New fastest time---daily driver with a kit---

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New fastest time---daily driver with a kit---

Got a new personal best last night.. It was mid to upper 60 degrees.

2000 SS M6.. The car has no suspension mods at all.. 110% OEM all the way around. The car also has a factory clutch in it, along with the crappy 2000 and under Master Cylinder and slave.. (my downfall). The car has 17'' Nitto's with stock 342's in the rear. All original 67k mile rear. So, the car is a stock car, minus a Blackwing lid, P&P 78mm throttle body, stock LS1 intake(also my downfall), untouched 853 heads.. Stock manifolds, with an electric cutout And of course all stock internals. Its a hardtop, cloth car by the way.. Power windows and locks though.. Weighs 3500 with me in the driver seat. (race weight)

Car has a NOS 78 mm plate kit, with a 110 wet shot. An almost full bottle at about 950psi got me to this best pass.. 2nd pass of the night.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know why it wont let me twist that picture to help.. Sorry. If a moderator could do it, i'd appreciate it.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a really good time especially on the nittos. Get some headers & exhaust on there with some lower control arms & relocation brackets, better drag radials and it will prob run very low 7's. Then it will be clutch time!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killer5.3
That is a really good time especially on the nittos. Get some headers & exhaust on there with some lower control arms & relocation brackets, better drag radials and it will prob run very low 7's. Then it will be clutch time!
Oh you're definitely right! I have had Pace Setter's hanging in the laundry room for 8 months.. Just been seeing how fast I can go with a basically stock car, with a little help from the bottle.. Headers and exhaust will be on very soon.. Got a true dual setup with a x pipe, borla xr1's..

Quick Reply: New fastest time---daily driver with a kit---