Finally sorted out my chassis gremlins..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally sorted out my chassis gremlins..

I fought electrical gremlins for a couple of outings, then fought chassis gremlins for an outing. Got out this Friday and made a very soft shake down pass to make sure she went straight. Then shortened up the ramp, went straight as an arrow but something went wrong in the motor about 4.10 into the run. Took out the #8 plug, but that hole is perfect. #6 lost all compression and leak down is pouring back up through the intake. I'm about to throw in the towel, this has been a rough season.

Here is a video of a good chuck of the aborted pass from before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npCKH5XUDV8

Here are the two passes from Friday.

Shake down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwKB93xc6uA

Boom boom pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD73joq0NKM
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Sorry to hear you had some problems, that SN95 was flyin' in those vids. Can I name it? How about Ol' Black Hoe.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel your pain. I have been launching off my stall on the brake, without help from my 2 step to build boost. Finally got the 2 step working and ironed out, and decided instead of zip tieing the wires then and putting loom around them I'd take it out for a test spin first. Needless to say I should of zip tied them as a power wire got caught in my shifter gate and fried my transmission plug. Spent all day chasing electrical wires back to the plug. Instead of taking the 5 minutes to zip tie it I rushed it and cost myself a week of down time, and now I have to postpone a grudge race for tomorrow night....

Joys of owning a race car....
Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I feel your pain. I have been launching off my stall on the brake, without help from my 2 step to build boost. Finally got the 2 step working and ironed out, and decided instead of zip tieing the wires then and putting loom around them I'd take it out for a test spin first. Needless to say I should of zip tied them as a power wire got caught in my shifter gate and fried my transmission plug. Spent all day chasing electrical wires back to the plug. Instead of taking the 5 minutes to zip tie it I rushed it and cost myself a week of down time, and now I have to postpone a grudge race for tomorrow night....

Joys of owning a race car....
That SUCKS! I hate when stupid **** like that happens!

On another note, finally got the motor torn down and found the problem... Cracked a head, its at the machine shop getting fixed up now.