1st time ever racing at the track

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait till you get the long tubes, but I wouldn't drive it too much if I didn't have to. I feel running rich is better than running lean, but too rich can wash the cylinder walls. Not sure how bad your tune is off until someone actually looks at it and give us some data.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98_LS1
wait till you get the long tubes, but I wouldn't drive it too much if I didn't have to. I feel running rich is better than running lean, but too rich can wash the cylinder walls. Not sure how bad your tune is off until someone actually looks at it and give us some data.
okay cool ill minimize the driving. ill get some data back up on this thread in about a month. thank you for all your help so far
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

You will be very surprised at the difference longtubes make. I think the combination of low compression, bad tune and factory exhaust manifolds are to blame for your times. Good luck with the new changes!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
You will be very surprised at the difference longtubes make. I think the combination of low compression, bad tune and factory exhaust manifolds are to blame for your times. Good luck with the new changes!
im puttin a turbo on the car so idk if i should still get long tubes? thank you, i also think to blame the shitty *** tires i have in the rear. its okay though cuz i have a set of slicks at home being put on for the next round @ the track
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm soooo glad you beat me to the punch of going forced induction with that car!! LOL Everything on it was designed for it. If it was a biotch to tune it's because it wasn't done by anyone who knew what they were doing! Theres no question camaro z is spot on with his diagnosis of why your times are so slow! You likely have a baby cam to go along with your setup i'd be willing to guess. And forged internals don't equal more power as it kind of sounded like you were implying. Forgive me if i'm wrong. They just hold up to more abuse than factory components do.

Good luck with that turbo setup! You're going to love the raw power you should be making soon!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
I'm soooo glad you beat me to the punch of going forced induction with that car!! LOL Everything on it was designed for it. If it was a biotch to tune it's because it wasn't done by anyone who knew what they were doing! Theres no question camaro z is spot on with his diagnosis of why your times are so slow! You likely have a baby cam to go along with your setup i'd be willing to guess. And forged internals don't equal more power as it kind of sounded like you were implying. Forgive me if i'm wrong. They just hold up to more abuse than factory components do.

Good luck with that turbo setup! You're going to love the raw power you should be making soon!!!
yeah it has a custom turbo cam aka not a big high lift cam haha. yeah i think your right on target with the forged internals part. it just sucks that i gotta wait so long to get this to my correct setup. but once i do it will be 10x better. im waiting until after boot camp to buy a turbo kit.