It really makes me start to wonder if there is some other reason you don't like seeing pretty women on the net...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Evilways

other forums have been victims of mass-torco-ad-laden videos as well. I don't need big boobed gals and staged videos to blow cars off the track, lol. Seriously, throwing an ad in is totally...like Bunk said...lame.

What's wrong with a girl that has big ****?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JBSSCEDC5
I'm really tired of all the Torco bashing, if you don't use it that's fine. I'm not here to try and sell any... Can we just move on, like LS1LT1 said, let's just enjoy our rides. Last I checked, this is the Corvette section, and we all have Vetts.
I guess my whole thing is it lacks crediblity when you run a car, at high speed when he is a disadvantage then put a Torco "AD" in the middle. Hey, my car was tuned with Torco in California. I was moving to Florida with its 93 octane while CA obviously had only 91 octane....thus it was used to enhance the CA gas so the shop could give me a more aggressive tune. The LS3 track numbers speak enough, great mph with some great ET's.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hybreeder
Of course the LS3's whip on the LS2's. Open your eyes and mind, man.
Not from the best times posted on the net. The LS2 still owns. It is unfair though to compare numbers from different tracks on different days. At some point, a good LS3 driver has got to hit ATCO on a good day and set the standard. It ain't gonna happen at Fontana in August though. Certainly not at the podunk track where I live.

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 vs LS3??