New best and runner up in trophy class

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New best and runner up in trophy class

First off, before the long story. Went to the track again and got a new best of 8.86(almost a second faster than my previous). And new best 60' of 2.10.
Well, this will be a long story but i think it's kind of funny. Tonight i went to the track for only the second time. Planning on just making three or four runs and then heading home.
So some guys came out and one guy i happened to know so we were just hangin out and B.S.ing. I had my four runs in and was ready to go. Was talking to the guys in the lanes and lost track of time and the trophy class started. Well, i didn't wanna go the wrong way through the lanes and possibly **** some people off so i threw a time on my window and told the guys "Well, i'm gonna do this run, hopefully lose and go home."
First round, I did great on my reaction time and won. Second round, (still wanting to leave) went slow with reaction but other guy missed a gear and i won again. Third round, don't know what happened but beat a guy i shouldn't have again. All this time i had a time on my window like half a second faster than i was running so i could get knocked out....haha.
So after the third round i said screw it, i'll try to win. Put a more accurate time on my window and got in the final. Ended up getting second place, only losing by .0029 of a second. Basically a blink of an eye.
Sorry for the book. Just thought it was funny. Here is a crappy vid of my 8.86 run. Clarity is horrible b/c its just a Kodak Easy Share Camera.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

CRAP. Sorry bout the format. Wrote it in paragraphs, but it posted all run together
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a picture of my goofy *** with my trophy in the winner's circle. My first trophy with my first LS1. I be a happy man.. Even if i am slow...haha.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha that pretty funny same thing happen to me a few months ago i did bracket racing for the first time and had great beginners luck but it was fun wasnt it? lol
Old 08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, had a blast and got really good with my reaction times. Had a few .07's. But I told my wife i wouldn't race anymore this year. She's worried about me tearing something up b/c this is my DD. I have talked her into letting me get a project car to turn into my weekend/strip car. Just gotta build up some money and find the right vehicle

Quick Reply: New best and runner up in trophy class