Old 10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics and vids

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...t=IMG_0136.flv

Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

The car is doing very well and hope to see you drop that ET deeper this next weekend.

congrats again
Old 10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

what i don't understand is how this turbo cars are not running slicks? is your car lowered at all?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the #s.

Derek
Old 10-28-2009, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
what i don't understand is how this turbo cars are not running slicks? is your car lowered at all?
they don't hit the tires hard and power is progressive thats why the mph is usually crazy
if they put a tire on and left at full boost then they would be much quicker
Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
I can run slicks on the car without an issue. The only reason I went to a DR is because a friend of mine is running a drag radial and we have a gentlemans bet for 2 dollars this Saturday at our club event and he uses drag radials because he runs in a 10.20 class with drag radials. I have more power than he does but he cuts almost perfect lights. It's a challenge for me to cut better lights and to balance my launch for the tire. What's really cool is that I can run 9.50's on a tire that I actually use on the street. It's just another challenge. I never understood why folks would try to eek out every little bit of HP they can going NA instead of just adding a power adder? But to each his own. It's just a challenge and it's fun to try.

Saturday I'll run my races on DR's then switch to slicks and come out on some real boost. I don't have a motor 2 step so it's not real easy for me to choose just the right boost levels. I have the boost controller set to 8PSI on the launches and it switches to 17PSI right after launch. This gets me the 9.5 ET's at around 150 MPH. I can run up to say 20PSI but I'm not sure if the tire can take it. It's just fun playing with it.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
they don't hit the tires hard and power is progressive thats why the mph is usually crazy
if they put a tire on and left at full boost then they would be much quicker
Right. My issues right now is that I'm not really coming out of the hole with any boost at all. I need to foot brake the car like a madman and build boost then hit the transbrake build more boost and then let her rip out of the hole. If the car unloads at all at any point in the early part of the run my tires break loose. To be honest...I'm only now getting used to this much power.

Saturday should be a lot of practice runs for me and I can try more combinations. I don't have a wheelie bar so progressive practice is my only defense against the dreaded "Hey look at those clouds" pucker situations.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

ahhh i see. when you guys are controlling boost off the line are you doing it in increments of 1psi with eboost i suppose? i know the ams units control it in .1 psi which is crazy.

one of the things i don't understand is when your bulding boost at the line, thats hundreths of secs your losing or does it depend on the tree (class) which i don't know yet because ive never competed (yet) or does it simple not matter because that's the only little con to a turbo setup an how you utilize it at the strip?

notice the d1sc for sale in the sig...if it sells im going turbo if not its no big deal ill have boost either way and to the OP good luck on the gentle man's bet
Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

I only control boost at increments of 1PSI. You should lose nothing in the way of time from the tree. Even with pro tree you have time to build boost. You just need to start building it as you're walking into the 2nd bulb.

Here's a youtube video that shows someone building it that way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBQRglWqElM
Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

i see now what an awesome regal

Quick Reply: 9's on 17" Drag Radials