Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New Z06 owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clean I love the black, great car at a great price!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Congrats You'll definitely love the huge difference between the two cars!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
what about the tsp's im waiting for infooooo lol
I love my TSP lt's that don't make the greatest X pipe but you can't beat it for the price the install wasn't that bad good luck with the o2 sensors they gave me alot of trouble had to drill the tunnel out so they would fit
Old 05-24-2008, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
trick when putting in the TSP's, pull the starter and if you can get to it, pull the bolt on the steering shaft and move it to the side. it'll make life ALOT easier. i LOVE my TSP's. Also you are gonna have to have a way to expand the X-pipe where it goes onto the headers. The gap will be too narrow by about 3/4" Fitment isn't the greatest with them but for the price difference it's a MINOR problem. They will bolt up to the rear section well. When you put on the steering shaft you will want to throw some thread locker onto the bolt you have to pull so it doesn't try and back out. Also it can only go on 2 ways so DO NOT turn the wheel or move the wheels after you disconnect it. If you remove the 2 things i said you will have a MUCH easier time installing. Just some help for ya. Nice car, appears to have some exhaust already done to it. like the tips look stamped in those pics. Good color choice too. Also, of all the intakes Vararam and Blackwing's are the BEST intakes. Both will net you better times in the 1/4 but won't help much on the dyno. I went with a K&N but regret it now because i'd net better times with the Vararam or Blackwing~Cole~
Thanks for the help buddy From the sound of things I will need two pieces of 3" exhaust tubeing with a flared end to make up the difference...am I understanding you correctly?

I'm stoked to get on with the modding. Gonna do the exhaust and vararam this weekend, then take her out on the Power Tour. When I get back from Power Tour it will be time for cam, intake and TB, underdrive pulley, rocker arms and a clutch. Planning to put Trick Flows on it this winter. I'm already in love with the Z06! Very impressive car!

My '03 Z06 makes me wanna sell my '99 SS and buy a white '01 Z06 and build a LSX for it! I think I have finally lost my mind! That would be one sick Z06 though!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnTTi Venom
Congrats You'll definitely love the huge difference between the two cars!
Already have noticed a huge difference between the F and Y bodies! My dad had a '03 Z06 as well, but I never really drove it like it is capable of being driven. Buying the Z06 has made me consider cutting back to only one Camaro. Don't know right now...time will tell I suppose. All I can say is that I love my new Z06! It's an incredible performance machine. My car is bone stock right now and it's an absolute blast to drive right now. I've NEVER said that about any stock car i've ever owned...NEVER. I'm used to my 400+ and 500+ RWHP NA Camaro's...that's saying alot for just how phenominal the Z06's are right out of the box.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

I just got a 01 z06 also, its red with the gray wheels i paid 23k and its got 64k miles on it now i was wondering if anyone knew why my oil pressure gauge was pegged out at 80psi and the digital gauge says 130psi? possibly the oil pressure sending units bad? Anyone had this problem?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiteboy572ci
I just got a 01 z06 also, its red with the gray wheels i paid 23k and its got 64k miles on it now i was wondering if anyone knew why my oil pressure gauge was pegged out at 80psi and the digital gauge says 130psi? possibly the oil pressure sending units bad? Anyone had this problem?
That's a little strange. I would definitely try and get that figured out. I know the sending unit for the F-bods is like $40-$50 (broke one years ago) so I would think the vette would be the same but I don't know.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Teching In

I almost bought that car. How hilarious! But they had it priced at 30+k when I looked at it.

Where you located?
Old 05-31-2008, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rowin Gearz
So the Vararam is not the best choice? I had read on tech that some guys have had issues with water injestion, but I am willing to give it a shot. Time will tell what I think of the Vararam. I'm gonna put it on tomorrow...we shall see.
honestly the only way you will injest water with the v-ram is if you get into a deeeep puddle and floor it. Ive been caught in a couple of thunderstorms on the frwy and have had no issues with water getting into the motor thru the v-ram. But I try to only drive it on nice sunny weekends anyway
Old 05-31-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats! I hope to own one myself one day!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

congrats that is a beautiful car, what part of VA was it in? Good price too.

Wish they made Speedway white during the 02-04 years because that is the color i want!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
congrats that is a beautiful car, what part of VA was it in? Good price too.

Wish they made Speedway white during the 02-04 years because that is the color i want!
I bought the car in Culpepper, VA. It was a ten hour drive one way from my house in Indianapolis. My buddy and I left Indy at 9PM two weeks ago today, got there at 7:45 AM left with the car at 8:30 AM and hit my driveway at 7 PM Sunday evening. 20 hours of driving done in 22 hours! That was totally insane! It has been worth it so far!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the purchase!

..and the Vararam works just fine.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said 20 hrs of driving in 22 hrs ?? Why were you driving so slow ?? I think you meant 22 hrs of driving distance covered in only 20 hrs ?? If you got home 2 hrs ahead of time congrats. That's moving bro !!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM

No we did the trip in 22 hours, mapquest said it should take 20 hours by driving non stop. The biggest limiting factor was that we were driving my truck. I couldn't keep up with my buddy driving my Z06! I had my truck flat out blowing diesel smoke out the exhaust for most of the drive! My buddy would pull up next to me at cruising speed then down shift to 3rd and disappear...in spite of the long trip and hours behind the wheel it was a blast.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you at least get to drive your z06 PART of the way back? I would be so antcy, seeing it keep taking off. I would have told your friend to pull over and let you drive!

Enjoy it, that is probably THE best bang for buck car for all around performance.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just realized, you let your friend drive/beat on your car all the way home?? While you were humping along in the big *** diesel, hmmm, he must be some friend. Then on the other hand I probably wouldn't have went with you to pick up a car unless I was going to be the one to drive it back !! LOL, just being greedy I guess. Glad you got it home safely, now get some pics posted.

What are your plans for mods ?? (besides the long tubes and orX)
Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I just realized, you let your friend drive/beat on your car all the way home?? While you were humping along in the big *** diesel, hmmm, he must be some friend. Then on the other hand I probably wouldn't have went with you to pick up a car unless I was going to be the one to drive it back !! LOL, just being greedy I guess. Glad you got it home safely, now get some pics posted.

What are your plans for mods ?? (besides the long tubes and orX)
My buddy who went is def. my best friend. I felt like I owed it to him to let him drive the Z06 most of the way back. After all he rode all the way down there in my big *** truck just to pick up my new Z06, now that's a friend.
I drove it for about 2 of the 10 hours on the trip back home. I was def. chomping at the bit to get behind the wheel! I love my truck, but it's a polished turd at best in comparison to the Z06!

My plans for the Z06 are to turn it into a bolt on H/C dominator. I'm shooting for 475-500 RWHP naturally aspirated out of my Z06. I'm going to do the cam, valvetrain, intake, tb, and undredrive pulley after the Power Tour. The Trick Flow heads will be added this winter. I am also thinking about upgrading the wheels to C6 Z06's. I just want something that is streetable and fun, but clearly not stock. You know, I want people to ask me what I have under the hood!

As for my other cars...I think one of them may be expendable at this point. Not real sure what i'm going to do with the line up at this time, but I want to buy a speedway white '01 Z06 and really make it nasty. I'm thinking LSX 454 with some spray, just something totally insane! If I do that I will either sell my truck and get a '01 to '03 F250 crew 4X4 with the 7.3 Powerstroke and run it off of veggie oil. The other option is to sell the '06 F350 as outlined in the previous scenario, and the '99 SS since I will be building the '01 Z06 to a greater power level. Not sure what avenue I will take, but getting there is the fun part.

Lastly, here is a link to some pics I took of my Z06 early last week. She looks pretty good if I do say so myself
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...photo%20shoot/
Old 06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

very nice looking car. good luck on building her up. the right h/c combo should have no problem getting you to 475 rwhp. 500 might be a bit of a push without giving up too much drivability but 500 seems to be the magic number everyone shoots for. Hell that was my target and I fell 10 rwhp short. Seems that LS6 motors for some reason mod better then ls1's. I am sure someone will thoroughly explain this. Good luck on your quest for 500 rwhp.

I really believe that you could hit the magic 500 rwhp mark if not higher by running my cam. The g5x3 vII, TFS 215's, ported 92 mm with inlet opened to match a 95 mm tb, lg pro longtubes 1st choice, Kooks or ARH second choice, and of course the ud pully and meziere ewp to put the icing on the cake. Please look into the g5x3 vII, when Louis from LGM asked me to be the mule for that cam I was happy to do it, and now that I have seen the difference in my car I consider myself lucky. Awesome cam with good manners once tuned properly.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

So how old are you? I wish my dad had a C6Z.