Ran my car today in the 1/8th mile, opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Bringing my thread back here. Got the car weighed and with me in it and mostly full tank and all my usuals in the trunk it weighs 3820lbs. I weigh in at 135-140.

I have EFI live now but no wideband yet. I put a different MAF sensor on and the car feels better and my shift point moved up to 6000rpm where they're supposed to be. Feels a good bit stronger up top.

Using the EFI live injector shut off, I shut down each cylinder 1 at a time to look for one that was noticeable weaker and everything seems fine. My plugs look perfect, gapped to 45.

Is there anything else I can look at before I hit the track again? I get bummed every time I think about it anymore. I lost to a buddy in his T/A (m6) and he is just a rebuild with some barely milled heads, ls6 intake, headers, loudmouth. Granted that was before the MAF was fixed.

Could the tune really be THAT bad? I've seen threads on here where people have made 360+ rwhp with the TR230 cam on which mine is based untuned...I just can't see myself gaining 40-50rwhp with a tune over a tune that is supposed to be for the cam but maybe I'm wrong or maybe there was some kinda bad accident with the tune.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Bringing my thread back here. Got the car weighed and with me in it and mostly full tank and all my usuals in the trunk it weighs 3820lbs. I weigh in at 135-140.

I have EFI live now but no wideband yet. I put a different MAF sensor on and the car feels better and my shift point moved up to 6000rpm where they're supposed to be. Feels a good bit stronger up top.

Using the EFI live injector shut off, I shut down each cylinder 1 at a time to look for one that was noticeable weaker and everything seems fine. My plugs look perfect, gapped to 45.

Is there anything else I can look at before I hit the track again? I get bummed every time I think about it anymore. I lost to a buddy in his T/A (m6) and he is just a rebuild with some barely milled heads, ls6 intake, headers, loudmouth. Granted that was before the MAF was fixed.

Could the tune really be THAT bad? I've seen threads on here where people have made 360+ rwhp with the TR230 cam on which mine is based untuned...I just can't see myself gaining 40-50rwhp with a tune over a tune that is supposed to be for the cam but maybe I'm wrong or maybe there was some kinda bad accident with the tune.
Please stop playing around with that car and get a real good tune. I went from 8.39 to 7.79 with stall and gear added to my mods, I still need a tune, so i need to stop playing around with my car too. Can't wait to see how much that tune pick u up. GOOD LUCK