Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

h/c C5 with straight pipes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h/c C5 with straight pipes!

TOO LOUD! after the guys at Cunningham Motorsports (cms) wich are a sponsor here did a great job of installing all the parts that are in my sig lol. My dumbass is now running straight pipes wich i had before all the mods and now its too loud! Ryne the shop owner offered to sell me a Ti exhaust so this brings me to my question.....

how will my car sound with a stock z06 Ti exhaust? I want something with a quiet idle but thats still loud enough to hear the car camming away and with a loud WOT. So would the stock Ti flow good and sound good? or should I just get an aftermarket brand and drop the extra coin?

thanx guys. and yes i "searched" the hell out of this and didnt find an exact answer.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

My car is stock, and the Ti is very quiet at idle but revving it up is pretty loud.
So with a cam I think you'll be very pleased. Especially since the Ti is fairly cheap if bought used. Probably around $400-600. I was thinking of going with the Borla straight pipes myself. Mines not a daily driver so...How loud is "too loud"?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

this is from a corvette forum member pit-man http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ZO6Exhaust.flv

sounds nice

and youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0GCCLWchsE
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Badhawk
My car is stock, and the Ti is very quiet at idle but revving it up is pretty loud.
So with a cam I think you'll be very pleased. Especially since the Ti is fairly cheap if bought used. Probably around $400-600. I was thinking of going with the Borla straight pipes myself. Mines not a daily driver so...How loud is "too loud"?
I dont think im overexaggerating when i say my car sounds like a nascar at idle and WOT. so yeah its LOUD
Old 09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
I dont think im overexaggerating when i say my car sounds like a nascar at idle and WOT. so yeah its LOUD
UM, if your on the forums then your car probley sounds like a nascar for sure. Everyone of us knows what your car sounds like, trust me! Get the TI for sure. You know what the Ti stands for right. The Ti will flow perfect and your car will look like a Z from the rear...
Old 09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

im assuming ti stands for titanium since thats what its made out of. but yeah I bought a used ti from Ryne @ cms. finally i can enjoy driving my car!! seriously i used to believe that if its too loud than youre too old but **** that! its too much!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I run my stock Ti with a set of DMH cutouts. I can have race car loud when I want it, and quiet as well. The stock Ti is perfect for cruising and performance, but nothing gets attention like a big cam with cutouts. Good thing you got the Ti. I actually switched back to my Ti from B&B bullets because it was annoying at 6 am driving to work.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

when i had my TI's on my h/c then 416 it was a nice sound, but a hair quiet. I did the TI exhaust mod and Now it is perfect. see if he will do that for you. I think its the best sound you can get.....with no cats and long tubes....of course
Old 09-19-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am running a Z06 Ti on mine. With the headers, high flow cats, and the big cubes it is plenty loud at WOT.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Im running the the stock ti's on mine with h/c headers no cats and cai. The car has a nice idle that you can notice but it's not overly loud. When you go wot the noise goes up a lot, but it's sounds very good. People will hear you at wot from far away, but not miles away like straight pipes.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Launching!

I am also running ti's and think it has a nice sound. After a camaro with headers no cats and a borla with no restrictor plate I got tired of all that nonsense at 4am. Although a few months back one of my pipes got loose and slid back leaving my car straight headers for a little while and well lets just say cutouts are on my list. Loud is good sometimes. My friend told me you couldnt hear my car at the other end of the track.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

WOW I thank all of you guys for your replies, its definetly what I wanted to hear...makes me really feel like i made a good choice on this exhaust. Especially right now since cash is obviously not that big LOL spending big bucks on a namebrand exhaust was never my thing anyways.It also sounds like the stock Ti will flow good and sound good! best $350 ever spent lol.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Well, I run my stock Ti with a set of DMH cutouts. I can have race car loud when I want it, and quiet as well. The stock Ti is perfect for cruising and performance, but nothing gets attention like a big cam with cutouts. Good thing you got the Ti. I actually switched back to my Ti from B&B bullets because it was annoying at 6 am driving to work.
I plan on going this route also with the cutouts in the near future.Gotta be noticeable when showing up at meets or when scaring off the ricers
Old 09-20-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...004&highlight=
i had Ti's on my heads/cam car and it was awesome at WOT. i went back to my B&B just because they did sound nice but they are VERY loud. I want to go with Stingers next
Old 09-20-2008, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
I plan on going this route also with the cutouts in the near future.Gotta be noticeable when showing up at meets or when scaring off the ricers
Yea, they definitely get everyone's attention. As for power though they are only worth about 5 rwhp over my stock Ti exhaust.

Quick Reply: h/c C5 with straight pipes!