Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Nitto 555RII

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My nittos say Drag Extreme on them. Are mine the R1's ??

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the tires you ordered. Hope they work for ya though, and make sure you get that money back, or try to deal with the company that messed up and get them to DEEP DISCOUNT your front tires for there error. Play up the story on how everything is wrong and what you missed out on due to there error. Good luck hope they take care of you, they should since they F'd up royally and you paid more ($70) for tires you didn't order.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, you have the same ones I was sent. I will be happy with these as long as they handle well in the turns. The IIs have a stiffer sidewall for better handling. How do yours do in turns?

Here is a picture for quick reference of the IIs. You can see the II on the sidewall.

http://images.musclemustangfastfords..._nitto02_z.jpg

I like your idea about using this to get a discount on the fronts. I think I will take your advice on that. That is one reason I do not like ordering from places I do not know. I know sponsors like LG, TSP, and so on are 100% great. These discount tire places can be a little iffy sometimes. I can't ride on bald runflats any longer, I will put these on and get my money back. There are tons of people using them so I should be happy, I definitely will as long as they handle well enough in turns.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Michelin PS2's with proper pressure and temperature are good for any speed thru the curves on the expressway I run on. The nittos don't feel nearly as trustworthy as the Michelins thru the curves. Even at 30psi cold and warmed up to operating temp, I don't trust them above 100 or so. I did push them to 130 thru a mild curve and it didn't feel to safe. JMO. Awesome traction on the street out of the hole, and no spin at all (if warmed up) from low rolls. They just grab and shoot you forward. Oh yeah I didn't like the way they felt on a straight either at 150. Ran them to the top of 4th and said never again.

Quick Reply: Nitto 555RII