Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Oh I was thnking you were doing a trick valve setup for the 3.90 bore. But still interested to see the results.
No, nothing ultra trick here. Just a typo that caused all sorts of confusion.

The heads are still sporting the 2.08/1.600 valves. That is about as trick as the head setup gets.

I've got all of the final parts I need to button the car up and get it on the road. It should be mobile this evening. Lucky for me, though, it's going to start raining tonight/tomorrow so that will some of my driving/tuning.

I'll post my impressions of driving the car in it's horribly un-tuned state when I get it going.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Some photos of the nearly final product. Also a comparison of the stock throttle body versus the 95mm piece from RevXtreme.
Attached Thumbnails New combo-driver_complete_640x480.jpg   New combo-front_complete_640x480.jpg   New combo-pass_complete_640x480.jpg   New combo-stock_95_640x480.jpg  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Got to drive around for a while this evening.

After getting the car cured of it's "airflow vs TPS correlation high" errors (thanks to Scott at Intune), it moved quite well under it's own power.

Initial impressions...I've got to re-learn how to drive the car. The throttle position I'd used before to pull away from a stop would garner quite a bit more RPM. Throttle response is quick to say the least. I never went past ~40% TPS and still it seemed to have power everywhere. After driving, I'm a bit more optimistic about the power that the car will make.

I can't wait to get it all dialed in.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LinearX
Got to drive around for a while this evening.

After getting the car cured of it's "airflow vs TPS correlation high" errors (thanks to Scott at Intune), it moved quite well under it's own power.

Initial impressions...I've got to re-learn how to drive the car. The throttle position I'd used before to pull away from a stop would garner quite a bit more RPM. Throttle response is quick to say the least. I never went past ~40% TPS and still it seemed to have power everywhere. After driving, I'm a bit more optimistic about the power that the car will make.

I can't wait to get it all dialed in.

That is AWESOME bro !! Glad you got to drive the beast. Can't wait to see what she puts down. I am pulling for high numbers.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Back up from the dead with this one.

Finally put the car on the local Mustang Dyno (so lovingly named the Heartbreaker) today.

415/368 are the final numbers.

I'm not able to take a good photo of the dyno sheet so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to scan it.

I can't thank Scott at Intune enough for burning a Sunday to do the WOT tuning and put the final touches on driveability.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Teching In

congrats brother the vette looks and sounds intoxicating!!! Good luck
Old 04-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mpaige22
congrats brother the vette looks and sounds intoxicating!!! Good luck
I'm happy with it! Several of my friends on I were placing guesses on what we thought the car would make. It made what I guessed, but I'm sure I don't get anything for it!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Teching In

haha...beside a rediculousley fast vette......advantage....YOU..lol

Quick Reply: New combo