Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

predator Programmer, is it worth it for my Zo6

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me your recommendation on which company has the best tune for the 6.1 jeeps.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Launching!

wow alot of good and bad comments guys. so what kind of power could i see realisticly over my stock zo6 tune?? remember i only have intake, exhaust, t/b bypass on it. Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Well, I see both sides of this argument, but bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with the Predator tunes.
I would venture to say that those who have referred to it as crap have never tuned a car, likely have never opened any tuning software, they are basing this off what the guy selling them a $500 custom tune for a stock car told them....lol.

The Predator can also grow with you as you modify the car...you have a certain amount of adjustability built in to the tool, plus the option of having any of our CMR dealers build a custom tune for just about any application (like V-series' 600+rwhp C5).
I had a dealer up north last week finish up a 850rwhp Procharged 402, flashed with a Predator. Customer could not be happier.

If the OP has any specific questions or comments on the Predator for the 04 Z06, feel free to post up, PM me, or shoot me an email.

Thanks
Mike
I have a 2006 ls2 6 speed vette. I plan on doing full intake and full exhaust on it. Will the tuning ability of the predator get me the same results as a dyno tune with hp tuners?
Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike, I am in Nashville. How close are on of CMR dealers to me?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Launching!

ttt!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Give me your recommendation on which company has the best tune for the 6.1 jeeps.
The Pedator is the best option, hands down.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BPLS1
wow alot of good and bad comments guys. so what kind of power could i see realisticly over my stock zo6 tune?? remember i only have intake, exhaust, t/b bypass on it. Thanks
The 02-04 Z06s' were tuned pretty well from the factory, but theres another 15 or so rwhp on the table, plus the ability to disable CAGS, alter rev limits, and dial in fuel/timing to your needs.

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I have a 2006 ls2 6 speed vette. I plan on doing full intake and full exhaust on it. Will the tuning ability of the predator get me the same results as a dyno tune with hp tuners?
If not the same, close...depending on how much time you spend dialing inthe tune, it can be perfect.

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Mike, I am in Nashville. How close are on of CMR dealers to me?
Not sure I can post the results here....click on the dealer locator link on our website and enter you zip code, it till display the 5 closest CMR dealers.

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-30-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does the Diablo turn the rear 02s off if you delete your cats?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Well here goes,
I bought and used the Predator. Afterwards the car was better than stock. But developed issues. Eventually I went to a well known shop in the area and had him do some adjustments. He told me that the tune that was in the car was half assed and he did some adjusting. Car ran great afterwards, but there was still something missing. I finally herd of the tuner that is in my sig, Took the car to him and about 3 hours later and some test rides, we were done. Outcome fantastic, totally different car!! I don't know who some of you guys are going to but this guy lets me know that he has saved my tune and that if I up grade any parts he will just charge a very small fee to retune for those parts. If the car goes to the dealer ship and gets reflashed. He will reinstall the custom tune back into the car no charge. I got a street tune. After I go H/C I am going back for a full dyno tune, for a small fee. I still have the Predator, and wanted to sell it but the Kind folks at Diablo Sport want $ 75.00 - 100.00 to reset it. First I pay $425.00 + shipping then they want to reinstall the Vette Tax by asking another 100.00 for what amounts to less than 5-10 minutes and no sweat. Nice! So beware , I would have to be crazy to invest $ 525 + shipping for this. Having said all that, for the price, and their crappy service this thing is a piece of crap. Honest price for this thing should be around 300.00 bucks, and for someone who already paid them their 400+ fee, the unlock should be free as part of their customer support. Even if someone picked one up used. Expensive door stop
Old 05-02-2008, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Does the Diablo turn the rear 02s off if you delete your cats?
It does have this ability, yes.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-02-2008, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by twospeed
Well here goes,
I bought and used the Predator. Afterwards the car was better than stock. But developed issues. Eventually I went to a well known shop in the area and had him do some adjustments. He told me that the tune that was in the car was half assed and he did some adjusting. Car ran great afterwards, but there was still something missing. I finally herd of the tuner that is in my sig, Took the car to him and about 3 hours later and some test rides, we were done. Outcome fantastic, totally different car!! I don't know who some of you guys are going to but this guy lets me know that he has saved my tune and that if I up grade any parts he will just charge a very small fee to retune for those parts. If the car goes to the dealer ship and gets reflashed. He will reinstall the custom tune back into the car no charge. I got a street tune. After I go H/C I am going back for a full dyno tune, for a small fee. I still have the Predator, and wanted to sell it but the Kind folks at Diablo Sport want $ 75.00 - 100.00 to reset it. First I pay $425.00 + shipping then they want to reinstall the Vette Tax by asking another 100.00 for what amounts to less than 5-10 minutes and no sweat. Nice! So beware , I would have to be crazy to invest $ 525 + shipping for this. Having said all that, for the price, and their crappy service this thing is a piece of crap. Honest price for this thing should be around 300.00 bucks, and for someone who already paid them their 400+ fee, the unlock should be free as part of their customer support. Even if someone picked one up used. Expensive door stop
Ummm, all you have to do is put the stock tune back in the car to unlock the Predator, no need to send it here or pay for anything....
If you did not restore it before the 2nd or 3rd tuner took a whack at it, then restoring it now will set the PCM back to stock and require that you have the tuner reflash the tune to the PCM.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-02-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Pedator is the best option, hands down.

Which company for the jeeps has the best Pre-fabd versions of the predator.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

to Mike@Diablosport
Even though I took a shot at your company you still took the high road and pointed me in the right direction. I still believe that a tune through a lap top using tuning software is better, but I have to say that you Sir are a gentleman. Makes me feel uncomfortable for even speaking my mind. I tell you what, you made me a fan! Now I don’t know if I am going to get rid of it, aint that a kick in the head.
If I can ever help you out let me know. I help run a mortgage company. No I’m not trolling for business here just trying to return the favor.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

It does have this ability, yes.

Thanks
Mike
Good, thanks. I am not going to get a dyno tune until I get my maggie. I am almost positive I will be using a diablo for all my bolt ons now that you have shed some light on the situation with the diablo.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

EFFF NO!

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Old 05-04-2008, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by twospeed
to Mike@Diablosport
Even though I took a shot at your company you still took the high road and pointed me in the right direction. I still believe that a tune through a lap top using tuning software is better, but I have to say that you Sir are a gentleman. Makes me feel uncomfortable for even speaking my mind. I tell you what, you made me a fan! Now I don’t know if I am going to get rid of it, aint that a kick in the head.
If I can ever help you out let me know. I help run a mortgage company. No I’m not trolling for business here just trying to return the favor.
No problem, it is my pleasure.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Good, thanks. I am not going to get a dyno tune until I get my maggie. I am almost positive I will be using a diablo for all my bolt ons now that you have shed some light on the situation with the diablo.
I'll tell you what, our GM tuner has some great Maggie tunes in his library...V-series Tech can tell you about the huge power gains and mileage improvements we have made on some of his customers Maggie'd cars and trucks.
Let me know when you are ready to make the jump, we'll hook you p with a tune.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Teching In

i used the Xcal II (sorry mike) when i messed with mustangs. one of the things i liked about it was that my tuner could email me a tune file; i load it into the programmer and then to the car.

now that i have an 03 Z06, i have a Predator. i had a local tuner dynotune the car with a custom tune using the hand held.

my question: can i email tunes back and forth like the other product?

to others: mail order tunes are pretty close for cars with common mods and only minimally hold back for safety. my tuner said it was pretty much 98% correct for my mods. thats the key: you must let the writer know what mods you have. of course, dynotunes will extract that little that is left on the table. but you have to pay tuers fees, dyno time, etc.

so, what im trying to say is that handhelds definately have their place. they may be better for some and custom tunes will be better for others.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Over-torque
i used the Xcal II (sorry mike) when i messed with mustangs. one of the things i liked about it was that my tuner could email me a tune file; i load it into the programmer and then to the car.

now that i have an 03 Z06, i have a Predator. i had a local tuner dynotune the car with a custom tune using the hand held.

my question: can i email tunes back and forth like the other product?

to others: mail order tunes are pretty close for cars with common mods and only minimally hold back for safety. my tuner said it was pretty much 98% correct for my mods. thats the key: you must let the writer know what mods you have. of course, dynotunes will extract that little that is left on the table. but you have to pay tuers fees, dyno time, etc.

so, what im trying to say is that handhelds definately have their place. they may be better for some and custom tunes will be better for others.
Yes, email tunes are an option with the Predator for sure.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-07-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll tell you what, our GM tuner has some great Maggie tunes in his library...V-series Tech can tell you about the huge power gains and mileage improvements we have made on some of his customers Maggie'd cars and trucks.
Let me know when you are ready to make the jump, we'll hook you p with a tune.

Thanks
Mike

Multiple maggie tunes from you guys. We've done about 60 magnacharger installs,...2 of which had anothe rprogram/tuner....then we got smart and used diablosport,..60(just blowers alone not to mention turbo and NA setups) and severla years later....we haven't had any PCM related issues....or mechanical for that matter.

Tunes are always right on.

Quick Reply: predator Programmer, is it worth it for my Zo6