Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

mods for vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default mods for vette

this is the particular forum i was looking for...i've got a 98 vette,auto trans,vararam,and borla stinger.i want to know whats the best thing to do next.thinking HEADERS , but what kind to get, maybe pacesetter coated,cause they are the least expensive i have come across while surfing. also i was thinking about underdrive pulley, maf, and throttle bodies ,but what should i do first.i've been without my vette due to overseas action for almost 8 months now so im very HUNGRY to get started...please any feed back will greatly benefit my decisions.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: mods for vette

you might try www.corvetteforum.com also

there doesn't seem to get much traffic in here

Headers are a good choice. Cam is always nice. since you have an auto look into a torque converter/tranny cooler/shift kit. Pulley, throttle body, etc (all that you mentioned) are good starts.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:48 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WElcome back, now for a few things, what gear ratio is in the car. As for the best change, if you have a stock gear, a torque converter and a gear swap are the best bang for the buck followed by a cam change. Look at a set of ported 5.3L heads from Patriot for about $1299. As for header, get the new LGM long tubes. The Pacesetters are junk. Only buy a long tube header, all the "shorties" are useless. Underdrive pulley is good, but is a lot of work to put on. Stay away from aftermarket MAF, they are only a source of problems. Ported TB is only worth about 1-2 HP if any.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

I agree with J-Rod.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

WElcome back, now for a few things, what gear ratio is in the car. As for the best change, if you have a stock gear, a torque converter and a gear swap are the best bang for the buck followed by a cam change. As for header, get the new LGM long tubes. Stay away from aftermarket MAF, they are only a source of problems.
is there a website specifically for LGM headers? Aftermarket as in Granitelli?and it does have stock gears, so i was reading alot of feedback on vigilante TQ conv.,but they seem pretty steep.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

where would i have to go in order to find 3.42 gears for my car.also, how much would a LS6 intake benefit my car.my goal is to be able to romp on my buddy who's got an '03 cobra with a few mods,and he's the only person i raced who made me look like a turtle while at home during christmas.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

don't bother w/ the LS6 intake unless you have headers and a cam

Quick Reply: mods for vette