Are these drag results OK?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hville stays around 1700-2200 DA so I figured you were somewhere in there. Start checking DA after every track visit... Lets you know how much the weather effected your new times.

Without a doubt.. But an M6 should pull harder on the top end, which yours isn't. Stalled simple bolt on cars are MPHing the same, my car had you by 6+mph in worse DA and similar weights, something is up...

What is the reason for the stock clutch?

I'm not sure what the dying problem would be contributed to.

Gomer... When our cars our done we're all going to Hville for him to tune them. Should be 1.5-2 months out or so.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Hville stays around 1700-2200 DA so I figured you were somewhere in there. Start checking DA after every track visit... Lets you know how much the weather effected your new times.

Without a doubt.. But an M6 should pull harder on the top end, which yours isn't. Stalled simple bolt on cars are MPHing the same, my car had you by 6+mph in worse DA and similar weights, something is up...

What is the reason for the stock clutch?

I'm not sure what the dying problem would be contributed to.

Gomer... When our cars our done we're all going to Hville for him to tune them. Should be 1.5-2 months out or so.
The reason for the stock clutch is when it went bad this car was my DD. It was around christmas time so I was low on cash. I only had money for a stock replacement plus the car was boltons only too. All the other mods were done after that. When this clutch goes I will be doing a complete kit, tick master and all.

I did a little math and on the back half of the track it took me 2.823 seconds. With my bolton PB it took 2.9293 seconds. Between those runs there was a mph difference of 4.84. To have gained that mph with everything else being the same tells me yeah my first and second gear needs work BADLY.

I shift into 3rd about 150ft before the finish so that is more lost momentum.
I've heard good things about Gomer I may just have him look at my tune to be sure. Have you by chance heard any good/bad about Lane at Hinson over in Lacey Springs he did this tune.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a crappy vid of the last run of the night. The quality sucks as far as seeing but you can hear the car and YES my shifting needs work. Plus you can hear the tire spin on launch too.

I will be getting hopefully a better vid of the same run on Monday.

http://picture.vzw.com/pub/share/gue...7XmPkSCULakhr8
Old 06-11-2012, 02:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't see anything my man, link maybe broke?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
Can't see anything my man, link maybe broke?

Link works for me thats weird. I am not at work today but tomorrow I should be able to get the video and then I'll post it here and hopefully it will work. Maybe then you will be able to see what my issue is.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Even with tire spin your trap should still be higher. Sometimes on bad launches i would have higher traps because spinning was keeping my rpms up. I'm trapping 86 in the 1/8 with mods in sig and i'm probably only making 33x rwhp. If i got a 3.5" pipe and cutout i might even do 87 or so

Quick Reply: Are these drag results OK?