Stock Z28 times?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28241
I tried telling them bro..
eh im open to criticism im used to ppl trying to tell me otherwise lol i just tell them to race me if they dont beleive me.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackfbird98
eh im open to criticism im used to ppl trying to tell me otherwise lol i just tell them to race me if they dont beleive me.
sorry bud, call me crazy but how old is your car? and it went 12.79 @109 after how many years? Stock?

imo, 3 or 4 years old is the cutoff before fatigue begins to set in, you're not running waaay faster than everyone else (in an auto might i add) at 10yo.. you buy the car new? exactly.. tune, cheater cam, gear change, something's done to it.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

My 02 SS a4 that went 13.36 bone stock and w/a P&P TB & Hypertech Hand Tuner went 12.87 and cooler air.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
sorry bud, call me crazy but how old is your car? and it went 12.79 @109 after how many years? Stock?

imo, 3 or 4 years old is the cutoff before fatigue begins to set in, you're not running waaay faster than everyone else (in an auto might i add) at 10yo.. you buy the car new? exactly.. tune, cheater cam, gear change, something's done to it.
like i said im open to criticism, i dont even understand how it did it but it did. the car is in great shape and runs great. and i am the first legit owner of the car after nys owned it since it was a chase car. i dont know how many departments would go through the trouble of tuning it, putting a cam in it, and doing a gear change. only thing different in these cars are reinforced doors and suspension. other than that it is exactly the same as a reg z28. and my car only has 70,000 miles. also i know this isnt the only time someone has hit twelves with their stock car, good weather, car running good and a good driver= good times. its not rocket science.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

only thing different in these cars are reinforced doors and suspension.
can you elaborate on this? my buddy has had 4 b4c cars (from indiana mind you) and none of them had any different parts on them except for a block heater. every other part was exactly the same as a z28. interior, exterior, etc etc. his 2k b4c car weighed exactly 100lbs less than my 2k all option z28. both autos and completely stock.

best pass he made was 13.36 @ 104. that was one of 14 passes that night haha. i think at sealevel he definately would've had a legit 12 sec car. every b4c car he had ran hard. must be a cop thing hah.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s346k
can you elaborate on this? my buddy has had 4 b4c cars (from indiana mind you) and none of them had any different parts on them except for a block heater. every other part was exactly the same as a z28. interior, exterior, etc etc. his 2k b4c car weighed exactly 100lbs less than my 2k all option z28. both autos and completely stock.

best pass he made was 13.36 @ 104. that was one of 14 passes that night haha. i think at sealevel he definately would've had a legit 12 sec car. every b4c car he had ran hard. must be a cop thing hah.

had my door all apart to replace the window motor and regulator and you could see the impact bars running from one end to the other. and as for suspension my car sits way way higher than any of my friends cars and they are at stock height, and i have driven their cars and you can feel a difference in how the car launches.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s346k
every b4c car he had ran hard. must be a cop thing hah.
thats another thing, my car when i bought it was in immaculate shape despite the center console ripped apart because of having the radio. my car runs great and is extremely clean you can deff tell the car was taken care of
Old 08-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a godsend that i was told about this forum. my b4c went 12.79 at 109.15 on oct 25 2009 at nyirp. i was at full weight and had been running consistent 12.9 all night until my last run when i went 12.7. The da that day was -267. i had NO mods whats so ever. if need be i can post the time slip.
Do you footbrake the launch?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's unlikely as people said, Bone stock with drag radials with low humidty, a low elevation and cold temps it's possible but yea in most normal driving standards chances are it won't happen
Old 08-27-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

had my door all apart to replace the window motor and regulator and you could see the impact bars running from one end to the other. and as for suspension my car sits way way higher than any of my friends cars and they are at stock height, and i have driven their cars and you can feel a difference in how the car launches.
i hate to bust your bubble, but the suspensions are quite the same. as for the bars inside the doors...i refer to those as "crash bars" and removed them from my car to lose weight.

there is quite a gap between the fenderwell and tire. kind of hard to see in the pic, but this car weighed 3280 at this point. this was my z28.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

i hate to bust your bubble, but the suspensions are quite the same. as for the bars inside the doors...i refer to those as "crash bars" and removed them from my car to lose weight.

there is quite a gap between the fenderwell and tire. kind of hard to see in the pic, but this car weighed 3280 at this point. this was my z28.

like i said before, all of my buddy's b4c cars were almost exactly 100lbs lighter than mine. a hardtop car 100lbs lighter than others will definately handle differently.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Posi
Do you footbrake the launch?
yes i do
Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

like i said before i am open to criticism about my car. i had not touched it when i ran 12.7 and it took me several times down the track to get it there. so call me a liar, tell me my car is not stock that is your opinion. i have nothing to gain from lieing about it, i have the slip and ppl who witnessed it first hand. it was pretty cold that particular day and the da was -267 so the weather was in my favor. I also had JUST put a fresh set of riken raptor STREET tires on the back. all that and practice with launching is what helped me run that time. i jus beleive my car is a factory freak and everyone one else agrees, i dont see any other explanation for how my car could have done it bone stock. and like i said before i am the first legit owner of the car since nys had it as their patrol car, you can tell nothing special was done to it, it still has the 853 heads and ls1 intake.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went 13.10 at 96. Stock trans/converter, exhaust, rear. The trans let go. This was at Rt. 66. We went on a decent day to play with the tune. If the trans would have stayed together 12.9something wouldn't have been an issue. This was on bfg kdw's, draglites in front, and some weight taken out.

Quick Reply: Stock Z28 times?